Page 226 of 237 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Dr Clive, another nod to the old tv series

I'm trade waiting on this and I cannot wait, keeps looking fantastic
    If you're trade waiting I'd recommend staying off this thread, to avoid spoilers. There have been some great twists and turns in this run.

Gotta say, Ewing's take on Carol Danvers is the first time I've enjoyed her in as long as I can remember.

Admittedly, that's her playing the well-meaning but ultimately obstructive bureaucrat.

Also, not sure if Ewing is doing this intentionally, but I'm getting early Thunderbolt Ross vibes from her (more than Fortean who is rather distinct.)

Telling Sasquatch to walk, then taking Walter back when he's depowered. Carol strikes me as someone who has definite problems with people who are out of her control, be it through operating independently, or being stronger than she is.

Hence her problem with Doctor Banner.

On a weird note...Hulk is now immortal and given his powr level now simple adamantium won't...ehhh..cut it anymore. But oddly enough Wolverinetoo came back from the dead...with flaming claws..as claws that can cauterize wounds?
    Really these two polite gentlemen are really tied in WEIRD way, be it intentionally or not. They are like the Tom and Jerry of Marvel Universe.

BANNED

One of the things I loved the most was :spoilers:
    the Hulk letting them experiment with himself to discover what he can do!
    end of spoilers That's a mean Hulk!

BANNED

Well there is battle thread that's happening on another forum between Immortal vs Supes , Thor(worthy) and WW . His current durability and healing factor fts are totally no selling to this three right now .
    And salty DC fans have made through 200 comments just for the sake of fan boy toxicity within 4 hours . LOL

Fictional dick measuring is the lowest form of communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Fictional dick measuring is the lowest form of communication.
    Bah! Hulk is strongest one there is!

Edit: Though biswaboxz I believe it's frowned upon to bring up threads on other forums, particularly battle threads. Used to cause drama back in the day.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 11-07-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    If you're trade waiting I'd recommend staying off this thread, to avoid spoilers. There have been some great twists and turns in this run.
    That's all good, I'm totally okay knowing what's happening, and thus thread is great

After this issue, and I suppose the rest of the series as well, I’m a little worried for characters like Amadeus Cho and Weapon H and how this whole green door situation is gonna effect either of them. Though I don’t something of this extent would happen in the champions, though the Weapon H series might be up to it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well there is battle thread that's happening on another forum between Immortal vs Supes , Thor(worthy) and WW . His current durability and healing factor fts are totally no selling to this three right now .
    And salty DC fans have made through 200 comments just for the sake of fan boy toxicity within 4 hours . LOL
    LOL. It's always like that when Hulk is involved. Too much hate.

But, honestly, I had my time of being a hardcore "battleboard" fan, but now I can't say I really care.

The character is so great and complex, and, with stories like that, feats and battles are only a small part of its universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    You know i am not exposed to Hulk tbh except for Pak's Hulk(WBH) and Ultimate Hulk . Can u give me reference for good read for Hulk (which will be good/better to start and all ) , if u don't mind .
    Biswaboxz, allow me to share my opinion.

Besides Pak's run and now Ewing's run, there are two quintessential runs from the Incredible Hulk: Bill Mantlo's and Peter David's.

Start with Mantlo's : Incredible Hulk #245 - #313. In my opinion, you can start with #272, if you want, because it's there that one of the first biggest metamorphosis happens with the Hulk, paving the way for the future.

You can finish #313 and read the next issues, which are "small, transitional runs" from John Byrne and Al Migrom, until Peter David's run starts. It's a 12 year long run, using elements of all the previous runs and redefining the character forever.

You can't go wrong with them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Great! Thanks for the link, the illustrious mr. kenway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post
    Biswaboxz, allow me to share my opinion.

Besides Pak's run and now Ewing's run, there are two quintessential runs from the Incredible Hulk: Bill Mantlo's and Peter David's.

Start with Mantlo's : Incredible Hulk #245 - #313. In my opinion, you can start with #272, if you want, because it's there that one of the first biggest metamorphosis happens with the Hulk, paving the way for the future.

You can finish #313 and read the next issues, which are "small, transitional runs" from John Byrne and Al Migrom, until Peter David's run starts. It's a 12 year long run, using elements of all the previous runs and redefining the character forever.

You can't go wrong with them.
    Thanks i will try to read starting with Mantlo's run . I was hoping to read Peter David's run tbh since many comic readers like that run . But it's okay for me to patch things up slowly .