Page 165 of 237 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3547

I expect see only these things in this run: the horror (the Hulk) and the television series plot. the smash is the last thing i expect to see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    I expect see only these things in this run: the horror (the Hulk) and the television series plot. the smash is the last thing i expect to see.
    This

I can't wait for this, Hulk has really been treated like **** for years and this feels like a real return of the monster.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    This

I can't wait for this, Hulk has really been treated like **** for years and this feels like a real return of the monster.
    Exactly! And i remember very well when Bruce Jones run is put on Eisner category. Before that the Hulk is was under a contruction by Paul Jenkins. Jones turn the stories a pretty dark level. Tha pages, the drawns and the plot. The Abominable turn into a scary creature and when the Hulk appear we see the real monster aspect with lot of destruction. We believe in that theory than the Hulk could destroy this planet. I feel than Ewing and Bennett want this for now.

Planet Hulk and World War Hulk was good, but for me is not enough to bring that old feeling back.

Mighty Member

I don't know if this is an editor problem within Marvel or what, but I feel like the Hulk characters at this point are completely out of control. Lets take a look at the current status quo of characters regarding the past few years.

- Banner Hulk: He was cured of his hulkness when Cho absorbed the gamma radiation, which in and of itself was confusing. I mean, if it was that easy to cure him you think they would've done it sooner. But despite this, he was killed by hawkeye for "hulking out". Then he gets resurrected by the hand and somehow still has his hulk power that Amadeus took from him, but is finally put down...Then he comes back AGAIN in no surrender as the hulk, only now he is Immortal?...if that was the case, how was he dead this whole time anyways?
    - Chulk - So he makes nanobots that have the power to not only cure Banner of the Hulk, but to let him take that power and also control it (at east for a little while), except it doesn't and apparently the angry hulk was still inside of him fighting for control...So then he semi depowrs himself so he is still Hulk, but only like, half? Can Cho just do whatever he wants with his gamma radiation?
    - Jennifer Walters - First she gets knocked out by a missile, which is so dumb that they retcon it to her getting OHKO by thanos SO HARD that her entire hulk persona changes and she loses control of it. Then she kind of learns to control it, but now she is just a discount version of Banner Hulk? If her powers came from his blood does that mean she's immortal too? furthermore, if just getting beat really hard can change your hulk, why does Banners hulk seem to stay the same after dying? I'd imagine that would cause some PTSD similar to getting Thanos punched.

This is all without mentioning that every other Hulk got depowered and then there was a new Red Hulk with a timer because apparently someone wanted to use Thaddeus Ross, but I don't think they ever did?

Im not even really mad about most of this. I don't really read Chulk except in champions, I'm still gonna be getting the new hulk book, I'm still glad Jen is getting play despite her wild characterizations and storylines, I just feel like there is NO oversight with these things and marvel's just letting their creators run wild, but I guess that's marvel these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I don't know if this is an editor problem within Marvel or what, but I feel like the Hulk characters at this point are completely out of control. Lets take a look at the current status quo of characters regarding the past few years.

- Banner Hulk: He was cured of his hulkness when Cho absorbed the gamma radiation, which in and of itself was confusing. I mean, if it was that easy to cure him you think they would've done it sooner. But despite this, he was killed by hawkeye for "hulking out". Then he gets resurrected by the hand and somehow still has his hulk power that Amadeus took from him, but is finally put down...Then he comes back AGAIN in no surrender as the hulk, only now he is Immortal?...if that was the case, how was he dead this whole time anyways?
    - Chulk - So he makes nanobots that have the power to not only cure Banner of the Hulk, but to let him take that power and also control it (at east for a little while), except it doesn't and apparently the angry hulk was still inside of him fighting for control...So then he semi depowrs himself so he is still Hulk, but only like, half? Can Cho just do whatever he wants with his gamma radiation?
    - Jennifer Walters - First she gets knocked out by a missile, which is so dumb that they retcon it to her getting OHKO by thanos SO HARD that her entire hulk persona changes and she loses control of it. Then she kind of learns to control it, but now she is just a discount version of Banner Hulk? If her powers came from his blood does that mean she's immortal too? furthermore, if just getting beat really hard can change your hulk, why does Banners hulk seem to stay the same after dying? I'd imagine that would cause some PTSD similar to getting Thanos punched.

This is all without mentioning that every other Hulk got depowered and then there was a new Red Hulk with a timer because apparently someone wanted to use Thaddeus Ross, but I don't think they ever did?

