Page 143 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3547
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Yes, it's kind of hard to imagine the Hulk as being pro-registration.
    Didn't the video game Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 sort of gave us an idea of what would have happen if Hulk was involved in Civil War ?

BANNED

I honestly don't know. I've never played it...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Echoing what Greenscar1990 said, I just want a good Hulk story. Whoever can write that.

I'd much rather an unknown, or less famous writer who has a great Hulk idea than a 'AAA' guy who is just going to churn out filler for a paycheck.

Look at Pak's original run. He wasn't some super famous writer, but he had a great passionate idea and he produced Planet Hulk, one of the all time greatest comic stories, bar none

A lot of people are upset a Pak for Chulk, but I'm not. I'm pretty sure they told him that Hulk was being replaced and either he could be the one to get paid to write the replacement or someone else would be.

Since his original Hulk run and because of that run Greg Pak has gotten the rep, but the passion just wasn't there and it shows.

That great passionate idea is what I want, I don't care who actually does the job as long as they do a good job.
    Yes! That's exactly it. The writer has to be passionate about Bruce Banner/Hulk. He has to want to do great things with the character, while also be familiar with the lore/mythos/history of the Green Goliath.

Of course, I agree on everything. And that's one of the reasons I'm excited if Ewing is really the writer: like Pak, he loves the character. I want writers, no matter whether they are big names, that don't like the character (Aaron, Waid, etc.) anywhere close to the Hulk.
    Indeed. If Al Ewing is the writer, let's hope he will deliver. He has the passion, that's for sure. Let's hope he also has knowledge about Banner/Hulk's rich history/lore/mythology. I do not care if the writer is famous or not (Waid & Aaron were big shots and both turned out to be HUGE mistakes for writing Hulk/Banner). All that matters is that they love the character.

Speaking of loving and possessing passion for the Hulk/Banner character, another writer who I'd love to see helm the Jade Juggernaut is Donny Cates. He's spoken often about how much he'd love to work on the Hulk/Bruce Banner, even stating to have a MASSIVE story saved back just in case he's ever given the opportunity.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Didn't the video game Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 sort of gave us an idea of what would have happen if Hulk was involved in Civil War ?
    IIRC since Hulk was a optional character you could unlock with hidden collectables, he didn't have a major presence in it but there was a neat voice file of a more savage Hulk (if he never gained intelligence from Skaar) perspective of his return to Earth and on the Civil War.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Yes! That's exactly it. The writer has to be passionate about Bruce Banner/Hulk. He has to want to do great things with the character, while also be familiar with the lore/mythos/history of the Green Goliath.

Indeed. If Al Ewing is the writer, let's hope he will deliver. He has the passion, that's for sure. Let's hope he also has knowledge about Banner/Hulk's rich history/lore/mythology. I do not care if the writer is famous or not (Waid & Aaron were big shots and both turned out to be HUGE mistakes for writing Hulk/Banner). All that matters is that they love the character.

Speaking of loving and possessing passion for the Hulk/Banner character, another writer who I'd love to see helm the Jade Juggernaut is Donny Cates. He's spoken often about how much he'd love to work on the Hulk/Bruce Banner, even stating to have a MASSIVE story saved back just in case he's ever given the opportunity.
    Agreed about Ewing and Cates: they're my favorite possible choices. My favorite impossible choice would be Geoff Johns, since he's crazy about the Hulk and has said multiple times that he would buy the Hulk and bring him to the DC, if he could.

BANNED

Agreed about Ewing and Cates: they're my favorite possible choices. My favorite impossible choice would be Geoff Johns, since he's crazy about the Hulk and has said multiple times that he would buy the Hulk and bring him to the DC, if he could.
    Cates and Ewing are definitely the best choices I've seen at Marvel Comics to helm an ongoing series featuring the mild-manner scientist Bruce Banner and his raging alter-ego The Incredible Hulk!

Yes, Geoff Johns would be a dream come true! At least he, along with Robert Venditti & Tony Daniel, have given DC a Hulk inspired powerhouse in the form of Damage. But, yeah, if only...

Al Ewing and Joe Bennett are the creative team for the Immortal Hulk. I'm pumped for this. I'm glad that he's back.
    https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-br...R-TW&view=list

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Al Ewing and Joe Bennett are the creative team for the Immortal Hulk. I'm pumped for this. I'm glad that he's back.
    Great creative team, great character, great concept. Most interesting book announced so far!

Astonishing Member

Looking forward to this.
    Looks like a great new creative team for the Hulk.

Mighty Member

Is the title some sort of clue as to how he came back?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Echoing what Greenscar1990 said, I just want a good Hulk story. Whoever can write that.

I'd much rather an unknown, or less famous writer who has a great Hulk idea than a 'AAA' guy who is just going to churn out filler for a paycheck.

Look at Pak's original run. He wasn't some super famous writer, but he had a great passionate idea and he produced Planet Hulk, one of the all time greatest comic stories, bar none

A lot of people are upset a Pak for Chulk, but I'm not. I'm pretty sure they told him that Hulk was being replaced and either he could be the one to get paid to write the replacement or someone else would be.

Since his original Hulk run and because of that run Greg Pak has gotten the rep, but the passion just wasn't there and it shows.

That great passionate idea is what I want, I don't care who actually does the job as long as they do a good job.
    To be fair the idea for Planet Hulk came from Joe Quesada. Pak was hired to flesh out the idea with worldbuilding.

BANNED

Woooo!!! Great creative team choice.

Fantastic Member

As far as dream teams go I'd like to see Joe Hill do an arc/ogn.

BANNED

In the spirit of “no baggage”, one thing that I’m very adamant about is having no crossovers if at all possible.
    I hope Marvel let Ewing stick to this. It's been such a shame to see some of his books (New Avengers being the most obvious) ruined by stupid tie-ins.

BANNED

So we're getting a gender-flipped version of Jack McGee? Now I'm curious, he was such a great character in the TV show.