Page 147 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3547
    Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    And personally, I believe Hulk will be seeking retribution from ALL of the Avengers, not just Hawkeye, as they have betrayed him countless times before. And prior to Banner being killed, they essentially all gathered, accused him of something he didn't do, and tried to take him in or even take him out.
    There is also Bruce himself making the arrow and pleading with Hawkeye to take that shot when the time came.

I'm looking forward to how Betty, Skaar, General Ross and everybody else will take the news that Bruce Banner/The Hulk is alive and angry as ever. It should prove to be very interesting. And we know the day/night transformation deal will not last forever, so I would not be surprised if we get the traditional transformation dynamic between Hulk/Banner back as the story progresses.
    That goes both ways for Jennifer Walters, who now has multiple Hulks. She just got her familiar green Sensational She-Hulk form back, but that doesn't mean her grey Savage Hulk has gone away. How will Bruce react to that? The curse finally affecting his cousin? And then there's Amadeus too. His Hulk is out of control. If Amadeus isn't depowered, Bruce's newfound immortality will be bad news for him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    There is also Bruce himself making the arrow and pleading with Hawkeye to take that shot when the time came.
    Hulk will be pissed though.

Also Bruce Banner is a crazy person. Hawkeye knows this. Maybe think a bit before helping out with his suicide plan.

BANNED

But the thing is... that was only if he would show signs of transforming into the Hulk, which there were none. In other words, Hawkeye murdered a Hulk-less Banner in cold blood and the Avengers and other heroes accused an innocent man of a crime that he didn't even commit. Not only should Banner be angry, he should be pissed.

But as angry as Banner would be, the Hulk would be infinitely more enraged and would be more than willing to take out his rage on the so-called heroes who betrayed him time and again. In my opinion, just like in World War Hulk, the heroes have this coming to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hulk will be pissed though.

Also Bruce Banner is a crazy person. Hawkeye knows this. Maybe think a bit before helping out with his suicide plan.
    Bruce was going steady working for SHIELD before Doc Green took over but yeah that was not a well written Hawkeye there or Bruce considering Totally Awesome Hulk at the the time.

But the thing is... that was only if he would show signs of transforming into the Hulk, which there were none. In other words, Hawkeye murdered a Hulk-less Banner in cold blood and the Avengers and other heroes accused an innocent man of a crime that he didn't even commit. Not only should Banner be angry, he should be pissed.

But as angry as Banner would be, the Hulk would be infinitely more enraged and would be more than willing to take out his rage on the so-called heroes who betrayed him time and again. In my opinion, just like in World War Hulk, the heroes have this coming to them.
    Agreed, I just feel that Banner is also on the Hulk's (now much longer) Smash list along with the other "Heroes" for enabling Hawkeye to be capable of that crime and basically saying he would rather die than let the Hulk live another second.

Maybe that's part of the reason Banner is just wandering and avoiding people this time around.

He doesn't want The Hulk to get let loose and go after any of the heroes or people the Hulk (or Banner subconsciously) might want to go after.

BANNED

Agreed, I just feel that Banner is also on the Hulk's (now much longer) Smash list along with the other "Heroes" for enabling Hawkeye to be capable of that crime and basically saying he would rather die than let the Hulk live another second.
    You make a great point. Hulk and Banner have been at one another's throats forever, despite having united or reconciled numerous times in the past. Plus, death would be see as a weakness to the Hulk. And as we know, the Hulk is never weak. To him, Death is like Banner: Weak.

Where as Hulk... HULK IS THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe that's part of the reason Banner is just wandering and avoiding people this time around.

He doesn't want The Hulk to get let loose and go after any of the heroes or people the Hulk (or Banner subconsciously) might want to go after.
    I could see Banner somehow repressing Hulk to only come out at night and then further lead/guide/trick the Hulk into focusing his rage elsewhere. If so, it will not work forever. Sooner or later, the Hulk will regain control and there will be nothing Banner or anyone will be able to do to stop him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It could be that!

Btw, Ewing's tumblr just got the coolest post so far:

https://alewing.tumblr.com/post/171554194040

BANNED

As Hulk fans: What was your take on the latest Avengers Animated series episode based on Secret Wars that centered on the Hulk and Banner dynamic on the show ?

While I'm glad to see the enthusiasm that Ewing has for Hulk, I don't know how to feel about the Hulk appearing at night. Does this mean the Hulk won't be showing up during the daylight hours at all? I like the Hulk but I'm not too familiar with his earliest appearances. When he was created was he only able to turn into the Hulk at night? If so, when did that change? Was there an in-story reason for this?

I also hope we get to see the Hulk smash! I like seeing the Hulk/Banner inner turmoil and all that emotional jazz, but I also really like seeing the Hulk tear things up. I really want Hulk to be the undisputed strongest one there is!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    While I'm glad to see the enthusiasm that Ewing has for Hulk, I don't know how to feel about the Hulk appearing at night. Does this mean the Hulk won't be showing up during the daylight hours at all? I like the Hulk but I'm not too familiar with his earliest appearances. When he was created was he only able to turn into the Hulk at night? If so, when did that change? Was there an in-story reason for this?

I also hope we get to see the Hulk smash! I like seeing the Hulk/Banner inner turmoil and all that emotional jazz, but I also really like seeing the Hulk tear things up. I really want Hulk to be the undisputed strongest one there is!
    I would assume for the time being yes.
    Yup, Bruce would have to change into the Hulk at night and the Hulk into Bruce when daylight dawned.
    It changed in the Incredible Hulk #3 when the Hulk is captured on a rocket General Ross was going to blast the green giant off into space. Hulk turns back into Banner and he is hit with cosmic radiation. This 2nd radiation absorption of unknown rays allows the Hulk to be present during the day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

Sensational C already explained it, but it's good to point out that Hulk also transformed only at night during the early parts of PAD's run, with the Gray Hulk.

Don't worry! I think we'll see everything that makes Hulk great in this run!

Btw, for some "fans" who only criticize (comparing this to BJ's run, for example), here's the answer from Ewing himself:

https://twitter.com/DanielRir6258/st...49131487989760

daniel r martin

@DanielRir6258
    @Al_Ewing Is your inspiration for writing the Hulk the Bruce Jones run back in the day?

@Al_Ewing
    @DanielRir6258
    Not really - I liked the early parts of that run, but this isn't that.

Fantastic Member

Later PAD tried to explain it away through psychological means.. that Banner was ashamed of his darker impulses and would shift personalities to reflect it limiting the change at night. When the moon was fuller, he was more in control, but when a new moon appeared the nastier and grumpy Fixit became.

Leader theorized it had something to do with the reflection of the sun or something if I remember correctly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Later PAD tried to explain it away through psychological means.. that Banner was ashamed of his darker impulses and would shift personalities to reflect it limiting the change at night. When the moon was fuller, he was more in control, but when a new moon appeared the nastier and grumpy Fixit became.

Leader theorized it had something to do with the reflection of the sun or something if I remember correctly.
    You're correct, Cth! In the full moon, there were more reflected sunlight, diminishing Hulk's influence over Banner. In a new moon, with less sunlight, his influence over Banner was at its fullest!

BANNED

Avengers #684 preview - The Immortal Hulk

And Mr. Ewing is already adding to the mythos, using continuity! I'm so pumped for this!

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-avenge...eye-hulk-kill/