Page 227 of 237 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3547
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post
    One of the things I loved the most was :spoilers:
    the Hulk letting them experiment with himself to discover what he can do!
    end of spoilers That's a mean Hulk!
    Hey you have to test yourself somehow, right ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Gotta say, Ewing's take on Carol Danvers is the first time I've enjoyed her in as long as I can remember.

Admittedly, that's her playing the well-meaning but ultimately obstructive bureaucrat.

Also, not sure if Ewing is doing this intentionally, but I'm getting early Thunderbolt Ross vibes from her (more than Fortean who is rather distinct.)

Telling Sasquatch to walk, then taking Walter back when he's depowered. Carol strikes me as someone who has definite problems with people who are out of her control, be it through operating independently, or being stronger than she is.

Hence her problem with Doctor Banner.
    I have to say that this is a first ever since Carol became Captain Marvel to see her act like this and not be treated as a joke. Writers should learn from Ewing on this.

BANNED

Ultimate Member

Gotta say, Ewing's take on Carol Danvers is the first time I've enjoyed her in as long as I can remember.

Admittedly, that's her playing the well-meaning but ultimately obstructive bureaucrat.

Also, not sure if Ewing is doing this intentionally, but I'm getting early Thunderbolt Ross vibes from her (more than Fortean who is rather distinct.)

Telling Sasquatch to walk, then taking Walter back when he's depowered. Carol strikes me as someone who has definite problems with people who are out of her control, be it through operating independently, or being stronger than she is.

Hence her problem with Doctor Banner.
    Err, what?

She never told Sasquatch to take a walk.

Rather, she and Puck were concerned that Walter had been in beast mode too long and confronted him about it. Upon learning they might be right, Walter sought out Banner, and that whole mess happened.

Point of fact, the Avengers only went after Banner as a deal to cover for Walter's actions while possessed. She was willing to fight the freakin' Hulk to cover for him.

And despite the fact that Walter's lost his biggest asset, she's kept him in the game, recognizing his brains and utility outside of his orange muscles.

And one last point, but Carol is easily stronger than Sasquatch

If there is better book Marvel is putting out each month, I'm not reading. Another great issue! I assume that once Hulk opens this Green Door, he opens hell on earth, (thanks in part to his father) and the One-Below-All is unleashed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Hey you have to test yourself somehow, right ?
    LOL. Indeeed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Err, what?

She never told Sasquatch to take a walk.

Rather, she and Puck were concerned that Walter had been in beast mode too long and confronted him about it. Upon learning they might be right, Walter sought out Banner, and that whole mess happened.

Point of fact, the Avengers only went after Banner as a deal to cover for Walter's actions while possessed. She was willing to fight the freakin' Hulk to cover for him.

And despite the fact that Walter's lost his biggest asset, she's kept him in the game, recognizing his brains and utility outside of his orange muscles.

And one last point, but Carol is easily stronger than Sasquatch
    Debatable. If we take this Sasquatch, a being who gave this Hulk a hell of a fight and who's said to be potentially as powerful, then she isn't, unless you're talking about having more powers. She gave everything she got against a much weaker Hulk, before Secret Wars, (taking him by surprise, btw), and He only smiled at her, before punching her into orbit. So, this is not as simple as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    If there is better book Marvel is putting out each month, I'm not reading. Another great issue! I assume that once Hulk opens this Green Door, he opens hell on earth, (thanks in part to his father) and the One-Below-All is unleashed.
    There isn't. I love this part from the syfy interview, btw:

Thus far we've seen everything from ghost stories, to body horror, to a truly bone-chilling slant on the old Hulk vs. Avengers dust-up. How much much deeper down the rabbit hole are you planning to go when it comes to horror elements for Immortal Hulk going forward?

Pretty far. Issues 8-10 get more and more extreme in some ways — the aforementioned body horror, the creepiness of the mirror subplot, the ramping up of the Green Door — and then, in 11-13, we're in Hell. Not even Marvel Universe Hell, which is quite cuddly at this point — a more literal, theological interpretation. Which will be a lot of fun...

