Page 105 of 237 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3547
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Rich Buckler doing the cover???? And TAH makes it to issue #15???
    Wow, weird...

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I can see Cho being the Hulk for some time even if Banners comes back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I can see Cho being the Hulk for some time even if Banners comes back from the dead.
    They can keep Cho as a big giant green dude, but I want Banner and the Hulk back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    They can keep Cho as a big giant green dude, but I want Banner and the Hulk back.
    You can tell Marvel's editorial staff and writers have no idea what to do with the Hulk franchise because months early they de-Hulked most of the Hulk family only to make Cho a Hulk (which is the opposite of what they did in the previous series).

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    You can tell Marvel's editorial staff and writers have no idea what to do with the Hulk franchise because months early they de-Hulked most of the Hulk family only to make Cho a Hulk (which is the opposite of what they did in the previous series).
    True. I was finally able to make it to my LCS and read TAH up to issue #15.
    Liked the talk between Cho and Hawkeye.

Just not getting a vibe that this series has a specific direction...and I miss Frank Cho's art.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Yeah, come of think of it, all the Hulks got depowered except for the two She-Hulks (Jennifer and Lyra) and Bruce himself. They could've written it so that Bruce finally cured himself... which means Amadeus's origin as the Hulk doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, come of think of it, all the Hulks got depowered except for the two She-Hulks (Jennifer and Lyra) and Bruce himself. They could've written it so that Bruce finally cured himself... which means Amadeus's origin as the Hulk doesn't make a lot of sense.
    At this point I do not care if there is a bunch of Hulks running around (that is the trend of comics and I have accepted it), I just think that Marvel editorial and writers literally either lacked the creativity to come up with good/great Hulk stories or they do not the care for the Green Goliath. I think they need to put a writer like Al Ewing or Christopher Priest-who acknowledge continuity but also come up creative stories that send the character in a new unique direction.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    True. I was finally able to make it to my LCS and read TAH up to issue #15.
    Liked the talk between Cho and Hawkeye.

Just not getting a vibe that this series has a specific direction...and I miss Frank Cho's art.
    I actually didn't like that very much.

I mean, I could appreciate Cho letting out his emotions like that, but not to the guy who murdered Bruce in cold-blood and is claiming he did it because "it's what Bruce would've wanted."

Sure Clint's beating himself up enough about it, but I don't see Cho easily forgiving or letting that go the moment he sees him given he knew Banner couldn't transform into The Hulk when he was shot in the head through an arrow and put down like a dog.

To some degree I still haven't let it go either, and I'm a big Hawkeye fan.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Ron Frenz!!!

Thor #385, November 1987

Cover by Ron Frenz and Al Milgrom
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....day_ron_frenz/

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Thor #385, November 1987

Cover by Ron Frenz and Al Milgrom
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....day_ron_frenz/
    who actually drew this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who actually drew this issue?
    Erik Larsen on pencils...with Vinnie Colletta on inks.

Larsen explains it:
    "The year was 1985. I'd already been making comics professionally for a few years and corresponding with Jim Shooter trying to worm my way into Marvel. I finally met Shooter at the Chicago Comic Con. He flipped through my stack of sample pages and said, "So you're a professional now?" "Yes," I said. Shooter asked, "How would you like to draw an issue of Marvel Fanfare?" I suggested plotting it at the show. Shooter agreed. I sat down with Jim Shooter at the hotel bar and we kicked around a rough plot for a Hulk Vs. Thor story. I went home and drew the story we'd plotted, putting copious (and often hilariously out of character) notes all over the margins. I sent in the pages and waited. If nothing else--I had some killer samples that I could show folks to line up more assignments (which I did). Jim Shooter chose his favorite inker and writer to work on my first Marvel assignment: Vinnie Colletta and Stan Lee. My first Marvel job sat on the shelf for a while. It finally saw the light of day in 1987 as Thor #385. I'd made it."
    Last edited by McFarlane's Green Hulk; 02-09-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Dale Keown Hulk sketch @1985...

Adam Kubert Hulk for the roller coaster;

I am actually surprised this crossover has NEVER happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    if Cho gets to stay as Hulk for a few more years, kudos. Publish some "untold tales" of the Banner years. Might as well.
    I think that was part of the idea behind the Savage Hulk series a few years ago.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth