Page 196 of 237 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Well said. It sold well with Lee's Tales to Astonish/Incredible Hulk vol2.; with part of Mantlo's run in the early 80s; with PAD's late 80s - mid 90s run; part ofBruce Jones' run; Pak's first run; and now with Ewing!
    Thanks.

Although I thought the pacing of Bruce Jones' run was dreadful, I did like some of his additions. I think I'm one of the few that liked his Bruce Banner having the ability to use some of his Hulk's power. I also liked his Absorbing Man. I like when characters find inventive ways to use their ability, and in that story Crusher Creel did.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think part of the reason that the Hulk movie's script got so weird is that they kind of tried to fit "David" Banner a bit into the plots from earlier drafts-I think David Hayter's version, for instance, featured the Leader and Absorbing Man as the main villains. That's kind of why in the finished film you see David undercover as a janitor I think, and the Absorbing part of course speaks for itself. They just kind of took the three and awkwardly put them together.

Too bad the Hulk's rogues gallery in the MCU got kind of messed up; Ross is pretty much more affiliated the Avengers now, Talbot and Creel with Agents of SHIELD (Although Creel was never really "just" a Hulk villain) Abomination and Leader are kind of in limbo etc.
    I wish Angels Lee's Hulk didn't stray too far from the original concept of the character. For me, if Superman's origin is intrinsically linked to him being an alien that came to earth from a dying planet, then Hulk's origin is intrinsically linked to his father, radiation and an abusive home causing the death of his mother. How much needs to be shown is up to the studio.

I'm not sure of the agreements on who has rights to the use of characters across the different media, but I believed first appearances had something to do with it.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

BANNED

Concerning the movies in the MCU, I think he became joke, irrelevant character...

I wish we'd have got the tv series by Del Toro instead around 2012/2013. Too bad marvel gave up on that; it would have been great and certainly would have the horror tone.

I have hopes we will have something like that in the future.

BANNED

Immortal Hulk #5 was great! Best issue thus far, and that's saying quite a bit given the high caliber of the first 4 issues of the series. It was full of intense action, had some startling twists and revelations, and it had a cliffhanger of a last page that left me (and the probably the rest of us) wanting more!

I often chat with four of my best and greatest Hulk buddies over Twitter about all the infinite possibilities, discussing theories and everything and anything involving the character. We all agree that it's a blessing to have a genuinely great Hulk/Banner ongoing after enduring 7 years of mediocrity and utter disappointments. And we all know for certain that Mr. Al Ewing has some truly MASSIVE plans for THE IMMORTAL HULK!!!

It's quite thrilling to anticipate each issue or two that comes out every month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Immortal Hulk #5 was great! Best issue thus far, and that's saying quite a bit given the high caliber of the first 4 issues of the series. It was full of intense action, had some startling twists and revelations, and it had a cliffhanger of a last page that left me (and the probably the rest of us) wanting more!

I often chat with four of my best and greatest Hulk buddies over Twitter about all the infinite possibilities, discussing theories and everything and anything involving the character. We all agree that it's a blessing to have a genuinely great Hulk/Banner ongoing after enduring 7 years of mediocrity and utter disappointments. And we all know for certain that Mr. Al Ewing has some truly MASSIVE plans for THE IMMORTAL HULK!!!

It's quite thrilling to anticipate each issue or two that comes out every month.
    That's true! We haven't had that feeling in almost a decade!

And that art...Beautiful!

BANNED

HULK - Transformation - XM Studios

BANNED

PLANET HULK - Rags Morales (1st); Gustavo Duarte (2nd); Ryan Ottley (3rd)

BANNED

INCREDIBLE HULK - Jim Cheung

Concerning the movies in the MCU, I think he became joke, irrelevant character...

I wish we'd have got the tv series by Del Toro instead around 2012/2013. Too bad marvel gave up on that; it would have been great and certainly would have the horror tone.

I have hopes we will have something like that in the future.
    I think you and I were the two of the biggest fans of the Del Toro television show idea at that time. I would still like to see it happen, but I'd prefer it to be outside the movie universe, this way maybe we can get a Gamma Bomb this time around. I actually like the tone of the 70's show and I think it's close to what Ewing is bringing. A show works for a character like Hulk that is too complex to get over in a two hour movie.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

It was definitely the most action packed. But what made it that much better is that the story was top quality. I haven't anticipated any Hulk book since Greg Pak's last storyline "Heart of the Monster."

Mike Deodato Jr's Hulk design is one of my favorites. I just think he draws him a little too tall, otherwise it's near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Mike Deodato Jr's Hulk design is one of my favorites. I just think he draws him a little too tall, otherwise it's near perfect.
    I would need a picture of him standing next to other heroes to judge, do you have one where he is standing up?

I like the size of the Hulk from FF #25 cover. He is just the right size over Ben in my opinion.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I would need a picture of him standing next to other heroes to judge, do you have one where he is standing up?

I like the size of the Hulk from FF #25 cover. He is just the right size over Ben in my opinion.
    883254.jpg

883254.jpg

He's the size of Ang Lee's maxed out Hulk.

BANNED

INCREDIBLE HULK - Jim Cheung

Jim Cheung's Hulk is outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I think you and I were the two of the biggest fans of the Del Toro television show idea at that time. I would still like to see it happen, but I'd prefer it to be outside the movie universe, this way maybe we can get a Gamma Bomb this time around. I actually like the tone of the 70's show and I think it's close to what Ewing is bringing. A show works for a character like Hulk that is too complex to get over in a two hour movie.
    I remember that! Oh, I couldn't agree more: it needs to be outside the MCU; the character has too many possibilities and interpretations to be represented properly in a popcorn movie (as good as it might be).

Jim Cheung's Hulk is outstanding!

I remember that! Oh, I couldn't agree more: it needs to be outside the MCU; the character has too many possibilities and interpretations to be represented properly in a popcorn movie (as good as it might be).
    The MCU has destroyed anything good that could come out of him at this point. While Hulk has had his moments, he is not even portrayed close to what he should have been on film.

About Hulk's height 7'2" should be max in all media. That's tall enough. The early Kirby size is good.