Page 155 of 237 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3547
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wow, what a great picture!

I was going to ask what is the current mental state of the Hulk and where is his strength level at present? I know a number of times in the past he was at ubber angry mode with increased strength. Some say Warbound Hulk was the meanest, baddest strongest Hulk to date. What about this Armageddon Hulk?
    From what we've seen,and from what Al Ewing has said so far, this is a "new" Hulk (in the sense Ewing isn't trying to copy anyone). He has similarities with the original Hulk, from the Incredible Hulk 1-6, but He's definitely smarter. We'll certainly have a better idea about him in Immortal Hulk, but, from Ewing's words,He'll play him like the dark side of Banner and will be unpredictable.

Well, We've seen wreck the Avengers without much problem, overpowering hercules and thor together, so his strength level is huge (not surprising for the Hulk). I'd say it's around World War Hulk (Green Scar), and, when angry, it will go to insane levels ( I believe he's gonna need it when facing the new threat Ewing is introducing).

Oh, the above Hulk is the Worldbreaker: the Hulk let loose,not limiting his rage and strength anymore. It's so powerful it could destroy a planet like Earth without much problem.

BANNED

A few bits concerning Immortal Hulk!

Al Ewing and Joe Bennet’s new run on The Immortal Hulk was next to take the spotlight. “He is the monster who hunts monsters,” Brevoort said. “It’s not really a superhero book. It’s more a horror fiction book. Even the Marvel Universe stuff that appears there will be seen through that lens. I think it’s going to be a really cool sleeper book.”

https://www.cbr.com/c2e2-2018-marvel...g-thing-panel/

Tom calls Immortal Hulk a "horror fiction" book.

04/06/2018 15:44
    Chris Arrant
    Brevoort said the mechanism for Hulk's return is connected to the unrevealed monster Hulk will be tracking in the first arc.

04/06/2018 15:44
    Chris Arrant
    "Bruce finds out the Hulk can't die. And there's no release from this 'curse,' so he's trying to find some positive out of it - becoming a monster who hunts monsters."

04/06/2018 15:43
    Chris Arrant
    Next up they're disccuing the Immortal Hulk by Al Ewingi and Joe Bennett... and well, the returning Bruce Banner/Hulk.

https://www.newsarama.com/39290-c2e2...ing-panel.html

BANNED

And Ewing's remarks about the above:

So I hear there's a new IMMORTAL HULK tagline circulating - "The Monster Who Hunts Monsters" - from the Next Big Thing panel at C2E2.

That's accurate. There are monsters out there, and Bruce Banner is walking the world and seeking them out. But let's not forget...

"Is he man or monster, or is he both?" That's the question that's always lurking in this book. Bruce isn't just a monster looking for monsters. He's a person looking for people - and that line can blur in ways that might not be easy or comfortable, for us or for him.

Anyway - some relevant words from the first issue.

"There are two people in every mirror. There's the one you can see. And there's the other one."

"The one you don't want to."

I'll see you all in June.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/983350111521656832
    https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/983350656294629376
    https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/983352057854939138

Thanks for the answers, Dr Banner!

Could you please tell me in which issues Hulk over-powered the Avengers, specifically Thor and Hercules? I would really like to see that!

Avengers #685-686. He destroyed half the U.S.Avengers team and beat up several other Avengers, including Jane and Herc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Thanks for the answers, Dr Banner!

Could you please tell me in which issues Hulk over-powered the Avengers, specifically Thor and Hercules? I would really like to see that!
    You're welcome, Phoenixx9.

Just read Avengers (No Surrender) #684 - #686. It's a hell of a rampage, fitting for someone who's really the strongest one there is.

Also, #684 has an extra 10 page story, by the upcoming Immortal Hulk team (Ewing and Joe Bennett), whic perfectly sets the status quo for the new ongoing!

I hope the Hulk gets to fight Thanos in the comics with his expanded power set.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope the Hulk gets to fight Thanos in the comics with his expanded power set.
    It could be great if a writer (not current Starlin) like Donny Cates would do it, since he has immense respect for both characters!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    I feel like we always get teased with a true Hulk and Thanos fight but it never happens. I think someone needs to have the gall to do it already. You could easily tie-in a Hulk story with the Eternals and some how Thanos gets involved. You already know that I think U-Foes and Lord Armageddon are greatly underutilized. You could easily write a story about Lord Armageddon invading Sakaar and they've kidnapped Skaar (and maybe resurrection of Caeira some where in there fighting off their forces) and cliff hanger to where Hiro Kala is working with Armageddon.
    Yeah, that Hulk/Thanos conflict has alluded us fans for a very long time. If it would happen, I think it should be done by someone who loves both characters, like Donny Cates (but certainly not Jim Starlin). I'd love a Hulk/Thanos story that involved the Eternals.