Im not even really mad about most of this. I don't really read Chulk except in champions, I'm still gonna be getting the new hulk book, I'm still glad Jen is getting play despite her wild characterizations and storylines, I just feel like there is NO oversight with these things and marvel's just letting their creators run wild, but I guess that's marvel these days.
    There is a lot confusion post-Secret Wars by Jonathan Hickman (in my opinion one of the worst writer i even see). Greg Pak start a new Hulk direction with Banner appear of nowhere since the Gerry Duggan run was finished. By the way, i enjoy this Duggan/Bagley run a lot, the humour, the action...well, is pretty fun to me, and most important, Duggan put the end of this Hulk's (Betty and Rick) included giving a new direction, in the case of Skaar and his Warbounds.

Before Banner appear Pak and the editor have a idea for a new Hulk (again, the same mistake), than he was Amadeus Cho. Then we see a terrible mistake when Cho drained the gamma energy from the Hulk, what a hell? I think than the Hulk energy was unlimited? A serious mistakes by Pak. Banner can't change the Hulk no more and he decide to work in a new hidden to avoid the Hulk return. And the Civil War II started with the Evil/Hulk prediction. Banner was shot by Barton according of plan (if Banner start to show than he change into the Hulk, Barton must kill him with a special arrow).

After his death he return again by the Hand, and again by Hidra. The funeral of Banner a least is a good point of the story, Banner give for this family a new way of life. In this we a have a new She-Hulk run, than is was so good in the first issues, the psychologic aspect of Jennifer Walters and his new grey Hulk, a scary monster. But for month after month the quality of the stories was falling, everything get into a dumb plot, and the end the character going into a normal persona, this trauma was cured (in a stupid story). And now we have a ridiculous return to Planet Hulk and World War Hulk II with Amadeus Cho fight against his "dark side", so empty in all of aspects. By the way, he still is the Hulk, and acting with your Champions, but i don't care, i quit to follow Amadeus since this final issues of Planet Hulk return.

The problem is the excess of Hulks, when the Hulk cured all his family, is not necessary more version, specially a young and no fun version.

Hope now this refresh start could be a new way to bring back the essence of the Hulk than was forget in the years.

Greg Pak was so disappointed. Maybe this Hulk prediction from Civil War II is a essence of this Immortal Hulk, spreading horror and holocaust
    Last edited by Hulkboy; 05-23-2018 at 02:04 PM.

BANNED

. Maybe this Hulk prediction from Civil War II is a essence of this Immortal Hulk, spreading horror and holocaust
    This would be a unique twist if Ewing’s Going back to the Hulk’s mystic roots. Something also tells me that magic, whatever the current status quo is, will play a bit of a role in this new series too.

BANNED

Immortal Hulk August 2018 Solicitations

IMMORTAL HULK #4

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    RETURN OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR VARIANT COVER BY ARTHUR ADAMS

• Walter Langkowski is an ex-football star, a space diplomat and a beloved super hero. Walter Langkowski is charming, healthy and outgoing. Walter Langkowski is the opposite of Bruce Banner.

• And Walter Langkowski is going to die today, because he went looking for Banner...

• ...and found the IMMORTAL HULK.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    This would be a unique twist if Ewing’s Going back to the Hulk’s mystic roots. Something also tells me that magic, whatever the current status quo is, will play a bit of a role in this new series too.
    In that Civil War II vision we see a pure horror. Before this we saw with amazing Mark Bagley art a catastrophic vision included Maestro Hulk, but this coming from another imperfect future (the Maestro return on Hickman's Secret Wars, but wans't cool to see). One of this shocking moments of Civil War II is from that vision than we start the question: "can be real? Or this Hulk still can be stopped?" But in my opinion is more shocking if Banner lose completely. Something like a Mindless Hulk, but more terrified than that.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post

IMMORTAL HULK #4

Cover by ALEX ROSS

• Walter Langkowski is an ex-football star, a space diplomat and a beloved super hero. Walter Langkowski is charming, healthy and outgoing. Walter Langkowski is the opposite of Bruce Banner.

• And Walter Langkowski is going to die today, because he went looking for Banner...

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Now i can say, there is a two magnificent covers here! The original cover is much better. But i enjoy Adams art, when Jeph Loeb was the writer, i enjoy a lot the Banner transformation in Grey Hulk in that Wendigo arc. Sad the Loeb plot was so empty (Hulk beated by Miss Marvel), well, for true, the whole Loeb plot after World War Hulk is pretty dissappointed with this new Red Hulk than i forget completely. The only thing i like on Loeb is the Grey Hulk draw by Tim Sale.

Pretty good Immortal Hulk #5 plot. he looking for Banner, and find the Immortal Hulk!

