Page 11 of 237 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Just got Savage Hulk #1 today. Very disappointed that all it was just a modern-day version of X-Men #66.
    Loved the art, Davis hasn't lost a step. However, if this is the trend that this series is going to take, I don't see it lasting past Starlin's arc.

has the Hulk spent much time in Africa? Story arcs?

BANNED

So, thoughts on Hulk losing to Sungod?

Hulk #302...Buscema/Talaoc.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I liked the first issue of the new comic. Aside from the nice art, I appreciate a throwback story that hits all the beats I normally like to see the Hulk hit.

BANNED

My favorite Hulk artist has always been Dale Keown.

I love Phil Noto's art. I thought that he made Hulk look fantastic!

Hulk - Phil Noto6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    The sooner Hulk is off the Avengers, where he is made to be a member of the the organization that exiled him, and made to lose to random no-names the better.

I seriously wonder though, why would Marvel allow the characters to look like chumps compared to obvious DC knockoffs?

Already posted in two other threads, but...

Could this be true? POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!! DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW!

spoilers:
    Could we be getting a Planet Hulk movie?
    end of spoilers
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Already posted in two other threads, but...

Could this be true? POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!! DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW!

spoilers:
    Could we be getting a Planet Hulk movie?
    end of spoilers
    I'll believe it when I see actual trailers. Until then, I chalk it up to wishful internet rumor mongering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

None that I can recall.

My favorite Hulk artist has always been Dale Keown.
    I'd like to see him do some cover recreations from his past Hulk stuff. Modern-day Keown doing a cover recreation of Hulk #376? SOLD!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    The sooner Hulk is off the Avengers, where he is made to be a member of the the organization that exiled him, and made to lose to random no-names the better.

I seriously wonder though, why would Marvel allow the characters to look like chumps compared to obvious DC knockoffs?
    Perhaps is Marvel's way of giving the finger to DC on their New52 counter parts showing off how the Pre52 heroes were much better.
    Personally I always hated DC knockoffs in Marvel its either the writers showing off how much deconstruction they pull on a DC knockoff
    to lets pit Marvel heroes vs DC knockoffs. As to Hulk losing its not the end of the world Hulk lost to Maestro and Zeus off the top of my head.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Incredible Hulk (1999 2nd Series) #33, December 2001

cover by j.h. williams iii & mick gray christopher priest/jon bogdanove ? THE SCOOP: Run for your lives, it's the 100-Page Monster! ? THE STORY: Special guest star Queen Divine Justice (from BLACK PANTHER) renews her acquaintance with the green goliath! But in trying to halt the Hulk's destructive rampage across Wakanda, she'll create an even more perilous situation for the world! Plus: Not one, not two, but three more complete stories! First, an attempt to eliminate the Hulk using time travel backfires tragically on Bruce Banner (from INCREDIBLE HULK #204 by Len Wein & Herb Trimpe), then the challenge of the Crypto-Man leads to the death of the one the Hulk loves most (from INCREDIBLE HULK #205 by Len Wein & Sal Buscema), and finally the gray Hulk encounters a creature that calls into question the true nature of what makes one a monster (from INCREDIBLE HULK #335 by Peter David & John Higgins)! ? THE FORMAT: Yep, it's one new tale and three classic stories... for only a buck and a quarter more! 7-59606-04745-1-03311 (MarvelPG) 3.50 Cover price $3.50.

Preview:

Unfazed by it.

The Hulk isn't a 'sexy' character for most of these writers, so they treat him lightly. The only reason he's being used so much right now is because of movies. In these films he's treated like a muted dolt and in the comics he's treated the same way. For Marvel, it's more important for Banner to be the star.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Hulk #302...Buscema/Talaoc.
    This is my favorite depiction of the Hulk. Gerry Talaoc brought some great ink to Sal's work.

This Hulk could only exist in that time period where fantasy and sci-fi could blend. The Hulk looked as bestial as ever, truly making him a man-monster. He was a virtual knuckle-dragger and just by looking at him, you know he isn't a character to be taken lightly.

Just beautiful.
    Last edited by Marvel_Is; 07-01-2014 at 05:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Incredible Hulk (1999 2nd Series) #33, December 2001

cover by j.h. williams iii & mick gray christopher priest/jon bogdanove ? THE SCOOP: Run for your lives, it's the 100-Page Monster! ? THE STORY: Special guest star Queen Divine Justice (from BLACK PANTHER) renews her acquaintance with the green goliath! But in trying to halt the Hulk's destructive rampage across Wakanda, she'll create an even more perilous situation for the world! Plus: Not one, not two, but three more complete stories! First, an attempt to eliminate the Hulk using time travel backfires tragically on Bruce Banner (from INCREDIBLE HULK #204 by Len Wein & Herb Trimpe), then the challenge of the Crypto-Man leads to the death of the one the Hulk loves most (from INCREDIBLE HULK #205 by Len Wein & Sal Buscema), and finally the gray Hulk encounters a creature that calls into question the true nature of what makes one a monster (from INCREDIBLE HULK #335 by Peter David & John Higgins)! ? THE FORMAT: Yep, it's one new tale and three classic stories... for only a buck and a quarter more! 7-59606-04745-1-03311 (MarvelPG) 3.50 Cover price $3.50.

Preview:

Unfazed by it.

The Hulk isn't a 'sexy' character for most of these writers, so they treat him lightly. The only reason he's being used so much right now is because of movies. In these films he's treated like a muted dolt and in the comics he's treated the same way. For Marvel, it's more important for Banner to be the star.

This is my favorite depiction of the Hulk. Gerry Talaoc brought some great ink to Sal's work.

This Hulk could only exist in that time period where fantasy and sci-fi could blend. The Hulk looked as bestial as ever, truly making him a man-monster. He was a virtual knuckle-dragger and just by looking at him, you know he isn't a character to be taken lightly.

Just beautiful.
    But Hulk and Banner are one and the same. You can't have one without the other its what makes the two the icons they are. As to the art above I always like Hulk with beastial look.