Page 101 of 237 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3547
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

BWAAAH-HAHAHA! That's a good caricature...

Retro Hulk TV ads...

HAH!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    HAH!
    ''Hulk like his Ken Doll''

I'll be damned; there it is!
    Had the shirt for years. Always thought my mom found an iron-on patch and stuck it on one of my t-shirts...

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    You forgot to mention the Heart-breaking moment that happen AFTER the Hulk fled the fight with his enemy with the Little boy admit to the Hulk that he is Hulk's friend.
    I also forgot to put in issue #194!!!
    DAMMIT!!!!

Incredible Hulk #194

Cover Date: December 1975
    Sale Date: September 16th, 1975
    Writer/Editor: Len Wein
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Joe Staton
    Letterer: John Costanza
    Colorist: Glynis Wein

“The Day of the Locust”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Bob and Carol Hickman, Doc Samson, General Ross, Clay Quartermain, and the Abomination.
    Villain: The Locust

Synopsis: Open to a hungry Hulk wandering into a camp of homeless men and devouring the entire pot of beans. Content, he curls up next to the fire and falls asleep. The next morning, as Bruce Banner, he is picked up by a young couple named Bob and Carol Hickman. Their ride is short-lived, as the nearby town has been barricaded off. Cut to New Mexico, as a disgruntled Doc Samson approaches General Ross, Betty and Clay Quartermain. Clay runs his mouth about Samson’s failure, but before Samson makes good on his threat, another officer interrupts the conversation about a shocking discovery. Meanwhile, Banner is getting the full-scoop from Bob and Carol and as the sun sets, a swarm of locusts invade the time. Banner transforms into the Hulk, intent on helping the townsfolk. The culprit behind the swarm is revealed to be the villainous Locust. Using his Magnon Beam, the Locust hatches oversized bugs upon the Hulk. A back & forth ensues, until he loses control and the insects turn on Carol. The Hulk saves the day with a ground quake, but is denied his revenge on the Locust – as Carol reveals that he’s her father. Confused, the Hulk wanders off. Back in New Mexico, we get a foggy view of General Ross, Quartermain, and Doc Samson. It appears that a surgery has been performed on someone – and the final page reveals that someone is the Abomination!

Commentary: The Locust….I mean…okay. Nothing exciting about this story, it’s a one-in-done that has little or no impact on the Hulk. However, Sal Buscema makes his debut on the title, but is no stranger to drawing the Green Goliath, having been a regular penciller on the Defenders. This is the start of a near-ten year run for Sal on the book. Writers and inkers will come and go, but Sal (for me) is the rock of the title over the years. Fans were upset at first, but soon warmed to Sal's style and the Buscema snarl and shaggy haired look became the norm for the Hulk's "look".

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Retro Hulk TV ads...

I know they were probably planning more feature length specials when Bill Bixby sadly passed away but it's a shame that the series didn't have a happy ending at the end of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I know they were probably planning more feature length specials when Bill Bixby sadly passed away but it's a shame that the series didn't have a happy ending at the end of it all.
    I'd have to refer to this book again:

But it sounded like the Hulk was coming back with Banner's brain (giving Lou a speaking role as the Hulk) or they were going to push for a She-Hulk special. Thankfully, that one never happened! Red eyes, GOLD SKIN??? Nah, keep the green...

Bill would have at least still done the voice, that's obvious. Otherwise his death wouldn't have prevented them doing Hulk with Banner's mind.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I wonder if they will ever reboot the tv series?

Doubtful. It would either require prohibitively expensive CGI, or would look 30 years out of date. There's a reason the Netflix heroes are the street level ones. Something like Hulk needs to be either a movie or a cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I wonder if they will ever reboot the tv series?
    I think there's a reason that Hulk TV pitch that Guillermo Del Toro was working on never came to fruition...

My wife would KILL ME if she saw this in the bathroom.
    My 3 year old would love it...

Nice spoof on Hulk #181;