Page 192 of 237 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Don't even mention it! It's so exciting.
    Btw, is it another Hulk board?
    Yes it is.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Yes it is.
    Gamma Ra, my friend. It's Gamma Burst here! I'm waiting until my username is changed.
    Last edited by Gamma Burst; 09-06-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Gamma Ra, my friend. It's Gamma Burst here! I'm waiting until my username is changed.
    My unsecret secret identity has been exposed for all the world to see... Ah shucks!!!

What's good buddy? Glad you enjoy the book.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

The Church of Hulk reunion?
    Where's Art Teacher? Someone bring him out of hiding!

BANNED

My unsecret secret identity has been exposed for all the world to see... Ah shucks!!!

What's good buddy? Glad you enjoy the book.
    I'm fine! Glad you're enjoying it too.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    The Church of Hulk reunion?
    Where's Art Teacher? Someone bring him out of hiding!
    The Holy Church of Hulk!

I'm fine! Glad you're enjoying it too.

The Holy Church of Hulk!
    Art Teacher an PoetTree are here?

Church is always in session!!!!

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Art Teacher an PoetTree are here?

Church is always in session!!!!
    I thought Art Teacher posted here once or twice many, many years ago.
    Poet Tree? Not sure. He'd been in lurking mode at the other board for a while, came back for a brief period and is off the grid again.

Same here. I lost interest in comics under Axel Alonso's EIC run and I've lurked here before. This board seems a little more alive now.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Picked up issue #5 yesterday...WHOAH!
    Just...whoah!
    Another great issue.
    bennett.jpg
    Best work of Bennett's career.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if we’ll get a showdown between the savage Hulked up Jen and Bruce down the line. Could this be a way to return her to her less than bulked up and savage self.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wonder if we’ll get a showdown between the savage Hulked up Jen and Bruce down the line. Could this be a way to return her to her less than bulked up and savage self.
    Isn't she part of the Avengers team in upcoming issue#8?

And so what essential books to read concerning Hulk ?

I've only read:

Hulk: Gray

Incredible Hulk: Transformations
    1.The Incredible Hulk #3 - Banished to outer space
    2.The Incredible Hulk #6 - vs the Metal Master
    3.The Incredible Hulk #272 - Weirdsong of the Wen-di-go
    4.The Incredible Hulk #315 - Freedom
    5.The Incredible Hulk #324 - The more things change...
    6.The Incredible Hulk #347 - Crap shoot
    7.The New Incredible Hulk #377 - Honey, I shrunk the Hulk

What are good reads ?

The Incredible Hulk by Lee & Kirby
    The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 1: Man or Monster? - The Incredible Hulk #1-6 + Fantastic Four #12, #25-26 + Avengers #1-3, #5 + Amazing Spider-Man #14 + Tales to Astonish #59 + Journey into Mystery #112
    The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 2: The Hulk Must Die - Tales to Astonish #60-96 + Not Brand Echh #3
    The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 3: The Leader Lives - Tales to Astonish #97–101 + Incredible Hulk #102–117, Annual #1 + Not Brand Echh #9

Heart of the Atom (Harlan Ellison / Roy Thomas / Archie Goodwin / Len Wein)
    Hulk: Heart of the Atom - The Incredible Hulk #140, #148, #156, #202-203, #205-207, #246-248 + The Avengers #88 + What if ? #23

The Incredible Hulk by Bill Mentlo
    The Incredible Hulk: Pardoned - The Incredible Hulk #269-285
    The Incredible Hulk: Regression - The Incredible Hulk #286–300 + The Incredible Hulk Annual #12
    The Incredible Hulk: Crossroads - The Incredible Hulk #301-313 + The Incredible Hulk Annual #13 + Alpha Flight #29

The Incredible Hulk by John Byrne
    Hulk Visionaries: John Byrne - The Incredible Hulk #314–319 + The Incredible Hulk Annual #14 + Marvel Fanfare #29

The Incredible Hulk by Peter David
    The Incredible Hulk: Ground Zero - The Incredible Hulk #340-346
    ???

Future Imperfect / The End
    Hulk: Future Imperfect - Hulk: Future Imperfect #1-2 + Incredible Hulk: The End

The Incredible Hulk by Greg Pak
    Incredible Hulk: Prelude to Planet Hulk - The Incredible Hulk vol.2 #88–91 + Fantastic Four #533-535
    Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk - The Incredible Hulk vol.2 #92–105 + Giant-Size Hulk #1 + Amazing Fantasy vol.2 #15
    World War Hulk: The Incredible Hercules - The Incredible Hulk vol.2 #106–111

The Incredible Hulk by Jeph Loeb
    The Incredible Hulk by Jeph Loeb vol.1 - Red Hulk (#1-6) + Thor vs. Hulk (#5-6) + Red & Green (#7-9) + Hulk No More (#10-12)
    The Incredible Hulk by Jeph Loeb vol.2 - Hulk vs. X-Force (#14-18) + Fall of the Hulks (#19-21) + World War Hulks (#22-24)

The Incredible Hulk by Jeff Parker
    The Incredible Hulk by Jeff Parker vol.1 (to come) - Scorched Earth (#25-30) + Planet Red Hulk (#31-36, #30.1)
    The Incredible Hulk by Jeff Parker vol.2 (to come) - Fear Itself (#37-41) + Hulk of Arabia (#42-46)
    The Incredible Hulk by Jeff Parker vol.3 (to come) - Haunted (#47-52) + Mayan Rule (#53-57)

Which ones are really worth ? Would you suggest others ?
    Last edited by jb681131; 09-06-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Isn't she part of the Avengers team in upcoming issue#8?
    Lol I don’t read the solicits, so I didn’t know they were going to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    And so what essential books to read concerning Hulk ?

