Page 234 of 237 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237 LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Anyone else notice a lack of discussion here for the past couple issues?
    The issue was great, but there's not as much to discuss. The three previous issues all had an "oh shit" moment. This one really didn't, or not if you read the spoilers anyway.

I am really excited to see what Ewing has planned for Hell and the One Below All. I just don't even know where to begin with the speculation.

The Best Defense was actually more of a surprise. It was great to see Banner roll with his fists. Say what you will about your Daredevil and your Iron Fist. Shoving a broken beer bottle into that guys wrist made me cringe more than double crane kicks and exploding heart techniques ever could.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk Annual #6
    Cover Date: 1977
    Sale Date: August 3rd, 1977
    Writer: David Anthony Kraft
    Artist: Herb Trimpe
    Inkers: Frank Giacoia and Mike Esposito
    Letterer: Gaspar(???) I think that’s what is says????
    Colorist: Janic Cohen
    Plotter/Editor: Len Wein

“Beware the Beehive!”
    Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Dr. Strange
    Villain: The Beehive

Synopsis: Taken from here: https://comicbookrealm.com/series/10...ulk-annual-6/5
    I still couldn't finish it, so I used another site.

Commentary: I’ve never been able to fully read this annual all the way thru. Always lose interest about 1/3 of the way thru. Trimpe’s work seems overpowered by a bad combo of Giacoia AND Esposito. And the Beehive is about as menacing as…well, I dunno. Easily forgettable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    The issue was great, but there's not as much to discuss. The three previous issues all had an "oh shit" moment. This one really didn't, or not if you read the spoilers anyway.

I am really excited to see what Ewing has planned for Hell and the One Below All. I just don't even know where to begin with the speculation.

The Best Defense was actually more of a surprise. It was great to see Banner roll with his fists. Say what you will about your Daredevil and your Iron Fist. Shoving a broken beer bottle into that guys wrist made me cringe more than double crane kicks and exploding heart techniques ever could.
    Honestly i am feeling quite lonely in this thread for quite a while and that makes me sad . Either way do u remember this moment ? it was iconic

BANNED

I think it's okay to talk about this since it is sort of Hulk related, right ? https://www.cbr.com/lou-ferrigno-hospitalized/

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I just realized, this is basically a one-shot. Stupid of me to just now figure it out but damn, seems like like a waste of Ewing. Hopefully it's a lot longer than normal issues.

I wonder if it's possible the One Below All might somehow be the version of the Maestro that Bruce sent back to his own origin who was slowly regenerating, temporarily possessed the Destroyer but then got buried under the same site again....hence it knowing how to use "Brian's" likeness for instance. Giving Ewing's use of Hulk backstory I wouldn't rule it out, although the Maestro as a character has been used almost too much lately-we had Doc Green almost becoming him, and the Battleworld/contest versions etc.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-15-2018 at 10:21 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I wonder if it's possible the One Below All might somehow be the version of the Maestro that Bruce sent back to his own origin who was slowly regenerating, temporarily possessed the Destroyer but then got buried under the same site again....hence it knowing how to use "Brian's" likeness for instance. Giving Ewing's use of Hulk backstory I wouldn't rule it out, although the Maestro as a character has been used almost too much lately-we had Doc Green almost becoming him, and the Battleworld/contest versions etc.
    That's certainly a possibility, but I don't think knowing of Brian gives this villain any special insight. Magic beings always seem to have some special insight into their foes, I can't think of one that doesn't

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #217
    Cover Date: November 1977
    Sale Date: August 17th, 1977
    Writer: Len Wein
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Ernie Chan
    Letterer: John Costanza
    Colorist: Glynis Wein
    Editor: Len Wein

“The Circus of Lost Souls!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Stilts, Blossom, Major Minor, Rex, and Meriam.
    Villain: Ringmaster and the Cirus of Crime.
    Synopsis: After falling from the Heli-Carrier from last issue, we find the Hulk washed ashore on some nameless beach. The Hulk awakens and stumbles across a camp of circus runaways, who befriend him and introduce him to a mysterious woman named Meriam. The Hulk is taken aback by her beauty, as she reminds him of his lost-love Jarella. Meriam succumbs to a fainting spell, but before help can be administered, the Ringmaster and his Circus of Crime attack. The Ringmaster is able to hypnotize the Hulk before he can overpower the others, but Major Minor is able to break the spell and the Hulk makes short work of the Circus. Meriam requests that the Hulk take her to the ocean, where she bids the brute goodbye and slips away into the sea.

Commentary: Nothing ground-breaking, a simple low-key story that reminds us that the Hulk is an outsider and destined to be lonely. This will be Wein’s last full-script on the title. Editorial workloads and the lure of getting hired at DC to write Batman put Wein in conflict with higher-ups at Marvel.

Despite being some of the goofier villains, the Ringmaster's sort of a fun character, and certainly has contributed to the Hulk mythos since he was partially responsible for creating the Merged Hulk.

Funny thing, a Captain America comic established their connection sort of pre-dates them: The Golden age Ringmaster (The regular one's father) had a run in with Betsy Ross/Golden Girl, who was retconned into General Ross's Aunt (I think that's something that was elaborated on in a bit of the Red Hulk comics).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-16-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Had a stroke two months ago, and trying to catch up on my reading. How was the Defenders one shots?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Immortal Hulk March 2019 Solicitations

IMMORTAL HULK #14

AL EWING (W) • Kyle Hotz (A)

Cover by ALEX ROSS

SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS STEVENS

• Betty Ross is going through a lot. She’s having a family crisis. Her employers won’t pick up the phone.

• And at her door is the husband she thought was dead. But Bruce Banner hasn’t come alone.

• He’s brought the IMMORTAL HULK.

X36m0H4Y_1112181106441gpadd.jpg

IMMORTAL HULK #15

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A)

Cover by ALEX ROSS

MARVELS 25TH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS

• Dr. Leonard Samson is a gamma mutate and part-time super hero who recently came back from the dead.

• He’s been wanting to discuss that with an old patient of his… But he’s not here to see Bruce Banner.

• Take a seat on the couch, IMMORTAL HULK. It’s going to be quite a session.

hulk2018015_cov.jpg

I enjoyed the four individual issues, although I'd say the Silver Surfer issue wasthe weak link.

Hulk was Great. For a Hulk fan I'd call it a must buy.

Looks like we'll be looping back around to the supporting cast post Hell-Arc. Not super interested in Betty or Samson.

I'm hoping we see Skaar pop up, and get Hulk's view on Rick's death.

I find it a bit weird this there's such a big cutoff from issue #13 and #14's synopsis. Obviously it's the end of the arc, but everything seems to return to normal rather quickly. Kinda get the feeling Ewing didn't know the series would be such a success and intended to end it there. Here's hoping it turns out great.