Page 154 of 237 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3547

Comixlogy has a great day sale on some newly digital releases. One of them is Vol 6 of Marvel Masterpieces Incredible Hulk.
    Last edited by Anonymousmc; 04-05-2018 at 09:29 PM.

BANNED

Thanks for the heads up, Anonymous!

Halls of Hulk Twin Titan jaxthejester's Avatar

The new Hulk run is killing it. It's been a long time since I've waited anxiously for the next issue of my favorite Marvel brick. Happy days are here again!
    "Never Jest with a Jester"
    Former poster at Marvel.com.
    Founding member and Twin Titan of the Halls of Hulk.
    Come visit old Marvel.com posting buddies at "Mickeys Tavern"- the new home for the Halls of Hulk.
    To find us, Google: Mickeys Tavern Comics or follow the links in my profile.

Is there a place online where you can buy and read the current Hulk run? In real time (as of each comics release date and not weeks later)? Anyone who is in the know and can provide a link, it would be appreciated. My local comic shop is slacking.
    Come visit old Marvel.com posting buddies at "Mickeys Tavern"- the new home for the Halls of Hulk.

I just want to know: Who are some of your favorite Hulk villains? I feel like he has a really underrated rogues gallery.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I just want to know: Who are some of your favorite Hulk villains? I feel like he has a really underrated rogues gallery.
    Despite it feeling like everything and everyone in the entire Marvel Universe/Multiverse/Omniverse being antagonists for Hulk/Banner, I believe that Hulk/Banner need more antagonists in their rogues gallery. Some of his villains need to be updated/upgraded, or in some cases they need to be used more often. I can list a few subjects.

Lord Armageddon of the Troyjan Empire. A powerful warlord. A Silver Surfer/High-Herald level powerhouse. King of an entire advanced alien empire that has conquered worlds, solar systems and galaxies. And he has a deep vendetta against the Hulk for killing his son.

Yet, despite all of this, why isn't he utilized more often?

The U-Foes are another example of tragically underutilized antagonists. A powerful team of villains, each very unique and formidable. Yet how often have they battled against the Hulk in the last decade or so? In fact, I believe the last time they've even fought against the Hulk was in PAD's run.

And let's not forget about the Maestro. Here is a being who in every sense should be the ultimate villain for Bruce Banner/Hulk. A conqueror of worlds, galaxies, and universes/timelines. All the Hulk's abilities and power, only far greater & enhanced. An intellect superior to Banner's own. And none of the morality.

Yet look how poorly he has been treated. The only respect Maestro has gotten is in the Contest of Champions & Avengers Academy games, where his power and potential is actually utilized but is sadly nonexistent in the comics due to nobody actually taking the time to do anything with him. At minimum he should be a villain on par with the likes of Thanos & Doctor Doom.

Abomination is in major need of an upgrade in terms of power and character depth. If I had it my way, I'd keep him at the increased power level he was during Chaos War, complete with hellfire. And as an added bonus for when the Hulk would overcome him? He'd be merged with the powerful demonic entity known as... ZOM!

The Leader is at his best when he is trying to defeat Hulk/Banner in their chess-like game of 'Brain Vs. Brawn'. It's one of the things that made all of their previous conflicts so interesting and engaging. If the Leader is to be used, it must be in an ingenious and large-scale story. Have him create armies of giant monsters, giant robots, and planetary/galactic devastating weapons. And, personally, have him reform the Intelligencia with MODOK, High Evolutionary, Zero/One and Dr. Alba.

I've got more ideas for antagonists for Hulk/Banner's rogues gallery, but I'll leave it off here in this post and return to the topic again in another.

I think it would be cool if the brought back Agamemnon. I think the Leader and Thunderbolt Ross are always two that should always be around lingering some where. I agree that both Lord Armagedeon and especially the U-foes are greatly underutilized. I think one that they need to give a rest is Maestro. He's lost is end of the world threat because of overuse in books like Old Man Logan and Contest imo. Red King and Sakarians should also make a return (and even Caeira and Skarr). I would say Fing Fang Foom but he's another I feel like has lost his end of the world threat due to overuse and also people forget the full extent of his power (shape-shifter), he should be used more a as a schemer behind the scenes and utilized in dragon form at the climax of the plot. I'd also like to see him up against more cosmic threats like Annihilus.

