Page 163 of 237 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3547
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FreshGuy View Post
    I'm quite excited for the relaunch, it seems pretty exciting!
    It's gonna be amazing. I believe it's gonna be a new era for this character, with big additions to his mythology and a world of new possibilities. Not unlike PAD's run 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post
    I totally agree. I really loved his development in Ragnarok, and the little twist they gave him in Infinity War was great. I think we'll get clarification on whether he was scared to come out or just refusing to be Banner's whipping boy in the next installment, but either way, it makes sense with what has been set up and it will be an interesting development going forward.

I was a huge fan on the first arc of Indestructible. It got around the Banner Problem nicely. No one wants a whiny or put-upon Banner getting in the way of getting to see the Hulk, and you also need Banner for balance and storytelling. Having the two of them cooperate to do good was nice. The Immortal Hulk book looks to be a really interesting setup that works as a logical extension of what's come before without completely depending on it. And a Hulk horror book? Yes, please.

I also happen to really like most of Ewing's writing, and he seems to only take something on when he has a story to tell. I have high hopes.

100% with you on this one. And it's not as if the movie Hulk is weak. It's super clear that the kinds of forces he's operating with are far beyond all but the largest man-made forces. As for the Thanos fight, I didn't catch it on the first viewing, but the second time, it was really, really clear that Thanos hit him in a few pressure points before really laying in. I know that knocking the Hulk out of the fight, storywise, was meant to establish Thanos's strength and the threat he posed. But the bit with Loki and the fact that the film literally opens with him dragging Thor's beaten body around could establish that same thing. So far, the films have done well with being explainable by their own logic, so that beatdown wasn't to serve Thanos's story. It's there to push forward the Hulk's.

Also, if y'all want some fun Hulky goodness, I'm having a blast as the Hulk in Future Fight. He's a little bit difficult to get usually, but there are events going on right now that make him easy to get, rank, and level up. I'm using the Ragnarok costume and it's so Hulky.
    Excellent post.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Here's an interesting take on the Hulk for the silver screen:
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusi...r-movie-never/
    While these practical effects are outstanding, I fear they would limit the motion of Hulk, especially for fights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    While these practical effects are outstanding, I fear they would limit the motion of Hulk, especially for fights.
    Damn it. Hulk + horror. That would've been great.

About the Immortal Hulk, i pretty up with this. After Infinity War i need that relanch to block these cinematic versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    It's gonna be amazing. I believe it's gonna be a new era for this character, with big additions to his mythology and a world of new possibilities. Not unlike PAD's run 30 years ago.

Excellent post.
    Thanks! I've lurked here for a while, and when I saw some positivity upswing, I made sure to join in. I don't get the impulse to express love for something through gatekeeping and relentless negativity, especially with comics. There's always something new coming down the pipeline, so there's always an opportunity for new fans, new stories, and new hope.

So thank you again. I'll do my best to keep it going.

I also, obviously, have a similar feeling about Immortal Hulk. It's a new direction that seems like it could stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    That seems like it could have been awesome. Get enough passionate people together and you usually get something good. Of course, 1998 was a dark time for digital effects, especially those involving people shapes, so who knows. But it's nice to think about. Thanks for the link!

One those things than turn me into a Hulk fan, is the horror in your stories. I always fan of horror movies, i grew up with this movie genre. In my opinion the Immortal Hulk must be reflect this kind of horror. When we see the monsters and remember how unique the 80's was. Creatures like these, for example (Demons 2 1986).
    bynight.jpg

Part of this horror appear in Bruce Jones run with influence of the television series. By the way, this one of my favorite Hulk stories, the end of Bruce Jones arc was pretty dramatic.

Hope Al Ewing and Joe Bennett bring this feeling back. I wanna see the Hulk like scariest creature.

Speaking of horror, what a wonderful one-shot this Monster-Size Hulk (2008).

demons-2-foto.jpg

bynight.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hulkboy; 05-13-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    One those things than turn me into a Hulk fan, is the horror in your stories. I always fan of horror movies, i grew up with this movie genre. In my opinion the Immortal Hulk must be reflect this kind of horror. When we see the monsters and remember how unique the 80's was. Creatures like these, for example (Demons 2 1986).
    bynight.jpg

Part of this horror appear in Bruce Jones run with influence of the television series. By the way, this one of my favorite Hulk stories, the end of Bruce Jones arc was pretty dramatic.

Hope Al Ewing and Joe Bennett bring this feeling back. I wanna see the Hulk like scariest creature.

Speaking of horror, what a wonderful one-shot this Monster-Size Hulk (2008).

demons-2-foto.jpg

bynight.jpg
    I like the horror aspects, as well, and have pretty high hopes for Immortal. On the other hand, I don't really think Hulk is innately a horror character, and I think it an lend self in a lot of instances to what I call The Banner Problem.

The Banner Problem is a story problem wherein the main character (Banner) has the primary goal, sometimes even primarily personality, of keeping the audience from what we want to see (Hulk). The Ed Norton Hulk, for example, had this problem on full display, and the audience ends up resenting Banner instead of sympathizing or cheering.

