Page 200 of 237 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3547
    BANNED

And since We're talking about horror, this is a fantastic article from the biggest (and best) page about horror:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/editor...-monster-fans/

]If you’re looking for stories that feature supernatural, psychological, or even cosmic horror than Immortal Hulk is definitely the series for you.
    That's another proof that the word of mouth has been great!

*There are some nice words about Weapon H too. Another great comic. It seems the "Hulks" are in avery good shape.*

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    And since We're talking about horror, this is a fantastic article from the biggest (and best) page about horror:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/editor...-monster-fans/

That's another proof that the word of mouth has been great!

*There are some nice words about Weapon H too. Another great comic. It seems the "Hulks" are in avery good shape.*
    I'm a fan of both books right now. Marvel Comics for many years has been missing the opportunity to build a great mythos around Gamma-Affected Beings, in favor of inconsistency. From the time of Hulk's beginnings to the end of PAD's run, there was some fluidity to the way gamma reacted on a person that could survive the radiation. It was all made a farce shortly after. Now Marvel has a chance to come up with something interesting and unique with all Gamma-Affected Beings. I just hope it's good and that it'll stick.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-15-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    By the way Hulk fans what was the first Incredible Hulk issue you bought?
    Mine's funny to describe; it falls under "first ever", "first remembered", and "first in collecting".

First ever?
    HULK #270.
    5 years old; don't remember wanting it, getting it, reading it...nada. But my parents have a picture of me proudly holding it, so I guess that would be the one.

First Remembered?
    HULK #296.
    I remember flipping thru this at the grocery store and WANTING IT. The Hulk on crutches, fighting an old Hulk...

First in Collecting?
    HULK #323.
    Long story, but I have a soft spot for issues #321-323.

He truly is a fascinating, complex character. As I say a lot, with him the possibilities are endless.

Btw, great issue!

Mine was Incredible Hulk #328; one of these Hulk comics that make you think!

[img]https://s2.gifyu.com/images/Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_328.jpg[img]

Indeed, you can use the character in a lot of settings and psychological/horror is one of the best for him in my opinion.

If I remember correctly, that's the first Incredible Hulk issue Peter David wrote! That scene where Banner was stuck between his human form and his Hulk form was really terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    With all the psychology going on, Samson is bound to show up.

It's funny, Superman and Green Lantern were my first favorite comic book characters. Once the Incredible Hulk television show came out, that quickly changed. I inherited most of my first Hulk comics from a family member, but the first one I bought was issue #326.

Attachment 70828

This is strong storytelling!

Another great issue to start reading the hulk, on top of the great story by Migrom, Steve Geigers also did a really good job on this issue especially with those 2 pages:

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    My first issue, Hulk #151

[img]https://goo.gl/images/dndNjf[img]
    And another good issue with some great horror vibes and if I'm not mistaken shortly after this issue the trial of the Hulk started.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Mine's funny to describe; it falls under "first ever", "first remembered", and "first in collecting".

First ever?
    HULK #270.
    5 years old; don't remember wanting it, getting it, reading it...nada. But my parents have a picture of me proudly holding it, so I guess that would be the one.

First Remembered?
    HULK #296.
    I remember flipping thru this at the grocery store and WANTING IT. The Hulk on crutches, fighting an old Hulk...

First in Collecting?
    HULK #323.
    Long story, but I have a soft spot for issues #321-323.
    Great post! Hulk #270 had a lot of great fights and the art by Sal Buscema was nice. That old hulk in Hulk #296 was really scary lol, but the cherry on the cake was the appearance of Rom for me (I love this guy)! Hulk #323 was another good issue, I especially loved the scene where Vision re-merges Banner and the Hulk but as a result he's overwhelmed by the Hulk's rage!

Also nice username, I love McFarlane's Hulk too!

BANNED

Talking about the first issue remembered, it was Incredible Hulk #272. It's (surprise, surprise!) another issue with a horror tone, and a landmark in the character's life: Banner took control of the Hulk's body!

I only read it years later, and it became one of my favorite comics ever.

BANNED

Another great review of Immortal Hulk #5:
    htttp://blacknerdproblems.com/the-immortal-hulk-5-review/
    (8.4/10)

* I know you guys are probably tired of my posts*

Indeed, you can use the character in a lot of settings and psychological/horror is one of the best for him in my opinion.

If I remember correctly, that's the first Incredible Hulk issue Peter David wrote! That scene where Banner was stuck between his human form and his Hulk form was really terrifying.

Another great issue to start reading the hulk, on top of the great story by Migrom, Steve Geigers also did a really good job on this issue especially with those 2 pages:

And another good issue with some great horror vibes and if I'm not mistaken shortly after this issue the trial of the Hulk started.

Great post! Hulk #270 had a lot of great fights and the art by Sal Buscema was nice. That old hulk in Hulk #296 was really scary lol, but the cherry on the cake was the appearance of Rom for me (I love this guy)! Hulk #323 was another good issue, I especially loved the scene where Vision re-merges Banner and the Hulk but as a result he's overwhelmed by the Hulk's rage!

