Page 197 of 237 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3547

so now that Hulk has Sasquatch's gamma energy, how does that affect his power levels? does it eventually wear off? is he more super-strong? any other powers enhanced? (astral vision, water breathing, etc.?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so now that Hulk has Sasquatch's gamma energy, how does that affect his power levels? does it eventually wear off? is he more super-strong? any other powers enhanced? (astral vision, water breathing, etc.?)
    It only makes sense that Banner should have been the one with this ability, directly absorbing gamma radiation from an explosion is what bought out Hulk. With that said, Hulk made mention that absorbing gamma makes him stronger after he absorbed Sasquatch's, but keep in mind he also absorbed General Robert Maverick, the "fake" Red Hulk as well. We don't know enough to say what happens other than it makes him stronger..
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    It only makes sense that Banner should have been the one with this ability, directly absorbing gamma radiation from an explosion is what bought out Hulk. With that said, Hulk made mention that absorbing gamma makes him stronger after he absorbed Sasquatch's, but keep in mind he also absorbed General Robert Maverick, the "fake" Red Hulk as well. We don't know enough to say what happens other than it makes him stronger..
    What would 'Stronger' even be? Hulk's had strength levels from throwing a jeep to Cracking the earth with a footstep. They've already put him on that 'strength of infinity with no top end' category... so I'm not even sure what the point would be to having him absorb more power. It's just redundant.

And yeah... Absorbing Gamma makes so much sense. If anything the way Brian always thought Bruce was a Mutant... that would make so much sense if Absorbing Gamma to make himself stronger WAS his mutant power. It would have activated as a teen.... but without a huge influx of gamma energy... how would anyone ever have known :P

Reminds me of Rising Stars years back when one kid learns he can fly and nobody had even considered the possibility... the next week ALL the kids started trying and half could fly, while half ended up in the infirmary with broken bones

BANNED

Good question! Hopefully we'll get some answers in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    What would 'Stronger' even be? Hulk's had strength levels from throwing a jeep to Cracking the earth with a footstep. They've already put him on that 'strength of infinity with no top end' category... so I'm not even sure what the point would be to having him absorb more power. It's just redundant.

And yeah... Absorbing Gamma makes so much sense. If anything the way Brian always thought Bruce was a Mutant... that would make so much sense if Absorbing Gamma to make himself stronger WAS his mutant power. It would have activated as a teen.... but without a huge influx of gamma energy... how would anyone ever have known :P

Reminds me of Rising Stars years back when one kid learns he can fly and nobody had even considered the possibility... the next week ALL the kids started trying and half could fly, while half ended up in the infirmary with broken bones
    I see the gamma absorbing power increasing his base strength. If we look at some examples, Maestro was twice as strong as the Merged Hulk because he absorbed so much radiation as the years passed. The Green Scar came to earth much more powerful, not only because he was so angry, but because he absorbed the radiation from the explosion of the warp core from the ship; Greg Pak confirmed it. That's my view on this.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

As Sasquatch mentioned, it's Hulk's base level that changes. His ability to get stronger should still be part of that dynamic. Worldbreaker power level was achieved more from the emotion of hurt than anger. It was betrayal from his "friends" earth and alien that flipped him out.

If Marvel is neglecting the Banner particles that Greg Pak added to the lore, then that does take us back to the question of whether Banner is a mutant or not. As a youth, I struggled to try to make it make sense. There must be an x-factor that allows Banner to absorb radiation and become the Hulk, otherwise, he's the definition of a mutant.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Amazing Member

One of my two nitpicks I have with this run so far (although I LOVE it in general) is that the Hulk didn't simply absorb Hotshot's gamma blast. It should have made him stronger. The hole healing up was a cool visual, but still... it shouldn't have hurt him. If it has been explained elsewhere how Hotshot's gamma blasts damaged instead of strengthened the Hulk, please clue me in.

My other nitpick is when the crook from the first story referred to the revolver having a safety. Stuff like that makes me groan.

Quote Originally Posted by madeforTV View Post
    One of my two nitpicks I have with this run so far (although I LOVE it in general) is that the Hulk didn't simply absorb Hotshot's gamma blast. It should have made him stronger. The hole healing up was a cool visual, but still... it shouldn't have hurt him. If it has been explained elsewhere how Hotshot's gamma blasts damaged instead of strengthened the Hulk, please clue me in.

My other nitpick is when the crook from the first story referred to the revolver having a safety. Stuff like that makes me groan.
    Hotshot doesn't shoot gamma radiation, he shoots energy bolts and calls himself the "Living Laser". Like Hulk, it was said the madder he got the stronger he got. Must be a Gamma-affected being thing.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-10-2018 at 08:28 PM.

BANNED

Healing that from hole in his chest was one of the best durability/healing factors of the Hulk, and his face was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Healing that from hole in his chest was one of the best durability/healing factors of the Hulk, and his face was priceless.
    Yes it was! One of the aspects about Hulk that is overlooked is that he is technically a "monster" of some sorts. Sad thing is when Marvel in the past tried to address it, they missed the point or failed. John Byrne's second run and Bruce Jones runs tried to bring back the "Monster. Having Hulk do things that only a "Gamma-affected Monster" can do should be part of his character.

Ross's Red Hulk had a similar ability I think. Used it to "cure" Hulk and later the Leader around the time of Dark Reign.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Yes it was! One of the aspects about Hulk that is overlooked is that he is technically a "monster" of some sorts. Sad thing is when Marvel in the past tried to address it, they missed the point or failed. John Byrne's second run and Bruce Jones runs tried to bring back the "Monster. Having Hulk do things that only a "Gamma-affected Monster" can do should be part of his character.
    Yeah, I remember we talked a lot about the monster aspect in the past over the comicboards!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Ross's Red Hulk had a similar ability I think. Used it to "cure" Hulk and later the Leader around the time of Dark Reign.
    He could absorb energy to "get hotter", LOL. Banner turned off that ability later during the Jeff Parker's great run in (Red) Hulk.

The enhanced Hulk should have a rematch with Zeus so that they can have more of a proper battle royal.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I actually liked that Red Hulk could do that. I just don't think it should be so easily accomplished. I hate when characters lose an effective power.

The enhanced Hulk should have a rematch with Zeus so that they can have more of a proper battle royal.
    I'd love to see Hulk face foes that start off at levels that he has to work hard to reach. I hope Challenger will become one such opponent.

I'd love to see Hulk face foes that start off at levels that he has to work hard to reach. I hope Challenger will become one such opponent.
    I definitely miss stories like this, Hulk put up against some cosmic powerhouse, superpowered army, doomsday device, or eldritch horror with nothing but rage and stubbornness to see him through.

And no plot device outs either.

BANNED

I believe we'll have a lot of that, starting with supernatural threats!