This has been solved many ways over the years, and it's the primary reason we get a smart Hulk on a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post
    I like the horror aspects, as well, and have pretty high hopes for Immortal. On the other hand, I don't really think Hulk is innately a horror character, and I think it an lend self in a lot of instances to what I call The Banner Problem.

The Banner Problem is a story problem wherein the main character (Banner) has the primary goal, sometimes even primarily personality, of keeping the audience from what we want to see (Hulk). The Ed Norton Hulk, for example, had this problem on full display, and the audience ends up resenting Banner instead of sympathizing or cheering.

This has been solved many ways over the years, and it's the primary reason we get a smart Hulk on a cycle.
    In my view i always see the Hulk like a horror character. He loves his power and reject the weake human race. The first story from 1962 show this when he tried to kill Rick Jones. The only thing than impossibility him to turn into a potential muder is your human side. He is enjoy the company of the monsters, criatures like him than are reject. The aspect of the Hulk, a real aspect, is from a very scary creature, thing than is hard to see this day, but is saw on television series. He is not a hero, is not a character like the others. His life is like a tragedy for him, no matter how he try to make peace, things go happen to unleash his anger and turn him into this monster again.

The battle between good and evil. And in the case of the Hulk, the evil is triumphant.

Thats because i hate this movies and still loves the television series.

I gotta disagree. Hulk is not evil, angry, lonely, resentful, but not evil.

There is a part of him that would let the puny humans die, sure. But, he never ends up going through with it.

iMan 42s

I'm always a little iffy when it comes to horror and the Hulk. Much of his best stories while dark, aren't necessarily horror stories. He does however have elements of horror to him though. The idea that through some means you violently transform into a destructive person or monster is a pretty terrifying concept all on its own, but The Hulk spent much of his history fighting other monsters. At best he has psychological horror elements to him, even body horror. But to push him into a totally horror themed path is the wrong move considering what it is many have wanted to see the Hulk do and that's smash things and fight other monsters.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I gotta disagree. Hulk is not evil, angry, lonely, resentful, but not evil.

There is a part of him that would let the puny humans die, sure. But, he never ends up going through with it.
    The part of him than not kill is Banner. The Hulk is a pure evil hidden inside of us. Even in Avengers No Surrender arc there is a dialogue between Banner and Jarvis about this. Banner try to make a hell a heaven while the Hulk, the king of hell, lives in his flesh. That is not me talk, this is from the comics, the true aspect of the horror than the Hulk is.

Go back to the Peter David Grey Hulk run when the Hulk hurt Betty Ross, this part of Banner is the only madness. Even the television series (Dark Side, episode 4 from season 4) Banner awake this evil inside of him when he tries to cure himself. And go back to Paul Jenkins run, when we see the various personas included a demon. The only thing than Banner do is fight to stop this monster to kill. Without Banner the Hulk is only madness, a mindless monster. Back to the crossroads when thes mindless Hulk recovery your humanity little by little, just because we start to see Banner inside of him, the good side.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    push him into a totally horror themed path is the wrong move considering what it is many have wanted to see the Hulk do and that's smash things and fight other monsters.
    The theme "Hulk smash this and that" is, in my opinion, much bored. We can see this in these CGI movies. I like to see Hulk smash in the 80's, or even in 70's, but today the most part of the stories with the theme "smash" is empty.

I think we need a more mature Hulk stories, like the television series was.
    Last edited by Hulkboy; 05-15-2018 at 06:55 PM.

BANNED

The Hulk isn't evil. He's aggressive, powerful, cold, stoic and often resentful or at least indifferent to humanity. But evil? No, he is not. True, Hulk and the various personas are often depicted as portraying the darker aspects of Bruce Banner, but other than the Devil-Hulk, none of them are evil. He's just too powerful, strong, unstoppable and unique... for it is well known that the puny humans fear what they cannot understand nor control.

The Hulk cannot be contained. He cannot be controlled. He can't be stopped. And he can never die. He's a force of power that neither science, magic or cosmic forces can overcome or resolve.

And to be honest, the horror genre isn't the only way we can have great Hulk stories. Look at some of the all-time best Hulk material from writers like Peter David, Greg Pak, Roger Stern and Len Wein. They've often blended various elements of many genres: action, sci-fi, horror, drama, supernatural, etc. Hulk/Banner are so unique that they can adapt to any type of storytelling, and as long as it's crafted superbly it can work.

And, like so many others, we love to see Hulk smashing and fighting. The bigger, more dangerous, and numerous threats the Hulk faces, the more we like it. We love it when he clashes with teams of heroes. We love it when he collides with powerful villains. We love it as he smashes through armies, giant robots, giant monsters, and powerful antagonists whose origins may be scientific, cosmic, and/or mystical/supernatural in nature. You can't have HULK without some major SMASH action.

Nonetheless, we're looking forward to Al Ewing's run. Especially after a near 7 year drought of solid Hulk stories. And who knows? After this horror angle, Al Ewing may take the book in a different angle in about 2 years from now. If he wishes to remain on the book for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    The Hulk isn't evil. He's aggressive, powerful, cold, stoic and often resentful or at least indifferent to humanity. But evil? No, he is not.
    Without Banner, Hulk is a real monster, he is just a different type of evil.

