Page 181 of 237 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3547
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Adding to the praise.

I originally thought "the door" was more symbolic ... but it seems now it's more than that, a literal door. The idea that it's impacting the other "hulk related" heroes is interesting; something changed and Hulk's not the only hero who can die and come back. Mix that in with the two guys breaking out into a fight and you got yourself a real mystery. It may also be coincidence, but it plays wonderfully with something Dr. Strange told banner so long ago:

Sasquatch mentions Tanaraq coming from another realm ... Strange once said Hulk's power comes form this other realm which wants to break in and can end ... everything. These two older tales play perfectly into "the door". There's just a lot to peel back, I'm enjoying it so much. Mix in Hulk's new powers being clearly gamma based, banner being a long for the ride almost like he himself is trying to figure the Hulk out despite living with it for so long ... this is just. so. good.

Art wise the colors have been wonderful and Mounts deserves tons of credit, though Bennett has been strong as well. Characters read like characters and not like flat dialog, Ewing is on it.

At this point I simply want this team working this book for the next two years like Marvel did for Mighty Thor ... my heart won't be able to handle if everything changes after the first arc.
    If I had to guess, this scan is from the Heroes Reborn era. In that, Hulk and Banner were separated, and Hulk was a conduct for the pocket dimension where the heroes were vacationing. At the time, the lack of Banner was slowly killing Hulk.

I still think Hulk's resurrection is pulling something from another realm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    If I had to guess, this scan is from the Heroes Reborn era. In that, Hulk and Banner were separated, and Hulk was a conduct for the pocket dimension where the heroes were vacationing. At the time, the lack of Banner was slowly killing Hulk.

Post-Oslaught.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    Post-Oslaught.
    Yeah, heroes reborn was post onslaught

Hulk was a conduct to that world. And IIRC, that was part of what was killing him at the time.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Yup, HULK #450.
    Dr. Strange had just encountered the Heroes Reborn Hulk, along with the Avengers and FF in their pocket universe, and when the 616 Hulk broke from the mystical sphere, was ripped back into the 616 universe.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Yup, HULK #450.
    Dr. Strange had just encountered the Heroes Reborn Hulk, along with the Avengers and FF in their pocket universe, and when the 616 Hulk broke from the mystical sphere, was ripped back into the 616 universe.

You are the man MGH! Thank you for spreading your knowledge!

Yeah, heroes reborn was post onslaught

Hulk was a conduct to that world. And IIRC, that was part of what was killing him at the time.
    I never care about Heroes Rebon, but if i remember, this long hair Hulk born if a new origin from the another universe. Both events (Onslaugh/Reborn) is from 1996/1997. And in the Hulk's title he confront this Reborn's Hulk.

All i know is at least this green door is pretty good to follow by Ewing's hands.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    This really is a hidden gem of a comic. I am surprised more people are not talking about it; it reminds me of King's run on the Vision. Hopefully more people will catch the Hulk Fever and post their thoughts. There used to be a time when only Spidey was more popular than Hulk. I hope to see those days again.
    That would awesome. The Hulk is one of the best characters from comics/media, and in my (biased) opinion, the best!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Adding to the praise.

I originally thought "the door" was more symbolic ... but it seems now it's more than that, a literal door. The idea that it's impacting the other "hulk related" heroes is interesting; something changed and Hulk's not the only hero who can die and come back. Mix that in with the two guys breaking out into a fight and you got yourself a real mystery. It may also be coincidence, but it plays wonderfully with something Dr. Strange told banner so long ago:

Man, I always liked that trenchcoat of levitation thing Doc had going on for a while. One of the few redesigns of classic characters I actually liked

Thanks to Deodato Jr. for i keep more away from this run, the art is pretty bad.

I would love to see this Hulk in IW. Even if he got a beat down by Thanos, I don't think he would of been "scared" to come back and fight again. Here's to hoping we get the Immortal Hulk in IW2!

Mighty Member

Hi All,
    I've been reading this message board on and off for a while and thought I'd join and post. Daredevil and Hulk/Bruce Banner are two of my favorite characters...Hulk especially...I first became interested in him due to the Hulk tv series and just doing a quick reading about his character on Wikipedia...I like the idea of this brilliant scientist dealing with his fear of getting angry and becoming the Hulk and others being afraid when Hulk just wants to be left alone. I've started reading his stories from the beginning and hopefully there's some issues that explore the psychology of Banner as well. Looking forward to when I reach the Peter David run and now the Al Ewing run as well. I'm sure there were some other good writers as well that I missed. My question is when it comes to the big Marvel events (Civil Wars, Secret Wars, etc.) if I just want to read Hulk how do I approach those? Do I just read the Hulk tie-in issues plus the event series (Civil Wars 1-3). or just read the main event issues? Or just avoid the Marvel events altogether? Thanks for the help.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Hi All,
    I've been reading this message board on and off for a while and thought I'd join and post. Daredevil and Hulk/Bruce Banner are two of my favorite characters...Hulk especially...I first became interested in him due to the Hulk tv series and just doing a quick reading about his character on Wikipedia...I like the idea of this brilliant scientist dealing with his fear of getting angry and becoming the Hulk and others being afraid when Hulk just wants to be left alone. I've started reading his stories from the beginning and hopefully there's some issues that explore the psychology of Banner as well. Looking forward to when I reach the Peter David run and now the Al Ewing run as well. I'm sure there were some other good writers as well that I missed. My question is when it comes to the big Marvel events (Civil Wars, Secret Wars, etc.) if I just want to read Hulk how do I approach those? Do I just read the Hulk tie-in issues plus the event series (Civil Wars 1-3). or just read the main event issues? Or just avoid the Marvel events altogether? Thanks for the help.
    Hello CTTT! Welcome aboard.

First, as an event, Secret Wars (I mean, the last one) has zero importance to the Hulk. You can avoid it.

Concerning Civil War II (this one is very important), you, imo, should read the main series, plus the tie-ins The Fallen and The accused, which deal with *spoilers*
    Bruce Banner's death.

After that, the most important one, you should read the mini event Avengers: No Surrender. It was amazing and Hulk's come back is great, with the last issued setting up the Immortal Hulk!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Hello CTTT! Welcome aboard.

First, as an event, Secret Wars (I mean, the last one) has zero importance to the Hulk. You can avoid it.

Concerning Civil War II (this one is very important), you, imo, should read the main series, plus the tie-ins The Fallen and The accused, which deal with *spoilers*
    Bruce Banner's death.

After that, the most important one, you should read the mini event Avengers: No Surrender. It was amazing and Hulk's come back is great, with the last issued setting up the Immortal Hulk!
    Hey Thanks for the Welcome...and another question I had as well, with Hulk's supporting cast, like Thunderbolt and Betty Ross, Rick Jones, their storylines play out in the pages of Hulk as well, right? Like with Red hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Hey Thanks for the Welcome...and another question I had as well, with Hulk's supporting cast, like Thunderbolt and Betty Ross, Rick Jones, their storylines play out in the pages of Hulk as well, right? Like with Red hulk?
    Ross was cured, and now maybe he come back from the beginning. Betty was cured, maybe she come back in this run, too.

Rick Jones appear on Secret Empire (another boring event), Samson appear in Civil War II (from the nowhere by Bendis sucks).

What are your favorite Hulk battles with other super heroes?

My favorite over the years have been the Hulk vs Thing battles. FF #25, Giant size super stars #1, and of course the iconic Hulk #350!!