Page 203 of 237 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I expected better characterization of Hulk from him. He's usually a smart writer, so I figured he'd understand the Hulk better than he did. His FF was much better than his Avengers book.
    Yeah his portrayal of the Hulk and Thanos was disappointing but at least he gave us this scene:

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah his portrayal of the Hulk and Thanos was disappointing but at least he gave us this scene:

Lol, Hickmas isn't my favorite writer but this scene always make me laugth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Holy **** is this book fantastic. Al Ewing is KILLING it.
    Yes, totally!! This week's issue is another winner. Really liked the introduction of Shadow Base.

BANNED

Btw, nice to see Immortal Hulk #7 among the top 25 advance reorders!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...ance-reorders/

Next issue. Hulk vs the Avengers. I hope the Avengers Bring their insurance cards they are going to need them. Should be a great fight. Vegas probably has the Hulk as a slight favorite.

I am enjoying this run so much, it makes me a little sick to my stomach to know that someday it will go away. Awesome job on Hulk team, keep on keeping on. 4.7 out of 5 stars for me.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Btw, nice to see Immortal Hulk #7 among the top 25 advance reorders!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...ance-reorders/
    Venom has also been killing it lately.

There is even an odd parallel there with both characters finding renewed success thanks to fresh takes that actually build on the past and have strong horror themes. (And cosmic horror specifically.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Next issue. Hulk vs the Avengers. I hope the Avengers Bring their insurance cards they are going to need them. Should be a great fight. Vegas probably has the Hulk as a slight favorite.
    It's gonna be a hell of a fight (and issue). The great thing is that Ewing has said it's gonna keep the horror angle for it. It'll have a different tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I am enjoying this run so much, it makes me a little sick to my stomach to know that someday it will go away. Awesome job on Hulk team, keep on keeping on. 4.7 out of 5 stars for me.
    I feel the same. But all the great things end, after all. A nice thing is that Ewing will have left his mark on the character and his mythos, hopefully paving the way for other writers
    to play with new elements, much like PAD did years ago. He mentioned that in some of the earlier interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Venom has also been killing it lately.

There is even an odd parallel there with both characters finding renewed success thanks to fresh takes that actually build on the past and have strong horror themes. (And cosmic horror specifically.)
    Yup! Venom is absolutely brilliant. My 2nd favorite book, almost tied with Immortal Hulk (Amazing Spider-Man would be 3rd)!

Got to admit, I have my doubts that next issue will be quite the glorious smashing of the Avengers that many of us Hulk fans would like.

Mostly because of the solicitation for #8.

BANNED

I think someone, in this case the Shadow Base, is gonna take advantage of the fight, probably when Banner is left vulnerable. And they will do those horrible experiments we've seen in the cover from #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I think someone, in this case the Shadow Base, is gonna take advantage of the fight, probably when Banner is left vulnerable. And they will do those horrible experiments we've seen in the cover from #8.
    Might be.

I am just trying to lower expectations. As much as I'd like to see Hulk clean their collective clocks and give about half the team a piece of his mind...well we'll see.

At this point I just wanna see a good fight and a good showing for....

....THE IMMORTAL HULK!

Even if it's not the unrepentant smashing that at least half these Avengers got coming.

BANNED

I understand! What I can say is that, from the art we got from Bennett's facebook and instagram, the new powerful Helios weapon from Iron Man and thor won't be in good shape, hehe.

What's all this talk about Ewing leaving, hopefully we get a PAD length run out of him. Judging by the type of research he's doing on Hulk's history, he doesn't plan on leaving anytime soon. I had my reserves early on and dreaded a path that he could possibly take the Hulk, but the last two issues have totally relieved that. This is exceptional writing and characterizations.

As far as the fight next issue against the Avengers, if Marvel editors are allowing their writers an early preview of the going ons in the universe, then She-Hulk may end up being a big factor in that fight.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-20-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

BANNED

I think the Hulk is going to defeat the Avengers, tell them off/call them out on everything they've ever done to him/Banner and then leap away, turn back into Banner, and then get captured and dissected by Shadow Base. After all, the Hulk can never die... but Bruce Banner can.

On a different note, anyone else see that total BS from Jason Aaron's Avengers #8 about She-Hulk being more powerful than her cousin Bruce? Man, that Jason Aaron is a hack of a writer. I mean, seriously, look at all the great things in Marvel he's either ruined, tarnished, destroyed, made a mockery of, or at least attempted to:

Dr. Strange
    The Hulk
    Thanos
    Thor
    The Celestials
    The Eternals
    Nick Fury
    Uatu the Watcher
    Galactus

All of these characters, their mythology/lore/history/characters, and many more have been greatly and negatively effected by Jason Aaron's horrid handiwork. He is basically nothing more than Marvel's next version of Brian Michael Bendis. Some great ideas, A LOT of horribly horrific execution.