Also nice username, I love McFarlane's Hulk too!
    Steve Geiger's Grey Hulk is one of my favorite designs. If Al Milgrom wrote his entire run in the tone he did his last three issues, it would have been memorable. He had a really good psychological horror theme story going on in his last few issues.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-16-2018 at 06:54 AM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Talking about the first issue remembered, it was Incredible Hulk #272. It's (surprise, surprise!) another issue with a horror tone, and a landmark in the character's life: Banner took control of the Hulk's body!

I only read it years later, and it became one of my favorite comics ever.
    Now I understand why you're a fan a Sasquatch! But seriously it was a terrific issue, and now I want to see the Wendigo appears in the Immortal Hulk serie too!
    The scene where Bruce finds all those skeletons in that wood cabin and then he turns around and see the Wendigo ready to eat him too was just perfect Such a great job by Mantlo and Sal Buscema

Another great review of Immortal Hulk #5:
    htttp://blacknerdproblems.com/the-immortal-hulk-5-review/
    (8.4/10)

* I know you guys are probably tired of my posts*
    Nah, I'm quite happy to see so many good reviews and that article you posted earlier was really interesting so thank you

Steve Geiger's Grey Hulk is one of my favorite designs. If Al Milgrom wrote his entire run in the tone he did his last three issues, it would have been memorable. He had a really good psychological horror theme story going on in his last few issues.
    Yeah his Grey Hulk looks really good and it's a shame he didn't draw a lot of Hulk issues (only 10 I think). You're right Milgrom run was really uneven unfortunately, at least the transition between his last issue and the beginning of Peter David's run was seamless.

My favorite Grey Hulk artist would be Todd McFarlane.

Now I understand why you're a fan a Sasquatch! But seriously it was a terrific issue, and now I want to see the Wendigo appears in the Immortal Hulk serie too!
    The scene where Bruce finds all those skeletons in that wood cabin and then he turns around and see the Wendigo ready to eat him too was just perfect Such a great job by Mantlo and Sal Buscema

Nah, I'm quite happy to see so many good reviews and that article you posted earlier was really interesting so thank you

Yeah his Grey Hulk looks really good and it's a shame he didn't draw a lot of Hulk issues (only 10 I think). You're right Milgrom run was really uneven unfortunately, at least the transition between his last issue and the beginning of Peter David's run was seamless.

My favorite Grey Hulk artist would be Todd McFarlane.
    Steve Geiger only did three or four issues that I remember. You may be adding in Al Milgrom's issues. Todd McFarlane left the Hulk before he started getting into his own unique style. But I was a fan.

Hulk foe Wendigo in Avengers #7.

This issue focussed on a story about a million years in the past. The story is about the origin of both Wendigo and Ghost Rider. The character of Wendigo is very werewolfish in his characterization. He has a human form, but can transform into his Wendigo form seemingly at will...and oh yeah, he thinks he's "the Strongest One There Is." He also has the ability to speak normally in this form.

I wonder with C.B. Cebulski being the new Editor in Chief, will we have a more cohesive Marvel Comics Universe? Will themes in stories cross over into the MU in general? Will this new Wendigo revelation play into Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk run?

Steve Geiger only did three or four issues that I remember. You may be adding in Al Milgrom's issues. Todd McFarlane left the Hulk before he started getting into his own unique style. But I was a fan.
    Oops my bad, I thought he did more issues. Yeah you could see glimpses of his future style but even at the time I found some of his drawings of the grey Hulk just beautiful:

Hulk foe Wendigo in Avengers #7.

This issue focussed on a story about a million years in the past. The story is about the origin of both Wendigo and Ghost Rider. The character of Wendigo is very werewolfish in his characterization. He has a human form, but can transform into his Wendigo form seemingly at will...and oh yeah, he thinks he's "the Strongest One There Is." He also has the ability to speak normally in this form.

I wonder with C.B. Cebulski being the new Editor in Chief, will we have a more cohesive Marvel Comics Universe? Will themes in stories cross over into the MU in general? Will this new Wendigo revelation play into Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk run?
    I was really surprised by the Wendigo appearance here, it really seems the 1 million B.C Avengers stories will have big consequences for many characters and not just for the Avengers (something related to Wolverine will be revealed in the November issue for example) so I wouldn't be surprised if this new development will have consequences for future stories involving the Wendigo.

Now I want to know what happened to this Wendigo!

BANNED

Only 2 days until Immortal Hulk #6, bit it seems like 2 weeks...

BANNED

Immortal Hulk making news even in one of Brazil's biggest newspapers (it's in portuguese, of course):

https://cultura.estadao.com.br/notic...ng,70002503933

Oops my bad, I thought he did more issues. Yeah you could see glimpses of his future style but even at the time I found some of his drawings of the grey Hulk just beautiful:

I was really surprised by the Wendigo appearance here, it really seems the 1 million B.C Avengers stories will have big consequences for many characters and not just for the Avengers (something related to Wolverine will be revealed in the November issue for example) so I wouldn't be surprised if this new development will have consequences for future stories involving the Wendigo.

Now I want to know what happened to this Wendigo!
    I was surprised to see Wendigo in there too. As a fan of him as a Hulk foe, I hope that he becomes more of a threat to Hulk as he once was. He's one of the few characters that Hulk has not definitively beaten one on one. I'm not sure what happened to the character in that tale, but hopefully he's still around. Wendigo is one of those characters that need the mythos fleshed out (no pun intended).

Only 2 days until Immortal Hulk #6, bit it seems like 2 weeks...
    One day closer.