And check it out this Bennett art (not finished). References about The Thing movie (John Carpenter) and the king of special effects Rob Bottin.
    bennett.jpg
    Last edited by Hulkboy; 05-25-2018 at 12:53 PM.

i am very much looking forward to a new hulk book. looking at the past few years, not impressed with where hulk has been, very excited about where he is going.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post

IMMORTAL HULK #4

Cover by ALEX ROSS

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

It will be interesting to see Sasquatch and Hulk meet up again. I think Sas is going to lose if/when they fight tho.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

The "stripping" of Hulk had so many problems I can't really comment but in No Surrender they do give a rather decent explanation. Essentially they dipped back into the portion of Hulk's powers that say his strength is limitless. Dr. Strange at one time said he was a conduit to another universe which is why his power is so vast and if he were to ever completely open up it would "end everything". The beginning of No Surrender clear played this concept that Hulk simply can't die because his power comes from somewhere else ... "the door" was the analogy being used. Him being dead the whole time was just Hulk wanting to be left alone and going with it because "being dead" meant being alone. The Challenger even mentioned that he "just needed a nudge" to get the rage brewing again. This helped explain all the horrid cameos where Hulk seemed to get resurrected just to be smashed own again, etc.

Immortal Hulk, while obviously a new take on Hulk, is being argued as "this being how it's always been, it's simply recent events has made Banner more aware of this monster and how independant he really is/how he functions".

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post

I don't read Cho either, but I don't really have an issue with the premise here.

First of all... Banner was cured by the XXX smartest person on earth. So sure it should probably work... until it doesn't anymore. The idea of Banner getting cured, getting fixed, separating the Hulk, suppressing the monster... It happens ALL THE TIME. Until you find out that the cure didn't take. Nanites that transfer the strength out of Banner into another genius... wasn't that 90% of the Leader's plots? The fact that it temporarily worked once doesn't bug me. (Especially since it WAS temporary and Banner is back. A permanent change would have been stupid.)

That's exactly how I see the Cho + Civil War 2 playing out. Cho found a cure... Banner lived a happy life for a few months... then something triggered an adaption or relapse and it all starts over again.

Cho has more control over the hulk... Meh, that doesn't mean much either. Doc Sampson, She-Hulk, Ross, they all have more control over their Gamma poisoning than Banner does. If they want to depower him... or repower him... or whatever, it's still too soon to tell... but regardless it won't be unique or unprecedented.

Note that in Hulk 717, Amadeus used counter-nanites to remove his monster. It cost him his ability to change back to human form, he's now stuck in a form that's smaller than Hulk was, but still big and green, essentially a male She-Hulk, but he no longer has to worry about losing control.

And in No Surrender, Banner's Hulk revealed another new ability besides just immortality - he can depower other Hulks - Doc Green needn't have bothered with those chemicals! He depowered General Maverick, who lost his ability to become the second Red Hulk.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't read Cho either, but I don't really have an issue with the premise here.

First of all... Banner was cured by the XXX smartest person on earth. So sure it should probably work... until it doesn't anymore. The idea of Banner getting cured, getting fixed, separating the Hulk, suppressing the monster... It happens ALL THE TIME. Until you find out that the cure didn't take. Nanites that transfer the strength out of Banner into another genius... wasn't that 90% of the Leader's plots? The fact that it temporarily worked once doesn't bug me. (Especially since it WAS temporary and Banner is back. A permanent change would have been stupid.)

That's exactly how I see the Cho + Civil War 2 playing out. Cho found a cure... Banner lived a happy life for a few months... then something triggered an adaption or relapse and it all starts over again.

Cho has more control over the hulk... Meh, that doesn't mean much either. Doc Sampson, She-Hulk, Ross, they all have more control over their Gamma poisoning than Banner does. If they want to depower him... or repower him... or whatever, it's still too soon to tell... but regardless it won't be unique or unprecedented.
    He's cured only in Cho run is not justify the mistake. If this is really possible why this kid do this before? You say that this happen ALL THE TIME, let's go:

1- Hulk cured by Reed Richards using a ray gun by Roy Thomas/Herb Trimpe run. He is not just cured, but is get smarter again (Banner mind). Suddenly Banner live in peace with Betty and the Leader use your tecnology to change the Banner transformation again. Hulk is back! Why Banner can't change the Hulk no more after the Hulk get smarter? So, the explanation for this is...whatever!

2- Hulk and Banner was split for the first time by Thomas/Trimpe run. The result is they cannot live separared by the fact the Hulk without Banner turn into a rampage monster (FINALLY we have a explanation by the writer).

