Page 132 of 237 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I have a theory. I can see the scene opening with Banner lying within his coffin, underground. At first his form is still and motionless. Then, suddenly, Banner's eyes snap open and glow a vibrant emerald. The scene shifts to Banner and Hulk's psyche.

Banner and Hulk are having an argument. Banner simply wishes to remain dead, wanting not to return to life and allow peace to be brought to his friends/family and the entire world/universe. The Hulk, however, does not wish to remain dead, for he views it as weakness... and THE HULK is NEVER weak! And further more, being truly Immortal, the Hulk cannot die nor remain so for long.

And, besides, the Hulk wishes to exact some much-needed vengeance on the heroes who on countless times betrayed him and Banner. He wants justice. He wants to show all of them, show the entire Marvel Universe, that he is the God of Smash, the Sakaarson and the Worldbreaker, the Unstoppable Green Goliath, and the Strongest One There is!!!
    I would really love it if despite what the previews seem to hint at, Hulk was back fighting all three factions, and making a point to protect innocents. Just to rub it in.

It's not gonna happen, but still.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #214
    Cover Date: August 1977
    Sale Date: May 17th, 1977
    Writer/Editor: Len Wein
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Ernie Chang
    Letterer: John Costanza
    Colorist: Glynis Wein

“The Jack of Hearts is Wild!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: April Somers, Jim Wilson, Kropotkin the Great, General Ross, Clay Quartermain, Gaffer.
    Antagonist: Jack of Hearts.
    Synopsis: Fresh of his battle against the Quintronic Man, the Hulk revert backs to Bruce Banner. He and Jim Wilson head back to Banner’s apartment and are surprised to find its previous renter, Kropotkin the Great, rummaging thru the closet. A failed staged magician with more bluster in his vocabulary than actual tricks, Kropotkin threatens “violence” when April breaks up the party. She turns on Bruce and the stress of the argument triggers the change. Jim manages to shuffle the other two out before Banner leaps out the window and “THOOMS” his way thru NYC. Meanwhile, aboard the SHIELD Helli-carrier, we find Gaffer, Clay Quartermain and General Ross conferring about the container that was disovered in the ocean. A shadowy figure (who has a knack for talking to himself) starts making plans, more of which will be revealed next issue. Back in NYC, the Hulk is complaining about the lack of space the puny humans have in the city when he is attacked from behind by the Jack of Hearts. The next 8 pages is basically the Hulk and Jack thrashing each other, and Jack realizing he’s bitten off more than he can chew. The battle ends, with the assumption that the Hulk perished when the freighter exploded, leaving Jack of Hearts remorseful that it was “such a terrible waste.”

Commentary: Maybe it’s the nostalgia of this issue, but I love this and the next set of issues. Sal & Ernie are knocking it out of the park with the art. As much as Sal didn’t care for his inking, these issues are beautiful to look at and in the majority of Hulk fan-bases, are the peak of the mountain. The story is average and nothing special, but the action is a much-welcomed return to the savage power the Hulk is known for – unlike in #212.

BANNED

What the Hulk/Banner need is a writer who loves the character, knows the history/mythos/lore of the character, and wants to succeed in creating massive, epic, action-packed, intense, introspective stories. Basically, I'm thinking something along the lines of Donny Cates' Thanos or Doctor Strange.

BANNED

Cates and Ewing would be my top picks!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Cates and Ewing would be my top picks!
    I definitely want Donny Cates to write Hulk/Banner, especially given he loves the character and has stated to have a HUGE story in mind for when/if he's given a chance to depict the character.

BANNED

I definitely want Donny Cates to write Hulk/Banner, especially given he loves the character and has stated to have a HUGE story in mind for when/if he's given a chance to depict the character.
    Yeah, I loved when he answered my tweet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Yeah, I loved when he answered my tweet.
    Indeed.

If Marvel is smart, they'll give him the chance to write Hulk/Banner in the future. Pair him with a superb artist (Geoff Shaw, Paul Pelletier, etc.) and he may become one of the greats alongside the likes of Peter David, Greg Pak, Bill Mantlo, Roger Stern, Lein Wen and Stan Lee.

BANNED

how much interaction has Cho had with Skaar?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how much interaction has Cho had with Skaar?
    I don't think much of significance.

What the Hulk/Banner need is a writer who loves the character, knows the history/mythos/lore of the character, and wants to succeed in creating massive, epic, action-packed, intense, introspective stories. Basically, I'm thinking something along the lines of Donny Cates' Thanos or Doctor Strange.

Hulk always looks the coolest when he has his gladiator/WWH armor. I feel like it fits him perfectly.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Hulk always looks cool!

BANNED

4th video of Superman vs Hulk is up on YouTube. If you've watched the previous videos you know this guy does amazing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    4th video of Superman vs Hulk is up on YouTube. If you've watched the previous videos you know this guy does amazing work.
    These videos are pretty good and I'm glad we finally have another installment. I love how the creator captures the Hulk's rage and anger. Although Superman doing the attempting the space-life 3 times seems redundant. He should've learned after the first attempt.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!