For favorite classic villains; I'd say Zzax, Absorbing Man, Sandman, Wendigo, Leader, Thunderbolt Ross (now Red Hulk); with the #1 spot going to The Juggernaut. Love it when they fight.

But there are far more that I would like to see Hulk face. Some he's fought limited times in the past, but none are regular villain returns: Squadron Supreme (Hyperion in particular), Gladiator, Apocalypse, High Evolutionary, Captain Universe, Black Bolt, Ultron, Mangog, Beta Ray Bill, Blue Marvel, Terrax... there are a lot more, but those are off the top of my head.

I'd like to see the Hulk finally get revenge on Nightmare for all of his menacing humanity (and Hulk) over the years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    I think it would be cool if the brought back Agamemnon. I think the Leader and Thunderbolt Ross are always two that should always be around lingering some where. I agree that both Lord Armagedeon and especially the U-foes are greatly underutilized. I think one that they need to give a rest is Maestro. He's lost is end of the world threat because of overuse in books like Old Man Logan and Contest imo. Red King and Sakarians should also make a return (and even Caeira and Skarr). I would say Fing Fang Foom but he's another I feel like has lost his end of the world threat due to overuse and also people forget the full extent of his power (shape-shifter), he should be used more a as a schemer behind the scenes and utilized in dragon form at the climax of the plot. I'd also like to see him up against more cosmic threats like Annihilus.
    I hated how the Maestro was used in the Old Man Logan story arc. No way is Wolverine, in any form, a threat to the Hulk. He's nothing but a ragdoll to be pummeled. And while I enjoyed a good bit of the Maestro in Contest of Champions, the series didn't live up to it's infinite potential.

What I hate most is how they made the Maestro incompetent, which is moronic considering his intelligence is that of Banner's only greater due to the centuries that have passed. In concept and execution, Maestro should be the ultimate enemy, the Hulk at his most powerful and Banner at his most intelligent. Think of someone on par with King Thanos in Cates' THANOS WINS or Dr. Doom in Hickman's FF/SECRET WARS.

Now when it comes to Fin Fang Foom, I think it'd be awesome if Hulk were to travel to FFF's homeworld and fight hordes of these giant dragon monsters. Could you imagine how cool it'd be to see that? And for the final battle, Hulk takes on the king of Fin Fang Foom's race, who is a mountain-sized dragon of immense size and power.

I believe Skaar and the Warbound will return in due time, but Caiera will sadly remain deceased. Unless, of course, we get a story where Galactus resurrects her and makes Caiera his herald or something along those lines. That'd be pretty cool IMHO. And, yes, I agree that Hulk/Banner need to face off against more powerful cosmic and mystical threats & beings.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxthejester View Post
    For favorite classic villains; I'd say Zzax, Absorbing Man, Sandman, Wendigo, Leader, Thunderbolt Ross (now Red Hulk); with the #1 spot going to The Juggernaut. Love it when they fight.

But there are far more that I would like to see Hulk face. Some he's fought limited times in the past, but none are regular villain returns: Squadron Supreme (Hyperion in particular), Gladiator, Apocalypse, High Evolutionary, Captain Universe, Black Bolt, Ultron, Mangog, Beta Ray Bill, Blue Marvel, Terrax... there are a lot more, but those are off the top of my head.
    Great choices, Jax! I'll have to submit my list of favorite Hulk enemies and give my thoughts on existing beings who I would love to see Hulk battle against as well as state on what new antagonists/threats I'd like to see.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Despite it feeling like everything and everyone in the entire Marvel Universe/Multiverse/Omniverse being antagonists for Hulk/Banner, I believe that Hulk/Banner need more antagonists in their rogues gallery. Some of his villains need to be updated/upgraded, or in some cases they need to be used more often. I can list a few subjects.

Lord Armageddon of the Troyjan Empire. A powerful warlord. A Silver Surfer/High-Herald level powerhouse. King of an entire advanced alien empire that has conquered worlds, solar systems and galaxies. And he has a deep vendetta against the Hulk for killing his son.
    Armageddon...