I've only read:

Hulk: Gray

Incredible Hulk: Transformations
    1.The Incredible Hulk #3 - Banished to outer space
    2.The Incredible Hulk #6 - vs the Metal Master
    3.The Incredible Hulk #272 - Weirdsong of the Wen-di-go
    4.The Incredible Hulk #315 - Freedom
    5.The Incredible Hulk #324 - The more things change...
    6.The Incredible Hulk #347 - Crap shoot
    7.The New Incredible Hulk #377 - Honey, I shrunk the Hulk

What are good reads ?

The Incredible Hulk by Lee & Kirby
    The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 1: Man or Monster? - The Incredible Hulk #1-6 + Fantastic Four #12, #25-26 + Avengers #1-3, #5 + Amazing Spider-Man #14 + Tales to Astonish #59 + Journey into Mystery #112
    The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 2: The Hulk Must Die - Tales to Astonish #60-96 + Not Brand Echh #3
    The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 3: The Leader Lives - Tales to Astonish #97–101 + Incredible Hulk #102–117, Annual #1 + Not Brand Echh #9

Heart of the Atom (Harlan Ellison / Roy Thomas / Archie Goodwin / Len Wein)
    Hulk: Heart of the Atom - The Incredible Hulk #140, #148, #156, #202-203, #205-207, #246-248 + The Avengers #88 + What if ? #23

The Incredible Hulk by Bill Mentlo
    The Incredible Hulk: Pardoned - The Incredible Hulk #269-285
    The Incredible Hulk: Regression - The Incredible Hulk #286–300 + The Incredible Hulk Annual #12
    The Incredible Hulk: Crossroads - The Incredible Hulk #301-313 + The Incredible Hulk Annual #13 + Alpha Flight #29

The Incredible Hulk by John Byrne
    Hulk Visionaries: John Byrne - The Incredible Hulk #314–319 + The Incredible Hulk Annual #14 + Marvel Fanfare #29

The Incredible Hulk by Peter David
    The Incredible Hulk: Ground Zero - The Incredible Hulk #340-346
    ???

Future Imperfect / The End
    Hulk: Future Imperfect - Hulk: Future Imperfect #1-2 + Incredible Hulk: The End

The Incredible Hulk by Greg Pak
    Incredible Hulk: Prelude to Planet Hulk - The Incredible Hulk vol.2 #88–91 + Fantastic Four #533-535
    Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk - The Incredible Hulk vol.2 #92–105 + Giant-Size Hulk #1 + Amazing Fantasy vol.2 #15
    World War Hulk: The Incredible Hercules - The Incredible Hulk vol.2 #106–111

The Incredible Hulk by Jeph Loeb
    The Incredible Hulk by Jeph Loeb vol.1 - Red Hulk (#1-6) + Thor vs. Hulk (#5-6) + Red & Green (#7-9) + Hulk No More (#10-12)
    The Incredible Hulk by Jeph Loeb vol.2 - Hulk vs. X-Force (#14-18) + Fall of the Hulks (#19-21) + World War Hulks (#22-24)

The Incredible Hulk by Jeff Parker
    The Incredible Hulk by Jeff Parker vol.1 (to come) - Scorched Earth (#25-30) + Planet Red Hulk (#31-36, #30.1)
    The Incredible Hulk by Jeff Parker vol.2 (to come) - Fear Itself (#37-41) + Hulk of Arabia (#42-46)
    The Incredible Hulk by Jeff Parker vol.3 (to come) - Haunted (#47-52) + Mayan Rule (#53-57)

Which ones are really worth ? Would you suggest others ?
    For me I like to start at the foundation the first six issues. I'm not a big fan of the Tales to Astonish days, but as a Hulk purist I've read them. I liked the soap opera feel of Stan Lee's, Marie Severin's and Roy Thomas's runs, but Hulk starts to really get good with the Steve Englehardt, Len Wein, Roger Stern an Bill Mantlo's runs. I'm not a big fan of John Byrne's first run, but there are key Hulk concepts and characters presented. Peter David's entire run is a must as he really added too much to speak on in Hulk's lore. The next writer that did exceptional work was Greg Pak. Almost everything other than Jeff Parker's Red Hulk book, I could do without. Paul Jenkins had good ideas but never followed through. Jason Aaron just wrote shallow stories, although some were fun. Everything else is not worth reading, IMO.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-06-2018 at 04:42 PM.

I kind of liked the Gary Duggan arc, especially compared to the Aaron/Waid stuff that came before it, although a lot of it focused on undoing the Hulk family from Loeb and Pak's stuff (There was a subplot about Doc Green potentially becoming the Maestro, although, like PAD's "Ghost of the Future" storyline that was never really followed up on that much). I think it's also pretty much the last time we've seen most of the usual supporting cast except for Civil War II.

I'm guessing we'll eventually get to see Betty, her father, Samson etc. show up in HULK sooner or later (I'm guessing Rick's still dead) given Ewing's use of Hulk continuity so far. Ross I think is part of the current Captain America storyline (although it's possible this is sort of the MCU effect happening here)-or perhaps, of course, The Leader or Abomination. Hulk's current personality actually kind of reminds me a bit of Blonsky's (Well, sort of the more sadistic side of the character, not so much the sort of Phantom Of The Opera-inspired character PAD often wrote him as).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-06-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth