Page 167 of 237 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3547
    Ultimate Member

Am I the only one reminded of the tracking ability PAD developed when he was writing Hulk? I don't see how he could have found that gunman otherwise.

Hope it gets fleshed out more. I can't imagine much worse than a monster who can literally find anyone he wants.

Spectacular Member

I’ve never cared about solo Hulk stories but this first issue was SO good. Loving the horror vibe.

Immortal Hulk #1. I just say that is a pretty solid book! All than i was waiting for! Impressive me so much, even in a elements remember me work by Bruce Jones run. But in this run, the Hulk talk make a psychological game with those punks, in Jones run he just smash (but the kind of smash than i really enjoy, one of my favorite runs). All you see in this book is a dark elements and kind of situation than happen in a real life! Not about superheroes fight, but about the monster the we carrying inside of us. Ewing do a great job conduced the terror from this gang and a suspense when the Hulk finally appear by Joe Bennett.

I told in this forum weeks ago, than this Hulk is a pure evil! At the same time he punishment this punks he loved every moment. The last page we see how Bruce Banner going crazy!

And, yes, this remember very well a Peter David run, and most important, the first stories from 1962 when the Hulk wants to kill and love his power!

Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    Whoa, I just finished the issue and loved it. I haven't picked up a Hulk book since the final days of Mr. Green, and I loved it.

-The dark atmosphere and art sold me.

-Dear God, this is the most terrifying Hulk I've ever seen. First of all, I love that he's intelligent and speaking again. I was worried we'd get Savage hulk for the umpteenth time.

-The fact that, as I said, he's intelligent is terrifying. He grills this guy with these questions and info that tears at his soul and then, THAT FACE is the last thing he ever sees.

[SPOILER]-Intelligent and ruthless. The fact that he didn't kill a single person delightfully surprised me. I was worried that this would just be Hulk amorally killing folks, but I was glad to be wrong. It makes it terrifying. This Hulk id delicate enough to Hulk out and not destroy the bodies, track a man quietly for miles, torment him, and absolutely devastate the bodies of multiple people without killing them accidentally. All while not just calm, but GLAD. [/SPOILER]

I'm really on board.
    The fact he is not kill i think ios going since we see how he calculate in this cases, just beat up. Or the pain that those punks still lives is more than the death.

Mighty Member

This hulk is terrifying...

I love this direction, but I feel like they may be making this hulk a little too intelligent. I mean, hulk had to descreetly get around enough to figure out who that girl was AND find that guy?

A little nitpicky, I know. But other than that, this issue blew me away. I have NO idea where this is going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post

I love this direction, but I feel like they may be making this hulk a little too intelligent. I mean, hulk had to descreetly get around enough to figure out who that girl was AND find that guy?

I'm fine with that. It gives us a fresh take to play with, as others have mentioned. It also means that they can really ramp up the murder mystery aspect as well really push the inner dialog to new places. Is this hulk looking into their soul? WHat does he see?

This … this is everything people have been hoping for IMO: a fresh Hulk idea, with a familiar backdrop. If this doesn't do well I'll be bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I only have 2 criticisms;
    1. It didn't really make sense for the Hulk to stop short of killing the robber in this context. He should have at least left the guy with a definitely permanent ailment, by taking a limb off or something.
    2. Hulk is a little too wordy. His portrayal in this issue was definitely preferable to his mono-syllabic version, but there were a couple of panels where he was a little too verbose. Ewing needs to strike a better balance between the character's malevolence and anger.

Despite those niggles, this book was exceptional, and I'm excited to see where it goes.
    They did say in the hospital that Tommy would probably never walk again. Seems like a pretty permanent ailment to me. Great issue!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I'm fine with that. It gives us a fresh take to play with, as others have mentioned. It also means that they can really ramp up the murder mystery aspect as well really push the inner dialog to new places. Is this hulk looking into their soul? WHat does he see?

This … this is everything people have been hoping for IMO: a fresh Hulk idea, with a familiar backdrop. If this doesn't do well I'll be bummed.
    Right, I think there is also this emphasis on the supernatural side of the Hulk that has been neglected for a while. The casual reader doesn't know that he can see and communicate with the spirits and those in astral form. This idea too, that, he can sense and peer into the soul will also be interesting to explore. I like this intelligent, calculated and seemingly devious rendition so far. Being that Ewing is flirting with Jungian concepts, I also hope that we get more psyscape explorations that has severely lacked in recent Hulk runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post

I only have 2 criticisms;
    1. It didn't really make sense for the Hulk to stop short of killing the robber in this context. He should have at least left the guy with a definitely permanent ailment, by taking a limb off or something.
    2. Hulk is a little too wordy. His portrayal in this issue was definitely preferable to his mono-syllabic version, but there were a couple of panels where he was a little too verbose. Ewing needs to strike a better balance between the character's malevolence and anger.

