Page 164 of 237 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    for it is well known that the puny humans fear what they cannot understand nor control.
    This is such an X-Men line.

I wonder why Hulk hasn't joined the X-Men permanently. He has more in common with them than he ever did with the Avengers.

Hulk (and Pym) should just join and champion the mutant cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post

I wonder why Hulk hasn't joined the X-Men permanently. He has more in common with them than he ever did with the Avengers.

Hulk's better off alone. The original reason he was on the Avengers was so that he could leave the Avengers.

Also the X-Men are generally a metaphor for an outcast group or minority. Hulk isn't.

Hulk is the eternal loner. He's a misfit, an anomaly, he doesn't fit in even with the outcasts.

Why the Hulk hasn't joined the X-Men permanently? Easy the X-Men are afraid he will wreck the X-Mansion

Last edited by Hush; 05-17-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Hulk without Banner hasn't been evil. Nor in all the occasions where the two were separated was he nothing but a monster or a raging behemoth. During John Byrne's run there was none of Banner or Hulk's persona within his mind, thus why he was a raging monster. Another example is when Banner & Hulk were separated after their clash with Onslaught, the Hulk was Gravage-like in personality and cold, but he wasn't a monster. I could list a few other prime examples, but I'll leave it at that.

The Hulk has always been immortal. The series doesn't have to be in the horror genre to focus or involve that particular aspect of the character. It's been shown many times throughout the years on many occasions. Al Ewing has stated that Hulk is the Monster Who Hunts Monsters, but he also is bringing up the question in regards to Banner/Hulk as to whether they're man or monster... or both.

Hulk smashing and fighting is an important aspect of the character. Always has been and always will be. And since you're quick to bring up his fight against Grandmaster Prime, you should know that he is an Elder of Universe with immense power. His presence alone on Earth caused natural disasters to happen over the entire planet. In other words, his power levels were off the charts. And the Hulk was the only one who could physically hurt him and draw blood, something that not even all the teams of heroes could accomplish.

Grandmaster Prime was easily swatting all the Avengers aside like gnats. If not for all the Avengers summoning all of their power through the all the ages with a vastly powerful mystical assault, they would have been killed and Grandmaster Prime would have shattered Earth into space debris. The only time he used his full, true power was against the Hulk and then resorted to removing the Green Goliath from the battlefield. Scary thing being that, despite all the power Grandmaster Prime has and unleashed, the Hulk laughed off his most powerful shot like it was nothing, as if it only tickled him.

That, combined with how easily Hulk tore through and bulldozed the most formidable of Avengers with ease, displays how powerful this particular incarnation of the Hulk is.

Fans pick up and read Hulk comics for great stories, great characters, intense action, intriguing drama, thrilling suspense, massive villains/threats, emotional stakes and tons of smashing. If none of these aspects are in a Hulk story, then it's gonna be disappointing. Ground Zero, Future Imperfect, Planet Hulk, World War Hulk, etc. All of these stories have those aspects, which is why they're considered among the all-time greatest Hulk/Banner stories.
    Don't you see that is exactly they want to do? Running of the conventional style, they want put the Hulk in this same level (like you watching a horror movie). Don't your read the interview when the writer explains this? Even in the first issues content stories about exorcisms, supernatural forces. And they told for the fans than this Hulk is petty scary, evil, malevolent. Even in Peter David content this aspects, the transformations and other things. They known about the television series, they known how this is important. The own Joe Bennett says that smash is not work without a good story. The "smash" is not important in this new run, obvious he fight against Sasquatch and the others characters, but before this happen we see a horror than Banner become. Ok, you have your opinion about smash, but in my opinion is sad known the Hulk by this. When i was a kid i just follow the good stories, since the first issues by Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema, and i have this television series from the 70's/80's. People see Lou Ferrigno and have a nightmares. Did you see the previews of this new run? Don't you recognize one of this new characters based from the tv series? The whole world loves the Incredible Hulk from tv. The show presents a realistic stories, dramatic, and not only smash. When Stan Lee created the Hulk the own Stan think how stupid and silly Hulk talking like "i'am the Hulk, Hulk is stronger, Hulk smash". Think how silly this was if they make a tv series with the Hulk talking in this level? And what we see in today? Movies of CGI version than the Hulk talk and presents another character not that malevolent creature from the first stories. When i read No Surrender, i start to quit when the Hulk smash the avengers, and talk in the wrong hour, when he must be a raging monster. And then Ewing show a great dialogue between Banner and Jarvis. Did you see the difference? The dialogue prove is more interesting than the smash. And yes, without Banner the Hulk is just a monster, he kill many people before banished from the crossroads, kill again in first Byrne run, and again in second Byrne run. The things changed when his human side appear, without this the Hulk is a pure destruction, a raging monster, and evil too (Grey Hulk/Gravage Hulk).
    Last edited by Hulkboy; 05-17-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Why the Hulk hasn't joined the X-Men permanently? Easy the X-Men are afraid he will wreck the X-Mansion

