Page 161 of 237 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    More evidence that it is not fear of Thanos that is causing Hulk to remain within Banner.

https://movieweb.com/avengers-infini...-fight-thanos/
    In Thor:Ragnarok Hulk said that Earth hates him, so maybe he is refusing to defend the Earth.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Thanos and Hulk being my two favorite characters in all fiction, the fight scene in Infinity War took me through every emotion lol. In my Thanos appreciation thread, I brought up the point that thanos had the power stone at the time and it's sparked a debate on whether or not it affected the fight. I think the outcome is ok, with Thanos shown as the more technical fighter, but Thanos easily pulling hulks hand off of his neck seems suspicious. No one should over power the hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    More evidence that it is not fear of Thanos that is causing Hulk to remain within Banner.

https://movieweb.com/avengers-infini...-fight-thanos/
    It may not have been fear, but still after a fight like that one would think that the Hulk would want some form of payback towards the end of the film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    It may not have been fear, but still after a fight like that one would think that the Hulk would want some form of payback towards the end of the film.
    It may be the end of the film but it's not the end of the story. We'll see Hulk vs Thanos, Round 2, in the conclusion of Infinity War.

Quote from an interview by one of the Russo brothers

I think people have interpreted it as Hulk's scared. I mean, certainly, that's not a -- I don't know that the Hulk is ever... he's had his ass kicked before, and he loves a good fight. But I think that it's really reflective of the journey from Ragnarok. Is that these two characters are constantly in conflict with each other over control. And I think that if the Hulk were to say why, it'd be [that] Banner only wants Hulk for fighting. I think he's had enough of saving Banner's ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It may be the end of the film but it's not the end of the story. We'll see Hulk vs Thanos, Round 2, in the conclusion of Infinity War.
    Yeah. And the Hulk we'll get may be very different from the one we got so far.

I so ashamed with this Hulk solution than they give to him. The Hulk than is not the Hulk, is just the own Banner. I ask if this people known about this incarnations. The Hulk must be a different person than Banner. When he was beat by Thanos there no reason for that. This is a savage Hulk, a classic version from the comics, yes he talk like a child, but he is get stronger when necessary. And where is in this movie? Just in 2019 with a new Hulk emerge from this Banner? Get real, they try to built a version of the Hulk than never exist. A version of this Banner who act like a dumb person, a real loser. This guy, Mark Ruffalo show for everybody the worst acting than i even see in my life.

They simple kill the Hulk, little by little.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    I so ashamed with this Hulk solution than they give to him. The Hulk than is not the Hulk, is just the own Banner. I ask if this people known about this incarnations. The Hulk must be a different person than Banner. When he was beat by Thanos there no reason for that. This is a savage Hulk, a classic version from the comics, yes he talk like a child, but he is get stronger when necessary. And where is in this movie? Just in 2019 with a new Hulk emerge from this Banner? Get real, they try to built a version of the Hulk than never exist. A version of this Banner who act like a dumb person, a real loser. This guy, Mark Ruffalo show for everybody the worst acting than i even see in my life.

You have to realize that the movies are something of a different playing field; they do not equate to the comics. The characters in the movies are quite a bit more limited. Thanos had 5 of the Infinity Gems yet he seemed to struggle at times (throwing pieces of the moon at the heroes, for example); that is nothing like how things work in the comics. The movie characters are simply not on the same level as the comic characters. To enjoy the movies, one has to be able to enjoy the struggle of the characters (which will be far greater than their struggle in the comics), not just the feats.

Ruffalo, I think, is a good actor for Banner and does well with what he is given. As several people have noted, there is more going on in the Hulk/Banner movie dynamic than what has been shown thus far. We need to await the conclusion to see exactly what the end game is. As the interview stated, Hulk "got his butt kicked" by Thanos early on. So did Thor. Thor bounced back in a big way; so will the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    You have to realize that the movies are something of a different playing field; they do not equate to the comics. The characters in the movies are quite a bit more limited. Thanos had 5 of the Infinity Gems yet he seemed to struggle at times (throwing pieces of the moon at the heroes, for example); that is nothing like how things work in the comics. The movie characters are simply not on the same level as the comic characters. To enjoy the movies, one has to be able to enjoy the struggle of the characters (which will be far greater than their struggle in the comics), not just the feats.