Lord Armageddon and Hiro-Kala working together? Scary thought to be honest, but it would be very interesting. I also had the idea of Lord Armageddon targeting Skaar, especially now that he's been stripped of his HULK heritage. That'd definitely cause Hulk/Banner to take action. Maybe Armageddon could use Skaar and his Old Power as some kind of planet-killing/consuming weapon to siphon away the Old Power from planets and use the infinitely powerful energies to lay waste to countless galaxies in the universe.

I'm not sure I want Caiera simply resurrected with Sakaar out of nowhere. It feels cheap. I'd prefer if Hulk were to set out in some kind of rage-filled vendetta against Galactus and fights him. Then, in the end, Galactus the Lifebringer resurrects Caiera the Oldstrong and makes her his new herald. We get a sad/touching reunion with Caiera & Hulk, but she must leave to serve her master Galactus for the good of everything in the Omniverse, but promises to return for her beloved Holku, knowing that he will still be alive when the entire omniverse that exists ends and another begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    It could be great if a writer (not current Starlin) like Donny Cates would do it, since he has immense respect for both characters!
    Yeah, Donny Cates would probably be one of the few writers, along with Geoff Johns and a few others, who could pull off a Thanos/Hulk battle that'd give massive respect to both characters. He even said he'd love for Hulk and Thanos to have a team up, which would also be pretty cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Yeah, that Hulk/Thanos conflict has alluded us fans for a very long time. If it would happen, I think it should be done by someone who loves both characters, like Donny Cates (but certainly not Jim Starlin). I'd love a Hulk/Thanos story that involved the Eternals.

Lord Armageddon and Hiro-Kala working together? Scary thought to be honest, but it would be very interesting. I also had the idea of Lord Armageddon targeting Skaar, especially now that he's been stripped of his HULK heritage. That'd definitely cause Hulk/Banner to take action. Maybe Armageddon could use Skaar and his Old Power as some kind of planet-killing/consuming weapon to siphon away the Old Power from planets and use the infinitely powerful energies to lay waste to countless galaxies in the universe.

I'm not sure I want Caiera simply resurrected with Sakaar out of nowhere. It feels cheap. I'd prefer if Hulk were to set out in some kind of rage-filled vendetta against Galactus and fights him. Then, in the end, Galactus the Lifebringer resurrects Caiera the Oldstrong and makes her his new herald. We get a sad/touching reunion with Caiera & Hulk, but she must leave to serve her master Galactus for the good of everything in the Omniverse, but promises to return for her beloved Holku, knowing that he will still be alive when the entire omniverse that exists ends and another begins.

Yeah, Donny Cates would probably be one of the few writers, along with Geoff Johns and a few others, who could pull off a Thanos/Hulk battle that'd give massive respect to both characters. He even said he'd love for Hulk and Thanos to have a team up, which would also be pretty cool.
    Really? That would be so cool!

Yeah, current Hulk showing his degree of perception and smarts is plausible since Thanos only listens to good, sensical and smart arguments.

If Hulk remains as he is now, it could work.

So, to stress the point that this is the "immortal" Hulk, will Banner be "dying" in each story arc to trigger a Hulk transformation? Is that where this is going? If so, it's a rather extreme plot device.

Sidebar: I really hope that there are no encounters with Weapon H. I'm not really onboard with that concept.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So, to stress the point that this is the "immortal" Hulk, will Banner be "dying" in each story arc to trigger a Hulk transformation? Is that where this is going? If so, it's a rather extreme plot device.
    No, this not what has been said at all. It simply means Banner can die, Hulk can't. It doesn't matter if Banner dies, Hulk will rise again at night.

Ewing will be obviously exploring the implications of that ability and where it comes from (the Green Door).
    Last edited by Dr. Banner; 04-10-2018 at 10:34 AM.

BANNED

Wrong post.

Amazing Member

What about this Armageddon Hulk?
    Sorry to confuse! That wasn't "Armageddon Hulk." Armageddon is the cosmic-level Hulk foe mentioned earlier. That cosmic-level foe is the pile of mush at the feet of this particular Hulk, which is a Worldbreaker incarnation. There is no "Armageddon Hulk" as far as I know.