Page 195 of 237 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I agree he would. But don't worry: Ewing is gonna build an incredible rogue gallery. It's already starting.
    It seems that way.

On another note, Hulk needs Foes that challenge him on every level of his being. Most writers miss the thrill behind Hulk...It's not that he Smashes...The thrill is in why he Smashes.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

What are you favorite versions of Hulk as a villain? I really like the Maestro, but what about the others? How do you all feel about the Hulk from the Old Man Logan storyline?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    It seems that way.

On another note, Hulk needs Foes that challenge him on every level of his being. Most writers miss the thrill behind Hulk...It's not that he Smashes...The thrill is in why he Smashes.
    Agreed on everything. Another thing that I want to see is updates and upgrades on some of Hulk's old villains who have potential; Galaxy Master (a being who can be an immense threat; he's at least between Skyfather, Strange, Watcher to Galactus level) and the Missing Link, who always gave Hulk a hard time, for example. Another one, whom I consider to be very bizarre is Dark Crawler. The guy has his own dimension and is capable to give a fight to a demon as powerful as the Nameless One!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What are you favorite versions of Hulk as a villain? I really like the Maestro, but what about the others? How do you all feel about the Hulk from the Old Man Logan storyline?
    Mine is the original Maestro from Future Imperfect. All the other ones are watered down versions, imo.

Although Hulk was written briefly as a villain by his co-creater Stan Lee, I never want to see that again... unless it's the alternate universe Maestro from Future Imperfect.

The thing about characters in fiction is that they should grow and change without it being forced. This is why I hold Greg Pak's run in high regard. When you factor in all of Hulk's history, more times than not, he is a "Misunderstood Monster". Not someone that is pent on taking over the world with his sometimes buddy Prince Namor. With that said, by his very nature, Hulk can manifest in any number of ways or personalities due to Banner and his relationship, without reinventing him. Nothing a naturally flowing story can't show. You don't have to introduce a cave of never ending Hulks.

Millar did more damage to the Hulk mythos than any other writer. Cannibal rapist Hulk was his choice of destruction and it existed in more than one universe. I admit, Hulk's character has a Jekyll and Hyde element to him, but keep in mind Hulk is Hulk.

The only evil Hulk I want to see is Maestro. If Al Ewing chooses to write him again, I hope he takes into account World War Hulk, the Maestro backstory from the video game, the fact that Maestro told Hulk he knew nothing about his own abilities and the potential possibilities that he himself is writing.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-08-2018 at 01:18 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Mark Millar should never write any version of the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Mark Millar should never write any version of the Hulk.
    I can't agree more!!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I agree he would. But don't worry: Ewing is gonna build an incredible rogue gallery. It's already starting.
    I’m giddy with the possibilities he’ll conjure up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m giddy with the possibilities he’ll conjure up.
    Every Hulk fan is!

BANNED

Very happy to see that Immortal Hulk is selling well and that the word of mouth has been great! The top 10 this week:

Batman #54
    Avengers #7
    Justice League #7
    Thanos Legacy #1
    Captain America #3
    Immortal Hulk #5
    The Dreaming #1
    Walking Dead #183
    Asgardians of the Galaxy #1
    Paper Girls #24

A few words by some retailers:

Immortal Hulk has stayed strong which is nice to see. Bruce had his fans and they’ve suddenly resurfaced and are buying his book. Hulk was down to one sub a year ago and now it’s selling well enough to crack our Top Ten.

It was notable that Walking Dead charted below megahit Immortal Hulk, and that Star Wars has dropped off the top 10 altogether.

The top spots are unsurprisingly occupied by this week’s BATMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE, but trailing just behind it are AVENGERS and the continually excellent IMMORTAL HULK.

Asgardians of the Galaxy did much better than we anticipated, taking 7th place, while Immortal Hulk sneaked in at tenth place–the best showing for a non-first-issue Hulk comic in years.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...2018-dreaming/

Very happy to see that Immortal Hulk is selling well and that the word of mouth has been great! The top 10 this week:

Batman #54
    Avengers #7
    Justice League #7
    Thanos Legacy #1
    Captain America #3
    Immortal Hulk #5
    The Dreaming #1
    Walking Dead #183
    Paper Girls #24

Immortal Hulk has stayed strong which is nice to see. Bruce had his fans and they’ve suddenly resurfaced and are buying his book. Hulk was down to one sub a year ago and now it’s selling well enough to crack our Top Ten.

It was notable that Walking Dead charted below megahit Immortal Hulk, and that Star Wars has dropped off the top 10 altogether.

The top spots are unsurprisingly occupied by this week’s BATMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE, but trailing just behind it are AVENGERS and the continually excellent IMMORTAL HULK.

Asgardians of the Galaxy did much better than we anticipated, taking 7th place, while Immortal Hulk sneaked in at tenth place–the best showing for a non-first-issue Hulk comic in years.

I think Hulk sells when we actually have a writer that understands that there's a little more to him than "Hulk Smash!"

Agreed on everything. Another thing that I want to see is updates and upgrades on some of Hulk's old villains who have potential; Galaxy Master (a being who can be an immense threat; he's at least between Skyfather, Strange, Watcher to Galactus level) and the Missing Link, who always gave Hulk a hard time, for example. Another one, whom I consider to be very bizarre is Dark Crawler. The guy has his own dimension and is capable to give a fight to a demon as powerful as the Nameless One!

Would love to see Missing Link or Dark Crawler again.

Great to see this run is getting good buzz/sales.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I think Hulk sells when we actually have a writer that understands that there's a little more to him than "Hulk Smash!"
    Well said. It sold well with Lee's Tales to Astonish/Incredible Hulk vol2.; with part of Mantlo's run in the early 80s; with PAD's late 80s - mid 90s run; part ofBruce Jones' run; Pak's first run; and now with Ewing!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Batman #54
    Avengers #7
    Justice League #7
    Thanos Legacy #1
    Captain America #3
    Immortal Hulk #5
    The Dreaming #1
    Walking Dead #183
    Paper Girls #24

This is magical!

I think part of the reason that the Hulk movie's script got so weird is that they kind of tried to fit "David" Banner a bit into the plots from earlier drafts-I think David Hayter's version, for instance, featured the Leader and Absorbing Man as the main villains. That's kind of why in the finished film you see David undercover as a janitor I think, and the Absorbing part of course speaks for itself. They just kind of took the three and awkwardly put them together.

Too bad the Hulk's rogues gallery in the MCU got kind of messed up; Ross is pretty much more affiliated the Avengers now, Talbot and Creel with Agents of SHIELD (Although Creel was never really "just" a Hulk villain) Abomination and Leader are kind of in limbo etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth