Page 235 of 237 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237 LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3547
    BANNED

So Betty is back !!! Seeing this cover makes me think that something is going to change for Bruce after this .........

I mean it looks like that Bruce's Immortal Hulk manifestation is immune to sun rays , i am whatsoever not sure about this btw.
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-18-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Agreed, though I think he just wrote it so he could end it after an arc rather than that he expected it to get cancelled.

Hard to raise stakes higher than escaping from hell.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I mean it looks like that Bruce's Immortal Hulk manifestation is immune to sun rays , i am whatsoever not sure about this btw.
    Ewing mentioned how he was inspired by how often the set up changed in the first few issues if the Hulk. Him being out during the day could be the reason.

Or heck, maybe sunlight not filtered through an atmosphere doesn't count as 'day'light enough to put Hulk to sleep.

BANNED

So just read the Best Defense . It was so goooddddd . I will not reveal any spoilers but there is an unexpected surprise appearance by a villain . The issue has drama , hell and most of all amazing artwork by Bernett .

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #218
    Cover Date: December 1977
    Sale Date: September 20th, 1977
    Writer: Len Wein/Roger Stern
    Artist: George Tuska and Keith Pollard
    Inker: Ernie Chan
    Letterer: John Costanza
    Colorist: Glynis Wein
    Editor: Len Wein

“The Rhino Doesn’t Stop Here Anymore!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: The Hulk.
    Villain: The Rhino

Synopsis: Doc Samson takes the spotlight, as he tackles the Rhino.

Commentary: Tuska and Pollard step in while Sal takes a short vacation.

Has it been explained as to how Doc Samson returned from the dead?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    So Betty is back !!! Seeing this cover makes me think that something is going to change for Bruce after this .........

Nice find. Hulk looks dope here.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    No. Looks like it's going to be explored in #15, though.

Defenders: The Last Defense.

WOW!!!!

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ABNBWDlg0...2Blunching.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    No. Looks like it's going to be explored in #15, though.
    Thanks. I am a HUGE Doc Samson fan. I read my friends Hulk comics growing up and he was the character that kept me coming back(No offense to the Hulk of course). Looking forward to hearing how he came back to life.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Loving the Immortal Hulk, and I’ve never been one to collect or have much interest in the Hulk. His appearance in the best Defense was easily the best part.
    Can’t wait to see what happens in Hell. Seems strange that it’ll be wrapped up after #13...I can see the one below all sticking around a LOT longer than that.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Defenders #1 was, in my opinion, a perfect Defenders story. The writing and the art are flawless. The scope is huge, blending cosmic and mystical elements, something that only this non-team can face!

Also, all the characters were written very well, and had great moments.

Particularly we got to know more interesting facts about the Hulk:

1. He'll survive even if the planet is destroyed. Well, He's immortal anyway.

2. The entity that infected him, the one below all, is way above high level demons like Mephisto himself. So way above these mere hell lords.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #219
    Cover Date: January 1978
    Sale Date: October 18th, 1977
    Writer: Roger Stern/Len Wein
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Ernie Chan
    Letterer: Rick Parker
    Colorist: Glynis Wein
    Editor: Len Wein

“No Man is an Island!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: General Ross, Clay Quartermain, Nick Fury, the Gaffer, and “Crue-Soe”.
    Villain: Captain Barracuda
    Synopsis: The Hulk is venting his frustration to the world after the events of the last few issues, while General Ross doubts what Nick Fury and Clay Quartermain’s beliefs that the Hulk perished. Meanwhile, Banner has made his way to a shipping yard and manages to get a job swabbing decks. Too bad Captain Barracuda targeted it for hijacking. Two torpedoes and a boarding party later, Banner loses control and transforms into the Hulk. He’s easily taking care of the pirates, but his smashing works against him – as the boom knocks him into the ocean. Barracuda and his crew leave the doomed ship and the Hulk makes his way to a deserted island. He settles down for a quick nap, but before he relaxes enough to trigger the transformation, a curious dog and his companion who is claiming to be Robinson Crusoe awaken the brute. The curious Hulk follows Crusoe back to his fort when savage ape-like creatures suddenly attack them. The Hulk swats them away without any problems, just in time for Barracuda to arrive.

Commentary: The opening page to this issue is outstanding, another Fat-Head image. (Should be a regular feature). Love that it was used as a recent variant cover. Interesting to see Rick Parker’s early lettering work…I’m so used to his late 80’s-early 90’s stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Loving the Immortal Hulk, and I’ve never been one to collect or have much interest in the Hulk. His appearance in the best Defense was easily the best part.
    Can’t wait to see what happens in Hell. Seems strange that it’ll be wrapped up after #13...I can see the one below all sticking around a LOT longer than that.
    Same! It’s definitely one of my comics of the year!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Finally getting around to reading PAD’s Original Hulk run and so far I’m really enjoying it. The “Joe Fix-it” incarnation is a real fun character to read, reminds me of the current Hulk iteration with Ewing.