Despite those niggles, this book was exceptional, and I'm excited to see where it goes.
    If you look at the detective's description and what they bolded :

"Just about every bone in his body was BROKEN or CRUSHED."

I got a very, very twisted vibe. The Hulk knocked out the Dogs of Hell and have them concussions or minor fractures. He didn't hit this guy like a bus and leave, it seems he took his time -- a break here, a slow crush there. He was methodical and then finished it off with probably crushing his spine. She made note that he'll definitively never walk again and may or may not wake up. On the art side, all of the injuries are on his neck and extremities. His upperbody looks untouched.

Normally I'd agree about the wordiness for Hulk, but for me, I think it helped with the creepy vibe. It showed him absolutely knowing and understanding what this guy did and that he wasn't doing this for what he did to Banner and himself, but purely an act of vengeance. I pictured Fred Tatasciore's voice and it was great. Just my $0.02
    Last edited by Shockdingo; 06-07-2018 at 11:30 AM.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

A little nitpicky, I know. But other than that, this issue blew me away. I have NO idea where this is going to go.
    Little details, much little for other things than worth to keep reading. I say that than Bennett art show errors in certain pages, mas that's ok to me. Even this i give to this comics 10 (of 10), cannot give nine or down of this. Is hard find comics like this in these days, specially a Hulk comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Right, I think there is also this emphasis on the supernatural side of the Hulk that has been neglected for a while. The casual reader doesn't know that he can see and communicate with the spirits and those in astral form.
    We see this in a Peter David/McFarlane run on issue #335 calling "The Evil That Men Do!". Maybe Hulk be the only one who can see this spirit in Immortal Hulk #3, for i known Ewing says that this story is about exorcism.

Ultimate Member

Hulk could have easily learned her name from the news or internet.

As for finding the guy, if Hulk wants to find someone, he will find them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    As for finding the guy, if Hulk wants to find someone, he will find them.
    He can find a person so much easily since he possess a sense of localization. I not sure but we see this in Peter David/Mike Deodato run post-Onslaught.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    He can find a person so much easily since he possess a sense of localization. I not sure but we see this in Peter David/Mike Deodato run post-Onslaught.
    Dumb power for the hero Hulk to have, but damn I like it here

I'm a little torn on this direction. I mean, it's not ENTIRELY unprecedented... we've had the creepy angry MEAN Gray Hulk before. But this feels a bit different. There's always been a sense that the world was out to get the hulk and he was still a hero anyway... but this??

If they're going full on Horror/ Jekyll and Hyde where the Hulk truly is a vicious evil beast that takes pleasure in hurting those who cross him... I'm feeling a LOT more sympathy for General Ross and the army who spent years trying to protect all the people from that beast. This doesn't strike me as a Hulk who can go back to the "Hero-mode", Be an avenger.

This feels like they may have taken the road a bit too far in the wrong direction... time will tell I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm a little torn on this direction. I mean, it's not ENTIRELY unprecedented... we've had the creepy angry MEAN Gray Hulk before. But this feels a bit different. There's always been a sense that the world was out to get the hulk and he was still a hero anyway... but this??

If they're going full on Horror/ Jekyll and Hyde where the Hulk truly is a vicious evil beast that takes pleasure in hurting those who cross him... I'm feeling a LOT more sympathy for General Ross and the army who spent years trying to protect all the people from that beast. This doesn't strike me as a Hulk who can go back to the "Hero-mode", Be an avenger.

This feels like they may have taken the road a bit too far in the wrong direction... time will tell I guess..
    We'll see.

I'm betting as he goes up against bigger and bigger threats, Hulk will come off as more heroic.

Also, the Avengers don't really have room to talk. They shot Banner in the back of the head after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Also, the Avengers don't really have room to talk. They shot Banner in the back of the head after all.

Which is kind of my point... if THIS is the hulk now, that MAY have been a good idea O.O

The Jekyll/Hyde story was always fun when Hulk looked like a monster, was treated like a monster, but was really a hero.... If they go full Hyde with him being a cold, calculating, merciless, vengeful beast of destruction... an arrow to the back of the head isn't so extreme anymore.

I kind of wish they had told this story with a new Hulk that wasn't Banner. Kind of a 'Superior' Hulk or something.