Page 194 of 237 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    As far as I know, it wasn't revealed!
    The Hulk needs a rematch with the Challenger. I remember that the Champion cheated in that Marvel Two in One annual from years ago...

Nice summary.

I've been saying for years that Incredible Hulk #312 is a pivotal issue in understanding Bruce Banner and Hulk, and gives good reason to be empathetic towards them. The main reason I love the issue is that Hulk was shown to be a part of Bruce since his birth. But with this reveal, if we are to say Bruce is not a mutant, as Brian thought, then what is he?

Another thing, if Bruce is just a regular old nuclear physicists, how did the gamma radiation make him smarter? Or was that always really his Hulk's power?
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-07-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Nice summary.

I've been saying for years that Incredible Hulk #312 is a pivotal issue in understanding Bruce Banner and Hulk, and gives good reason to be empathetic towards them. The main reason I love the issue is that Hulk was shown to be a part of Bruce since his birth. But with this reveal, if we are to say Bruce is not a mutant, as Brian thought, then what is he? Another thing, If Bruce is just a regular old nuclear physicists, how did the gamma radiation make him smarter? Or was that always really his Hulk's power?
    It made the Leader smarter... Gamma does weird things?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

About Immortal Hulk in the Avengers 'No Surrender" story. Does anyone know how Hulk got back to earth after Challenger punched him into orbit? I missed something.
    I’m a bad fan—I never read this storyline. I own it, but haven’t read it yet. Which is weird, because the Grandmaster is one of my favorite cosmic entities.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yes it did and yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m a bad fan—I never read this storyline. I own it, but haven’t read it yet. Which is weird, because the Grandmaster is one of my favorite cosmic entities.
    I only read the issues of Hulk's return. The story seemed interesting. I'm still not sure of the new cosmic artifacts that were introduced and what they all meant, but Hulk's represented "Spirit/Ether". I'm not sure if that will play a part in any new revelations about the character.

I like the original Elders of the Universe and the ones that were added in Jim Starlin's and Ron Marz's Silver Surfer run.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-07-2018 at 05:25 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Yes it did and yes it does.

I only read the issues of Hulk's return. The story seemed interesting. I'm still not sure of the new cosmic artifacts that were introduced and what they all meant, but Hulk's represented "Spirit/Ether". I'm not sure if that will play a part in any new revelations about the character.

I like the original Elders of the Universe and the ones that were added in Jim Starlin's and Ron Marz's Silver Surfer run.
    I really loved Englehart’s and Shooter/Michelinie’s work with them on their Avengers/Silver Surfer run.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    .....and of course, the father storyline was pretty much what Ang Lee built his movie on, although he made it about a bazillion times more complicated.
    I still maintain that Ang Lee's story line was sabotaged by Studio exec interference. If you watch that movie critically you can see all the elements where his dad being the absorbing man with "hulk dogs" was awkwardly crammed in. All of those scenes have a distinctly different pace, dialog and feel than the rest of the movie. I doubt the original script had a super-villain at all, and instead it was clearly forcibly added later.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

These issues are so good I read them too quickly.

It's a good thing they are so fun to re-read.
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I still maintain that Ang Lee's story line was sabotaged by Studio exec interference. If you watch that movie critically you can see all the elements where his dad being the absorbing man with "hulk dogs" was awkwardly crammed in. All of those scenes have a distinctly different pace, dialog and feel than the rest of the movie. I doubt the original script had a super-villain at all, and instead it was clearly forcibly added later.
    Unpopular opinion, but I liked Ang Lee’s film. It felt like a comic exploded onto the big screen.

A sabotage ?? How can you say that after seeing the MCU. It is probably the best Marvel adaptation yet ! Actors were good. Visual effects were good (for the time). The comics feel was really there. The story was not less forced or stupid than other Marvels. On the contrary the story was good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The Hulk needs a rematch with the Challenger. I remember that the Champion cheated in that Marvel Two in One annual from years ago...
    Seconded!!

Unpopular opinion, but I liked Ang Lee’s film. It felt like a comic exploded onto the big screen.
    Unpopular... But I liked too. Imo, it was ahead of its time, in a sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    The Leader, as Sterns, was a janitor who wished to be as smart as his brother. The gamma reflected his inner most desire

I'm not sure if we cal call it sabotage, considering a lot investing went into the movie. Big names were tied to the project. While I enjoy the movie on it's own merits, my biggest problem was Angry Man did not speak much, the pace the film and the ridiculous size of the Hulk, but the story was there. I've come to realize even an eight foot tall Hulk is too big in today's Marvel Comic and movies.

For me it was a really good Monster movie with a lot of elements from Hulk lore. It should have been called angry man instead of Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The Leader, as Sterns, was a janitor who wished to be as smart as his brother. The gamma reflected his inner most desire
    This is what was suggested in the older Hulk comics. Gamma radiation brings out the deep down subconscious desire of a person. Not surprising, many Marvel writers probably don't know this.

Seconded!!.
    I think Challenger would be a good foe for Hulk to have. Hulk's rogue gallery is lacking.

BANNED

I think Challenger would be a good foe for Hulk to have. Hulk's rogue gallery is lacking.
    I agree he would. But don't worry: Ewing is gonna build an incredible rogue gallery. It's already starting.