BANNED

Favorite Banner/Hulk Antagonists:

Leader
    Abomination
    The Maestro
    Juggernaut
    Lord Armageddon
    Xemnu
    Trauma
    Wendigo
    M.O.D.O.K
    Red Hulk/General Ross
    The U-Foes
    Nightmare
    Galaxy Master
    Hiro-Kala
    Bi-Beast
    Fin Fang Foom
    High Evolutionary
    Zzax
    Devil Hulk

Antagonists that I'd like to see Banner/Hulk battle:

Ego the Living Planet
    Mangog
    The Black Order
    The Lethal Legion
    Surtur, Sindr, and the Demons of Muspelheim
    Hela
    Hades/Pluto
    Mephisto
    Ymir, King Laufey and the Frost Giants
    Malekith and the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim
    Umar the Unrelenting
    Tutinax and the Deviants
    The Dread Dormammu
    Typhon and the Titans
    Thanos
    Doctor Doom
    Gladiator and the Shi'ar Imperial Guard
    The Eternals
    The Celestials
    The Proemial Gods
    The Aspirants
    Galactus
    Tyrant
    Roxxon and Dario Agger
    Zom
    The Fallen One
    The Void

Banner/Hulk Antagonists who Need to be Utilized More:

Lord Armageddon
    The U-Foes
    The Maestro
    Xemnu the Titan
    Galaxy Master
    Hiro-Kala
    Juggernaut
    M.O.D.O.K.
    High Evolutionary
    Devil Hulk
    Zzax
    Nightmare
    Gammon
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 04-09-2018 at 12:09 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jaxthejester View Post
    Is there a place online where you can buy and read the current Hulk run? In real time (as of each comics release date and not weeks later)? Anyone who is in the know and can provide a link, it would be appreciated. My local comic shop is slacking.
    Hey, Jax! You can buy the current Avengers arc (No Surrender) and, of course, the upcoming Immortal Hulk title in comixology.com.
    He definitely does! I agree with a lot of what has been said here: I see a lot of the MU as Hulk's antagonists.

All the classics are great (Leader, Abomination, U-Foes,ZZaxx...), but I do love when the Hulk fights monsters like Wendigo, Juggernaut, Maestro, Mr. Hyde, and I would bring back some classics: the Glob and the Missing Link!

Also, Armageddon, Madman and the Intelligencia must come back!

Quote Originally Posted by madeforTV View Post
    Armageddon...

Wow, what a great picture!

I was going to ask what is the current mental state of the Hulk and where is his strength level at present? I know a number of times in the past he was at ubber angry mode with increased strength. Some say Warbound Hulk was the meanest, baddest strongest Hulk to date. What about this Armageddon Hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Favorite Banner/Hulk Antagonists:

Leader
    Abomination
    The Maestro
    Juggernaut
    Lord Armageddon
    Xemnu
    Trauma
    Wendigo
    M.O.D.O.K
    Red Hulk/General Ross
    The U-Foes
    Nightmare
    Galaxy Master
    Hiro-Kala
    Bi-Beast
    Fin Fang Foom
    High Evolutionary
    Zzax
    Devil Hulk

Antagonists that I'd like to see Banner/Hulk battle:

Ego the Living Planet
    Mangog
    The Black Order
    The Lethal Legion
    Surtur, Sindr, and the Demons of Muspelheim
    Hela
    Hades/Pluto
    Mephisto
    Ymir, King Laufey and the Frost Giants
    Malekith and the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim
    Umar the Unrelenting
    Tutinax and the Deviants
    The Dread Dormammu
    Typhon and the Titans
    Thanos
    Doctor Doom
    Gladiator and the Shi'ar Imperial Guard
    The Eternals
    The Celestials
    The Proemial Gods
    The Aspirants
    Galactus
    Tyrant
    Roxxon and Dario Agger
    Zom
    The Fallen One
    The Void

Banner/Hulk Antagonists who Need to be Utilized More:

Lord Armageddon
    The U-Foes

The Maestro
    Xemnu the Titan
    Galaxy Master
    Hiro-Kala
    Juggernaut
    M.O.D.O.K.
    High Evolutionary
    Devil Hulk
    Zzax
    Nightmare
    Gammon
    I feel like we always get teased with a true Hulk and Thanos fight but it never happens. I think someone needs to have the gall to do it already. You could easily tie-in a Hulk story with the Eternals and some how Thanos gets involved. You already know that I think U-Foes and Lord Armageddon are greatly underutilized. You could easily write a story about Lord Armageddon invading Sakaar and they've kidnapped Skaar (and maybe resurrection of Caeira some where in there fighting off their forces) and cliff hanger to where Hiro Kala is working with Armageddon.