Page 107 of 237 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3547
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    I was so disappointed in this storyline...
    I was just thinking that the other day.. so bad! the last issue with the guy on roller skates made me cringe..
    just awful!
    That being said,Peter David is still my fave Hulk writer.. what I tend to do concerning reading Davids run is to stop at issue#426 then read David's prose Hulk Novel (What Savage Beast) which was written around this time.. then return back for issue#454 onward for the rest of his run... I think the reason David's run lacked during the period above was partly due to a lot of his ideas and story being put into 'What Savage Beast' and also the Hulk title being a victim of perpetual crossover events.. but this is how I like to read his run.. and it seems to work.. anyone else tried this reading order?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Sal is definitely top 5 Hulk artist of all-time. I love how dynamic the action scenes are laid out.
    Sal was never as talented as his brother John as a draftsman, but I've always loved his work. His energy and enthusiasm shines through. It also pleased me to learn that Sal's favorite character was always the Hulk. I think that's part of the reason his long run on the character is so enjoyable. He was enjoying himself and it showed.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

My favourite Hulk artists in no particular order of preference are:

Sal Buscema
    Herb Trimpe
    Dale Keown
    Gary Frank
    Paul Pelletier

Would have included John Byrne but he was only on for about 5 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post

Sal Buscema
    Herb Trimpe
    Dale Keown
    Gary Frank
    Paul Pelletier

Very close to mien. If we're going by extended runs on Incredible Hulk itself mine would be:
    Sal Buscema
    Dale Keown
    Gary Frank
    Herb Trimpe

It took me a long time to appreciate Trimpe, but as I get older I like him more and more. I want to include Kirby, since he created the character, but he really didn't draw the Hulk much and too many of his Avengers and Tales to Astonish issues were layouts with inks that didn't do his art justice. I think my favorite Kirby Hulk is Incredible Hulk #5.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Yeah Trimpe's work would probably be a acquired taste nowadays and he would have a harder time establishing himself in this day of flashy 'superstars' artists where Reps seemingly can be made or broken on the internet but he was definitely the right man at the right time in regards to his Hulk work and to those who's first exposure to the Hulk was reading the books that were printed during the 1970s when Herb was really in his pomp then that will still leave a lasting impression with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    Anyone remember Ravage?

Attachment 45544 Attachment 45543

Doctor Geoffrey Crawford turned himself into a Hulk to cure himself of a degenerative nerve disease that confined him to a wheelchair. He was eventually captured by the Military and not seen since- given all that has happened to 616 since then (published 1998) where do we think Dr Crawford is now?

I certainly don't remember him being 'cured' by Doc Green...
    I have never heard of this character, but I would like to see more of him. He seems like he could be a nice foe for Cho.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I have never heard of this character, but I would like to see more of him. He seems like he could be a nice foe for Cho.
    He was in that "Rampaging Hulk" series that popped up in the late `90's.
    Written by Glenn Greenberg and drawn by Rick Leonardi. Only lasted six issues, since it was a retro-style series. I wasn't sure if it was considered canon anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post

Sal Buscema
    Herb Trimpe
    Dale Keown
    Gary Frank
    Paul Pelletier

Sal Buscema (THE classics savage Hulk artist for me)
    Todd McFarlane (Gray Hulk monstrosity, wish had stuck around to draw the green Hulk)
    Dale Keown (He gave the three Hulks their own distinct look, and the first to draw the Merged Hulk)
    Gary Frank (loved his Merged Hulk)
    Paul Pelletier (Good Lord, someone tie him to a chair to make him permanent Hulk artist!)

Honorable mention to Herb Trimpe and John Byrne. Trimpe had two great runs with himself as inker, but a lot of his work was saddled with poor ones. Byrne only did a handful of issues, but was sticking with the template of the time (unlike his Kirby fetish to ape that lurching "durrrr" look.)