LOL!

He won't break the mansion. What's the problem?

And even if they do, they will fix it like they always do.

Breaking the mansion is an old meme at this point, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hulk is the eternal loner. He's a misfit, an anomaly, he doesn't fit in even with the outcasts.
    I've heard the same about Wolverine. But then again, Wolverine and the Hulk have a lot of similarities to bond over when they aren't trying to kill each other :P

O quit to follow the Hulk in this Apocalypse period draw by Adam Kubert. Well, after the Fall of the Pantheon i leave the Hulk for a long time. I back when Betty Ross died and the second Byrne run. But in my opinion this run is not worst than the Greg Pak post-World War Hulk.

LOL!

He won't break the mansion. What's the problem?

And even if they do, they will fix it like they always do.

Breaking the mansion is an old meme at this point, LOL!

In the end he did wreck the mansion lol. This Hulk wasn't really himself, it was just after the Onslaught event when he was separated from Banner and he also had a piece of shrapnel in his head (from Incredible Hulk 453) making him more angry and violent than usual.

But yeah breaking the mansion might have been a big deal in the past but now it's really an old meme lol.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I've heard the same about Wolverine. But then again, Wolverine and the Hulk have a lot of similarities to bond over when they aren't trying to kill each other :P
    So true !

Last edited by Hush; 05-18-2018 at 07:45 AM.

I refuse to talk about The Infinity Gauntlet. I never like! And this Merged Hulk was cool in the 90's, but nothing more than that. In my opinion the best Marvel event of comics was Scret Wars by Jim Shooter. The Hulk Banner lost himself and for the next he turn into a mindless creature, awesome!

586d0acd1bec74799788cf9ba4b28ef9._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    Last edited by Hulkboy; 05-18-2018 at 01:56 PM.

BANNED

IMMORTAL HULK #1 - Dale Keown Variants

Never like the Keown art, how he drawn the characters, specially Hulk sounds too much weird for me. His Banner looks like a butt face or something. And this second variant is so horrible! C'mon, look at this hair style!

I see a lots of people thumbs up by Keown, but i never understand the reason. He is not Buscema, Weeks, Trimpe, Romita Jr. or these artists who make Hulk history. He just a guy who drawn character in a weirdo style.

Did the gray Hulk ever get the chance to fight the Juggernaut? Just wondering.

[QUOTE=GreenScar1990;3673777]IMMORTAL HULK #1 - Dale Keown Variants

I can dig these. I always enjoyed Keown's art, I wish he did more interiors.

Astonishing Member

IMMORTAL HULK #1 - Dale Keown Variants

Great covers.
    As have been said, i wish as well that Dale Keown did the interior art for a comic book besides doing only covers.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Did the gray Hulk ever get the chance to fight the Juggernaut? Just wondering.
    Nope.
    Would have like to see him take on the U-Foes while he was gray also.
    They fought against the classic savage, Banner-in-control, mindless at the Crossroads, and the Merged/Professor...but not the gray...