True, Hulk and the various personas are often depicted as portraying the darker aspects of Bruce Banner, but other than the Devil-Hulk, none of them are evil. He's just too powerful, strong, unstoppable and unique... for it is well known that the puny humans fear what they cannot understand nor control.
    Devil Hulk is a pure evil, this persona promisses who comes back to cursed Banner much more.

And to be honest, the horror genre isn't the only way we can have great Hulk stories. Look at some of the all-time best Hulk material from writers like Peter David, Greg Pak, Roger Stern and Len Wein. They've often blended various elements of many genres: action, sci-fi, horror, drama, supernatural, etc. Hulk/Banner are so unique that they can adapt to any type of storytelling, and as long as it's crafted superbly it can work.
    But the horror is essential, if he calling Immortal, he must be the different from the others versions, included the stories. I not see problem if Ewing turn the Hulk into a real monster.

And, like so many others, we love to see Hulk smashing and fighting. The bigger, more dangerous, and numerous threats the Hulk faces, the more we like it. We love it when he clashes with teams of heroes. We love it when he collides with powerful villains. We love it as he smashes through armies, giant robots, giant monsters, and powerful antagonists whose origins may be scientific, cosmic, and/or mystical/supernatural in nature. You can't have HULK without some major SMASH action.
    Not interesting to me see only smash, totally empty way. If the fans loves this smash they can go to see these animations, cartoons or whatever, even this movies on CGI. If i known the Hulk only by this, i swear i never like of this character.

Smash in these days he do nothing more. If he smash Avengers he punched by a Elder going into a space, the same Elder who was beated by this same Avengers than Hulk smash. Because of this, Hulk smash in these days is not interesting anymore. For him to smash he need a good story, intense, to people and his enemies fear him again.

The success of the tv series is not smash. Is Banner trying to find a cure for this evil with more realistic stories.
    Last edited by Hulkboy; 05-16-2018 at 01:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    Without Banner, Hulk is a real monster, he is just a different type of evil.

Devil Hulk is a pure evil, this persona promisses who comes back to cursed Banner much more.

But the horror is essential, if he calling Immortal, he must be the different from the others versions, included the stories. I not see problem if Ewing turn the Hulk into a real monster.

Not interesting to me see only smash, totally empty way. If the fans loves this smash they can go to see these animations, cartoons or whatever, even this movies on CGI. If i known the Hulk only by this, i swear i never like of this character.

Smash in these days he do nothing more. If he smash Avengers he punched by a Elder going into a space, the same Elder who was beated by this same Avengers than Hulk smash. Because of this, Hulk smash in these days is not interesting anymore. For him to smash he need a good story, intense, to people and his enemies fear him again.

The success of the tv series is not smash. Is Banner trying to find a cure for this evil with more realistic stories.
    Hulk without Banner hasn't been evil. Nor in all the occasions where the two were separated was he nothing but a monster or a raging behemoth. During John Byrne's run there was none of Banner or Hulk's persona within his mind, thus why he was a raging monster. Another example is when Banner & Hulk were separated after their clash with Onslaught, the Hulk was Gravage-like in personality and cold, but he wasn't a monster. I could list a few other prime examples, but I'll leave it at that.

The Hulk has always been immortal. The series doesn't have to be in the horror genre to focus or involve that particular aspect of the character. It's been shown many times throughout the years on many occasions. Al Ewing has stated that Hulk is the Monster Who Hunts Monsters, but he also is bringing up the question in regards to Banner/Hulk as to whether they're man or monster... or both.

Hulk smashing and fighting is an important aspect of the character. Always has been and always will be. And since you're quick to bring up his fight against Grandmaster Prime, you should know that he is an Elder of Universe with immense power. His presence alone on Earth caused natural disasters to happen over the entire planet. In other words, his power levels were off the charts. And the Hulk was the only one who could physically hurt him and draw blood, something that not even all the teams of heroes could accomplish.

Grandmaster Prime was easily swatting all the Avengers aside like gnats. If not for all the Avengers summoning all of their power through the all the ages with a vastly powerful mystical assault, they would have been killed and Grandmaster Prime would have shattered Earth into space debris. The only time he used his full, true power was against the Hulk and then resorted to removing the Green Goliath from the battlefield. Scary thing being that, despite all the power Grandmaster Prime has and unleashed, the Hulk laughed off his most powerful shot like it was nothing, as if it only tickled him.

That, combined with how easily Hulk tore through and bulldozed the most formidable of Avengers with ease, displays how powerful this particular incarnation of the Hulk is.

Fans pick up and read Hulk comics for great stories, great characters, intense action, intriguing drama, thrilling suspense, massive villains/threats, emotional stakes and tons of smashing. If none of these aspects are in a Hulk story, then it's gonna be disappointing. Ground Zero, Future Imperfect, Planet Hulk, World War Hulk, etc. All of these stories have those aspects, which is why they're considered among the all-time greatest Hulk/Banner stories.

Haven't seen Bruce since No Surrender ended.

I miss him already.

Can't leave that hot train so quickly sir.