3- Hulk burn all gamma-energy from your body from Roger Stern/Sal Buscema run. Banner can't change anymore. When Bruce is dead by the Leader, Samson use the gamma rays to bring Banner back, and the Hulk reborn. So, how Bruce cured from nothing with Hulk burn all your energy if his energy is unlimited? No explanation by the writer.

4- In Bill Mantlo/Sal Buscema run we see the Rom Spaceknight trying to drained the Hulk energy. FAIL! Impossible do this! The Hulk energy was unlimited (yes, friends...Mr. Mantlo known how these things works).

5- Another split, this time with the first John Byrne's run. FAIL! The Hulk turn into a raging monster again, and worst, Banner almost die for that!

6- When the Hulk and Banner will be reunited in Al Milgrom story (end of Byrne's run) Hulk appear with your original colour. They think than Banner finally cured. But he changed again, little by little, and the Hulk forces him to expose in another gamma-rays dose (First Peter David/ToddMcFarlane run).

7- Mark Waid say in his Indestructible Hulk run than is impossible for Banner cured himself. He is condemned to live with the Hulk forever!

8- Betty shot Banner in the head in Waid/Mark Bagley run. But the Hulk lives.

9- Amadeus Cho simple cured Banner drained all his power. Why he do this before? No, Greg Pak not explain NOTHING! The reason for the cured is for another Hulk than was created.

For the last, Marvel try to fixed what Greg Pak do. Shot in the head (even with a special methods included a arrow) is not work with the Hulk. I think than Marvel put the Hulk energy like unlimited again, and show than is impossible for him to die. In this case the Hulk coming back again with another dose of gamma (the Hand, the Hidra and the Challenger).

Well, different context, some writers do a great job show how this work, and some do a big mistake turn a lot of confusion.

Oh yeah, Jeph Loeb made the Hulk cured by Red Hulk (c'mon!!!!!!!!!!!) drained (again, without reason) all his energy.
    Last edited by Hulkboy; 05-26-2018 at 02:16 PM.

He's cured only in Cho run is not justify the mistake. If this is really possible why this kid do this before? You say that this happen ALL THE TIME, let's go:

1- Hulk cured by Reed Richards using a ray gun by Roy Thomas/Herb Trimpe run. He is not just cured, but is get smarter again (Banner mind). Suddenly Banner live in peace with Betty and the Leader use your tecnology to change the Banner transformation again. Hulk is back! Why Banner can't change the Hulk no more after the Hulk get smarter? So, the explanation for this is...whatever!

2- Hulk and Banner was split for the first time by Thomas/Trimpe run. The result is they cannot live separared by the fact the Hulk without Banner turn into a rampage monster (FINALLY we have a explanation by the writer).

3- Hulk burn all gamma-energy from your body from Roger Stern/Sal Buscema run. Banner can't change anymore. When Bruce is dead by the Leader, Samson use the gamma rays to bring Banner back, and the Hulk reborn. So, how Bruce cured from nothing with Hulk burn all your energy if his energy is unlimited? No explanation by the writer.

4- In Bill Mantlo/Sal Buscema run we see the Rom Spaceknight trying to drained the Hulk energy. FAIL! Impossible do this! The Hulk energy was unlimited (yes, friends...Mr. Mantlo known how these things works).

5- Another split, this time with the first John Byrne's run. FAIL! The Hulk turn into a raging monster again, and worst, Banner almost die for that!

6- When the Hulk and Banner will be reunited in Al Milgrom story (end of Byrne's run) Hulk appear with your original colour. They think than Banner finally cured. But he changed again, little by little, and the Hulk forces him to expose in another gamma-rays dose (First Peter David/ToddMcFarlane run).

7- Mark Waid say in his Indestructible Hulk run than is impossible for Banner cured himself. He is condemned to live with the Hulk forever!

8- Betty shot Banner in the head in Waid/Mark Bagley run. But the Hulk lives.

9- Amadeus Cho simple cured Banner drained all his power. Why he do this before? No, Greg Pak not explain NOTHING! The reason for the cured is for another Hulk than was created.

For the last, Marvel try to fixed what Greg Pak do. Shot in the head (even with a special methods included a arrow) is not work with the Hulk. I think than Marvel put the Hulk energy like unlimited again, and show than is impossible for him to die. In this case the Hulk coming back again with another dose of gamma (the Hand, the Hidra and the Challenger).

Well, different context, some writers do a great job show how this work, and some do a big mistake turn a lot of confusion.

Oh yeah, Jeph Loeb made the Hulk cured by Red Hulk (c'mon!!!!!!!!!!!) drained (again, without reason) all his energy.
    The Hulk split with Banner during the Aaron run (he separated via having Banner be cut out of his brain by Doom).