Page 21 of 237 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Doc Green Hulk Unleashed

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Doc Green Hulk Unleashed

Dang! Is that Bagley? Looks like a McGuinness Hulk...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Yep, that's Mark Bagley. It's from Original Sin: Hulk vs. Iron Man #3.

By the way, did you see the new Carlo Pagulayan's Hulk Pics I posted in the previous page?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    That silly Bagley face is obscured.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Yep, that's Mark Bagley. It's from Original Sin: Hulk vs. Iron Man #3.

By the way, did you see the new Carlo Pagulayan's Hulk Pics I posted in the previous page?
    Those were new-new?? Wish he'd come back to the book...

Tales to Astonish #62
    Cover Date:
    December 1964
    Sale Date: September 1st, 1964
    Writer: Stan Lee
    Artist: Steve Ditko
    Inker: George Roussos
    Letterer: Sam Rosen
    Colorist: Uncredited

“Enter…the Chameleon”

Storyline: Continuing directly from last issue, General “Thunderbolt” Ross has the Hulk shackled in unbreakable chains, not knowing that the Hulk is beginning his metamorphosis back into Bruce Banner. Meanwhile, a mysterious figure is in communication with the villainous master of disguise, the Chameleon. His orders are to find the agent that our mystery man had sent to Ross’ base. In another part of the country, Rick Jones, absent from the start of the TTA run, is letting Captain America know that he is leaving to help his beleaguered friend, the Hulk. After both characters charter their flight to New Mexico, fate has both Rick and Chameleon (in disguise) sitting next to each other, their destinations one and the same. Back at the base, the trio of Major Talbot, Betty & “Thunderbolt” Ross are in talks over Banner’s disappearance. The arrival of Rick Jones comforts Betty long enough about the missing Banner, and Rick tries sneaking into the guarded area, only to be chased away by Talbot. The Chameleon, however, has also arrived on base, and completed his disguise as General Ross, and vainly tries to barter with the Green Goliath about setting him free. Knowing that it isn’t safe to talk in the open, the Chameleon Ross orders the MP away for more privacy. With his back turned, the transformation finally begins and a slender Bruce Banner escapes from the shackles. The fleeing scientist is spotted by Rick and the two hide from a search patrol while outside, the Chameleon returns with a canister of acid to melt the chains – only to discover the Hulk has escaped. Later, Ross is informed of the Hulk’s escape and of his imposter. Banner appears and bickers with Major Talbot about his disappearance. After leaving the office in a huff, the Chameleon overpowers Banner in his lab. He decides that since he cannot find any information about the missing agent, he can do better by stealing secrets disguised as Banner himself. He comes across a Gamma Grenade proto-type when Betty Ross enters the room. Gruffly trying to brush her off backfires, and Betty realizes that the Chameleon is not Bruce Banner. In the nearby room, the real Bruce Banner transforms into the Hulk and crashes into Banner’s lab. Using Betty as a hostage, the Chameleon threatens to detonate the Gamma Grenade against the Hulk. Before he can decide on a plan of action, the Hulk notices a patrol headed their way. Not wanting to be chained again, the Hulk crashes out of the building and leads the patrol away from Betty and the Chameleon. Believing he’s fended off the Hulk, the Chameleon takes down Major Talbot and comes across a rocket speed sled, the ideal thing to hide “a meddling female in!” In quick succession, the Hulk rescues Betty, traps the Chameleon and makes short work of an oncoming Army patrol. In desperation, the Chameleon tosses the Gamma Grenade, but the Hulk hurls himself over the device, taking the brunt of the impact, absorbing the gamma radiation and saving the base. This causes the metamorphosis back into Banner, and he escapes into the night. Later on, Banner is cleared of any charges of kidnapping, thanks to Betty’s testimony. However, the suspicion between Banner, Talbot and Ross begins to rise higher, and we close out with the mysterious figure from the beginning of the story identifying himself as the Leader.

Key Characters: Cameo appearance of the Leader.

Historical Notes: Technically, the first appearance of the Leader and the first Humanoid, but we don’t see either in their more well known models.
    Personal Thoughts: Same as before. But just looking back on this issue and trying to type of this synopsis – it’s dense. There’s a lot going on in the first part of the story. Granted, it’s because Stan & Steve had to cram a story into 10 pages, but it flows nicely. My only nitpicks are Betty and Rick; how did Rick know of the Hulk’s current transformation status, if it was made aware by Banner himself two issues ago? Betty is a broken record, and will be for the next several years, with her constant “Oh, where is Bruce? Oh Dad, don’t be so unfair.” Ugh.

Definitely my favorite character of all time, I even have all the Jeph Loeb issues of pain.... I still dont understand what editor was like WendiHulk this is a great idea! It makes no sense that he never turned the other 50 times he fought him but yes this time...perfect.

Favorite Hulk Writers 1. Peter David 2. Paul Jenkins 3. Greg Pak

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    Definitely my favorite character of all time, I even have all the Jeph Loeb issues of pain.... I still dont understand what editor was like WendiHulk this is a great idea! It makes no sense that he never turned the other 50 times he fought him but yes this time...perfect.

Favorite Hulk Writers 1. Peter David 2. Paul Jenkins 3. Greg Pak
    Ugh..Loeb + Hulk = dropped title.
    People bitch about Bruce Jones, Mark Waid...those writers never had me contemplating on dropping the book. Loeb took that to another level and for the first time in 30+ years, I willingly looked at a Hulk book and went, "$%# NO!!"

I wanted to ask the Hulk fans/experts a question. I'm a HUGE Doc Samson fan and I have all of his earlier appearances. I remember one were Bruce Banner actually cured himself from being the Hulk. He was cured. Done with being the Hulk, but he saw Betty with Doc Samson and got so jealous. He turned himself back into the Hulk. Is this still canon? Am I remembering what happened right? I'm pretty sure I am, but I wanted to make sure.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

I refuse to call the Professor - Doc Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I wanted to ask the Hulk fans/experts a question. I'm a HUGE Doc Samson fan and I have all of his earlier appearances. I remember one were Bruce Banner actually cured himself from being the Hulk. He was cured. Done with being the Hulk, but he saw Betty with Doc Samson and got so jealous. He turned himself back into the Hulk. Is this still canon? Am I remembering what happened right? I'm pretty sure I am, but I wanted to make sure.
    Yup! HULK #141...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    I refuse to call the Professor - Doc Green.
    Does anybody else think of back to the future when they hear that name?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

This is for long time readers or those who read Future Imperfect (If your Hulk fan this is a must read), do you think we will ever get the Wildman character?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    This is for long time readers or those who read Future Imperfect (If your Hulk fan this is a must read), do you think we will ever get the Wildman character?
    Doubtful. I barely remember what PAD had in mind for the character.

Wow.
    So someone on John Byrne's message board asked him about his second Hulk run in `99 was so short.
    Two word answer and thread locked. Now I really wanna know what happened...

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...N=1&totPosts=1