What an amazing issue

spoilers:
    The death of Dr. Clive is really terrifying, same thing when Hulk reverted back to Bruce Banner at the end of the issue, it's really messed up. It kinds of reminds me of that scene from Incredible Hulk #328 when Banner was stuck between his human form and his Hulk form.
    end of spoilers.

The combination of Ewing's script and Bennett's art is just perfect and honestly right now Immortal Hulk might be my favourite comics series of 2018!!!!
    Last edited by Hush; 11-08-2018 at 10:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    What an amazing issue

spoilers:
    The death of Dr. Clive is really terrifying, same thing when Hulk reverted back to Bruce Banner at the end of the issue, it's really messed up. It kinds of reminds me of that scene from Incredible Hulk #328 when Banner was stuck between his human form and his Hulk form.
    end of spoilers.

The combination of Ewing's script and Bennett's art is just perfect and honestly right now Immortal Hulk might be my favourite comics series of 2018!!!!
    spoilers:
    Poor doctor he didn't even have second thoughts that he is going to get the taste of his own medicine i.e being too smart
    end of spoilers

BANNED

What an amazing issue

spoilers:
    end of spoilers.

Hey, Hush! Glad you mentioned that! Since last month I've been rereading the Byrne-Milgrom -leading to PAD issues, and I had forgotten about that particular scene. Pure body horror!

I. Have. No. Words.

baner.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I. Have. No. Words.

baner.jpg
    Well in the end "He is the strongest there is "

BANNED

Is there a word for being both sick and intrigued by what’s next for the Immortal Hulk ?

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    spoilers:
    Poor doctor he didn't even have second thoughts that he is going to get the taste of his own medicine i.e being too smart
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hulk is the Smartest There is
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post
    Hey, Hush! Glad you mentioned that! Since last month I've been rereading the Byrne-Milgrom -leading to PAD issues, and I had forgotten about that particular scene. Pure body horror!
    Hi Gamma Burst! It's such a great issue especially this scene, first time Peter David wrote the Hulk and he did a fantastic job! Incredible Hulk #222 to #467 is my favorite Hulk era and I still hope that one day Marvel will collect all those issues in some nice omnibus collections
    Last edited by Hush; 11-08-2018 at 02:19 PM.

So I have a theory for next issue.

spoilers:
    Absorbing Man is going to accidentally absorb Brian Banner, (along with some gamma energy). This would be bad. It's been hinted at that the only things keeping Creel from being a bigger threat is his relative lack of intelligence, and the fact that he's not especially evil.

Brian Banner is both highly intelligent and insanely malicious.

Think on that.

Also Ang Lee AbsorbingDad.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    Hulk is the Smartest There is
    end of spoilers

Hi Gamma Burst! It's such a great issue especially this scene, first time Peter David wrote the Hulk and he did a fantastic job! Incredible Hulk #222 to #467 is my favorite Hulk era and I still hope that one day Marvel will collect all those issues in some nice omnibus collections
    Yeah! Marvel is doing a pretty good job with their Epic Collections. I believe we'll have the whole PAD run in the future!

So I have a theory for next issue.

spoilers:
    Absorbing Man is going to accidentally absorb Brian Banner, (along with some gamma energy). This would be bad. It's been hinted at that the only things keeping Creel from being a bigger threat is his relative lack of intelligence, and the fact that he's not especially evil.

Brian Banner is both highly intelligent and insanely malicious.

Think on that.

Also Ang Lee AbsorbingDad.
    end of spoilers
    Good theory, Ptrvc! I was thinking:

spoilers:
    Clive mentions town names: the First, which probably is Dell Frye, and Red Dog. I wonder if this one is related to Creel, because, as we've seen in the cover from Immortal Hulk #9, Crusher is red! Just a theory.
    end of spoilers