I'll get raked over the coals, but I don't rate Kirby as a great Hulk artist at all. In fact, I cannot stand it. 3 fingers, three toes, shaggy haired to bowl cut. Forget it....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Octagon View Post
    I was just thinking that the other day.. so bad! the last issue with the guy on roller skates made me cringe..
    just awful!
    That being said,Peter David is still my fave Hulk writer.. what I tend to do concerning reading Davids run is to stop at issue#426 then read David's prose Hulk Novel (What Savage Beast) which was written around this time.. then return back for issue#454 onward for the rest of his run... I think the reason David's run lacked during the period above was partly due to a lot of his ideas and story being put into 'What Savage Beast' and also the Hulk title being a victim of perpetual crossover events.. but this is how I like to read his run.. and it seems to work.. anyone else tried this reading order?

Crossover events had a big part in it, but the art by Angel Medina was on a downward spiral. He started out great and then went into a hollow/shallow phase that just took the wind out of my sails. When Adam Kubert came aboard, I was excited because I loved his Wolverine stuff. But the same thing happened...his style changed. It was just getting back into place when PAD left the book...

So, apparently Wolverine is the new Hulk?
    http://www.newsarama.com/33310-comin...ulkverine.html

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digifiend View Post
    so, apparently wolverine is the new hulk?
    bub smash!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So, apparently Wolverine is the new Hulk?
    A Hulk/Wolverine hybrid...has potential.
    But this being Axel, I dread the actual outcome.

Incredible Hulk #200

Cover Date: June 1976
    Sale Date: March 16th, 1976
    Writer/Editor: Len Wein
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Joe Staton
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Wein

“An Intruder in the Mind!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Doc Samson, Betty & Glenn Talbot, General Ross, Clay Quartermain

Villain/Antagonists: The Gremlin’s brain creature, mental creations of old Hulk foes; the Missing Link, Abomination, Juggernaut, the Leader & Rhino, Iron Man, Sub-Mariner, Hercules & Doc Samson, Sandman & Mandarin, Modok, Gremlin and Harpy.

Synopsis: A Bruce Banner-controlled-Hulk (with the help of Samson’s newly-created Encephalo-Helmet) prepares to step onto the platform to the Mirco-Cannon, intent on helping restore Glenn Talbot’s mind. A quick goodbye and shrinking ray later, he’s microscopically fired into Talbot’s brain. Inside, Banner is caught in an electrical field, which plays havoc with the helmet’s control. He’s then attacked by memories of the Hulk’s foes; the Missing Link, Abomination and Juggernaut. From there, it’s the Leader and Rhino, followed by the Mandarin and Sandman. However, the Encephalo-Helmet is unable to handle anymore mental damage and Banner rips it off in a fit of pain and rage. Now the rampaging Hulk is back in control, and before he can literally leap explode out of Talbot’s head, more antibodies in the forms of Iron Man, Doc Samson, Silver Surfer, Sub-Mariner and Hercules attack. These are backed up by the Harpy, Gremlin, and Modok. The Hulk savagely makes quick work of them (since they all seem to evaporate after one punch) and by some random miracle, heads directly in the direction of the Gremlin’s mental block. It attacks, the Hulk shreds it and Talbot suddenly awakens in horror or pain. As Samson examines him, an alarm sounds, warning them that the shrinking ray is beginning to wear off. With the Micro-Cannon still honed into the Hulk’s gamma radiation, Samson makes the difficult decision to fire another round. It works and the Hulk shrinks even further from view into another realm. Talbot awakens to a tearful wife and Doc Samson states that he owes his life to Bruce Banner…and the Hulk.

Commentary: Not sure how the Juggernaut would make it into Talbot’s memory, since he was a prisoner of the Gremlin in Russia. The concludes the Talbot storyline that started way back in #166 and tripped it’s way into another round of drama in #185 onward. Talbot is going to take a backseat in a few issues, and so is Betty, for that matter.

Why is MODOK purple instead of yellow? He's part of AIM, isn't his chair armor supposed to match their beekeeper suits?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why is MODOK purple instead of yellow? He's part of AIM, isn't his chair armor supposed to match their beekeeper suits?
    Early appearances had him in a gray/purple color.