Page 216 of 237 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post

They really had to use Helios! It was cool because it was a huge solid laser with a lot of UV rays, which would certainly weaken a Hulk who only comes out at night (much like the Grey Hulk). Also, as Panther observed that, if not for the drones launching sunlight constantly, the Hulk would come back rested and stronger; it wouldn't be pretty for them.

Another thing to note, as some have mentioned, is that Brian Banner really brings the worst from everyone who's close to him!
    so what exactly is this device, who built it, and if the heroes can use this casually against a teammate, then what's going to happen if/when a villain gets hold of it? It is a disaster waiting to happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what exactly is this device, who built it, and if the heroes can use this casually against a teammate, then what's going to happen if/when a villain gets hold of it? It is a disaster waiting to happen.
    They didn't casually use it. It was a last ditch effort.

And there's hundreds of deadly weapons in the MU that would be incredibly dangerous in the hands of criminals or villains.

How so, Ptrvc?
    Well there is the whole going to hell thing, like GrandEleven mentioned.

But also just the way he keeps embracing the moniker, even before Brian hitched a ride. It just seems like we're going to see a moment of dramatic irony here.

But al

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Reminded me a bit of when the red hulk was almost one shot ting people to make him look super bad

I wasn't keen on that as I think it belittled some characters

I don't think this was the purpose here, but I do think it had much the same effect

I actually think this low balled the avengers to some extent, well with their namor showing also

Best go find the wrecking crew, see if they can last a few more rounds
    Not really. Sometimes I think people use that "excuse"too much. Hulk has given whole teams of heroes a hard time since the 60s. He stalemate and sometimes overpowered the Fantastic Four and The Avengers in those early days.

A mindless Hulk (separated from Banner) was overpowering the team of powerhouses Hercules, Namor, Wonder Man, Iron Man, and later, Doc. Samson and She-Hulk. They only got the upper hand when he started to get weak an sick as a result of the separation (both him and Banner were dying).
    Another mindless Hulk stalemated another team of Avengers, and to avoid a tragedy, Dr. Strange had to exile him to the crossroads.

Following that, he overpowered Alpha Flight when he came back.

There are more examples. But WWH was the biggest of them. Hulk was winning agains teams of avengers, FF and more, a zom possessed Strange and could only be matched by an out of control Sentry. Let's not even mention that, minutes after that (when they both knocked each other) Hulk turned into the world breaker, a much more powerful incarnation.
    Also, during WWH, he was defeating entire teams of X-Men and members of X-Force together.

Lately, this new incarnation, Immortal Hulk, couldn't be stopped by teams of Avengers, he easily went through them.

And now, we had that last fight.

So, if that's lowballing teams, Hulk has a life of doing it. Or it could be that he's THAT powerful; specially this incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    They didn't casually use it. It was a last ditch effort.

And there's hundreds of deadly weapons in the MU that would be incredibly dangerous in the hands of criminals or villains.
    Exactly!

Astonishing Member

Not really. Sometimes I think people use that "excuse"too much. Hulk has given whole teams of heroes a hard time since the 60s. He stalemate and sometimes overpowered the Fantastic Four and The Avengers in those early days.

A mindless Hulk (separated from Banner) was overpowering the team of powerhouses Hercules, Namor, Wonder Man, Iron Man, and later, Doc. Samson and She-Hulk. They only got the upper hand when he started to get weak an sick as a result of the separation (both him and Banner were dying).
    Another mindless Hulk stalemated another team of Avengers, and to avoid a tragedy, Dr. Strange had to exile him to the crossroads.

There are more examples. But WWH was the biggest of them. Hulk was winning agains teams of avengers, FF and more, a zom possessed Strange and could only be matched by an out of control Sentry. Let's not even mention that, minutes after that (when they both knocked each other) Hulk turned into the world breaker, a much more powerful incarnation.
    Also, during WWH, he was defeating entire teams of X-Men and members of X-Force together.

Lately, this new incarnation, Immortal Hulk, couldn't be stopped by teams of Avengers, he easily went through them.

So, if that's lowballing teams, Hulk has a life of doing it. Or it could be that he's THAT powerful; specially this incarnation.

Exactly!
    Well he has engaged full teams before, I dont have a problem with that

it was the ease of the physical defeat I felt was a low ball, which of course was intended

in the past its always seemed a titanic struggle, this was a squash match imo

which I felt undersold how powerful this team is supposed to be

Sure it's to sell his strength, but a huge, protracted battle with the team could have done that too without the low ball effect I feel it gave

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Well he has engaged full teams before, I dont have a problem with that

it was the ease of the physical defeat I felt was a low ball, which of course was intended

in the past its always seemed a titanic struggle, this was a squash match imo

which I felt undersold how powerful this team is supposed to be

Sure it's to sell his strength, but a huge, protracted battle with the team could have done that too without the low ball effect I feel it gave
    I understand your points.

And now comes the worst part.

The waiting.

Too bad they couldn't get Issue #8 released a week early. I feel like the date would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    And now comes the worst part.

The waiting.

Too bad they couldn't get Issue #8 released a week early. I feel like the date would be appropriate.
    Exactly! Especially with that cliffhanger! It will be interesting to see how he gets out of this.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BLOWN AWAY! This is one of the best comic runs I have ever read; EVER! I am almost at a loss for words regarding how awesome this latest incarnation of the Hulk is. This writer needs to not just have a long run, but a legendary run! I normally only give a rating in relation to 5 stars, for this issue though, 10 out of 10 stars! I am breathless, hope to write more in the future after I come down off of this Hulk-High I am on.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

All-New Member

Exactly!
    For the record, I wouldn't say he was overpowering them in the sense that they were holding back. For example later on, I remember when one of the Avengers was seriously in trouble Herc stepped up and knocked Hulk down saying something like fighting was one thing but he wouldn't let Hulk kill anyone and when there was a temporary decision to kill Hulk because he was split from Banner, Herc noted he was ready to not hold back...I got the feeling that if Herc had been enraged rather than happily in battle Herc alone could have stood up to him..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by soxtalon View Post
    For the record, I wouldn't say he was overpowering them in the sense that they were holding back. For example later on, I remember when one of the Avengers was seriously in trouble Herc stepped up and knocked Hulk down saying something like fighting was one thing but he wouldn't let Hulk kill anyone and when there was a temporary decision to kill Hulk because he was split from Banner, Herc noted he was ready to not hold back...I got the feeling that if Herc had been enraged rather than happily in battle Herc alone could have stood up to him..
    Whilst herc did get thrown that's just lifting his mass

At no point did I get the impression he was out of his depth against the separated hulk, in fact he seemed to be enjoying it

So the cliffhanger at the end of Immortal Hulk# 7, so is he now like Deadpool ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Funny how there were all these articles going on about how Jen was stronger than the Hulk. Then this issue comes out, and everybody just makes a reference to the speech Hulk made, and not that he straight up caught her punch and was shown easily matching an enraged She-Huk before even opening his mouth.

Funny that.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    So the cliffhanger at the end of Immortal Hulk# 7, so is he now like Deadpool ?.
    Technically this has been a thing since PAD, though Ewing is the first to explicitly state the Hulk is immortal, and show it repeatedly on panel, rather than simply have the Maestro regenerate, and make repeated references to Hulk being unkillable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Exactly! Especially with that cliffhanger! It will be interesting to see how he gets out of this.
    spoilers:
    I think either he managed to reattach himself or each organ/limb will regenerate on their own which will create several Hulks running around in Shadow base lol. Thinking about it that would be really terrifying
    end of spoilers