Ruffalo, I think, is a good actor for Banner and does well with what he is given. As several people have noted, there is more going on in the Hulk/Banner movie dynamic than what has been shown thus far. We need to await the conclusion to see exactly what the end game is. As the interview stated, Hulk "got his butt kicked" by Thanos early on. So did Thor. Thor bounced back in a big way; so will the Hulk.
    When i start to known about the Hulk, this going from the television series. I known in the time than this Hulk is different from the comics. Bur even in this television series they never show the Hulk afraid or running from the fight. These Marvel movies, show, since de beginning, a Hulk than, at the same time, he was more human (2008) and close to the comics (2003 and 2012), and now he just a copy by himself. What's the purpose? Since Avengers 2 they screw up with this character, making he's losing by Hulkbuster and the other thing than embarrassment the fans, the readers, or people who want known about the true essence of this character. Now when i see the Hulk i see this actor acting like, whatever, is so dumb. Hulk must be different from Banner. The war in Wakanda the Hulk simple torn the Hulkbuster apart and hidden the Banner himself for he not get a chance to return. We see hours of movie when Hulk simple disappear and in your place a funny Banner? What? This is not funny.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Ill say that Hulk / Banner was my least favorite part of Infinity War. i dont like Hulk going into hiding but i somewhat understand it. HULK is always somehow written out of events because hes so powerful, and im willing to sacrifice this movie if he has a big important return in the sequel/finish.

My main problem is Banner. He seemed just dumb and awkward. The acting was pretty bad, he seemed to have a strange accent all of a sudden and he wasnt portayed as intelligent at all. Arguably one of the top 3 most intelligent characters in the MARVEL universe looked like an idiot when speaking to Shuri. "Uhhh... we didnt think of it?" Oh c'mon.

They also double down on the Hulkbuster beating Hulk. "This thing already kicked the crap outta the Hulk!" ��
    Last edited by AnimalSquabbles; 05-10-2018 at 07:51 PM.

This Hulk is limited power, but they make him a coward, too. Ridiculous, he sounds like this own Banner (scared and dumb). This guy is a scientist, he known how this Hulkbuster works, and he use and acting like a totally wasted idiot. We have a two big problems: this Banner idiot and this coward Hulk. I not expect nothing good about the Hulk coming with two brothers, in my view they ruined more than ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post

A stan post if I ever seen one.

Hulk fans In general, and at large really, have little reason to cry character assasination In the various appearances across media.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    Ill say that Hulk / Banner was my least favorite part of Infinity War. i dont like Hulk going into hiding but i somewhat understand it. HULK is always somehow written out of events because hes so powerful, and im willing to sacrifice this movie if he has a big important return in the sequel/finish.

My main problem is Banner. He seemed just dumb and awkward. The acting was pretty bad, he seemed to have a strange accent all of a sudden and he wasnt portayed as intelligent at all. Arguably one of the top 3 most intelligent characters in the MARVEL universe looked like an idiot when speaking to Shuri. "Uhhh... we didnt think of it?" Oh c'mon.
    I can certainly see how Banner's portrayal is annoying. Given his intelligence, he should have been more helpful before donning the HulkBuster armor. But I also think that was almost necessitated by the number of characters in the movie. Banner got as much or more screen time as, for example, the Black Widow or Cap. Was it quality? No, mainly it was him and Hulk having their own inner battle. We'll see if he has better representation in the next movie.

They also double down on the Hulkbuster beating Hulk. "This thing already kicked the crap outta the Hulk!" ��
    Yeah, the movies seem to really elevate Iron Man over the typical powerhouses (Thor and the Hulk). They're big on science being "all that", I guess.

BANNED

Hmm... From the leaks about Avengers 4, and they're pretty consistent with each other, Hulk fans have nothing to worry about him in A4!

BANNED

EXCLUSIVE: Al Ewing Breaks Down Our Immortal Hulk #1 Preview

https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-1-...ng-commentary/

This is going to be amazing. The storytelling from Bennett's art alone is impressive!