Page 33 of 237 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Probably my Favorite scene from Gerry Duggan's Hulk #6.

MODOK was much larger in the past? This was a funny moment. I'm really enjoying Omega Hulk so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    that is a really great image of Maestro.
    Right?

I would love for Maestro Hulk to somehow make a comeback. He would make for a great Hulk villain as he is strong, smart, evil, and downright cruel.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Right?

I would love for Maestro Hulk to somehow make a comeback. He would make for a great Hulk villain as he is strong, smart, evil, and downright cruel.

Agreed, I would love to see more of Maestro
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Right?

If Maestro does return, he should be an ultimate villain/threat akin to Thanos. Not only can take on all of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but he can best them intellectually as well. He's a very dangerous, very sadistic, very cunning, very intelligent, very ruthless villain. He's not afraid to kill and/or get his hands dirty in a conflict.

If Maestro does return, Hulk/Doc Green and the Marvel Universe better be on guard. Then again, I always had a theory that it could be possible that 616-Hulk's future incarnation might not be as malevolent as the Maestro. I always imagined that, if he isn't evil/malevolent, he'd be a benevolent ruler akin to Odin or Old King Thor.

Speaking of which, I'd love a team-up involving Old King Thor & Maestro Hulk. The interaction and dialogue revolving around the two would be worth it alone. If Hulk isn't living in some cave on Earth in the far future, imagine him ruling a galactic empire (One that consists of the Shadow/Oldstrong People, the Shi'ar, the Kree, the Troyjan, etc.) as the Maestro with a harem of women/wives.

You could even state that he himself was a former herald to the World-Devourer Galactus, if you want an homage to What If: World War Hulk. Not only would he possess unrivaled intellect and the power cosmic (not to mention infinite gamma energy), he would be one of the very few beings who is physically stronger/superior to Old King Thor. He'd definitely be one of the few whom Old King Thor would consider his equal in might.

Just envision Maestro Hulk coming to King Thor, telling him of the Necro-Empowered Galactus that is devouring/butchering planets, including some that he rules over, at an alarming rate. Putting everything in danger. Thus it's up to Midgard's oldest, beared, battle-scarred and most powerful warriors to seek a solution to the problem. They could go hunt for an artifact or weapon that can either destroy or remove it from Galactus, because in a direct altercation they would be of no threat to him.

Imagine it. King Thor & Maestro, exploring the cosmos and the 9 (or 10) Realms. Fighting monsters, demons, and other extremely deadly threats. Meeting new & old allies. To me, that'd be freaking sweet!

Bring on the Galactic Maestro Hulk!!!

BANNED

Do any of the old-school fans like it when the Hulk has a rope-belt around his waist?

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Do any of the old-school fans like it when the Hulk has a rope-belt around his waist?
    Ugh. No....

Tales to Astonish #98

Cover Date: December 1967
    Sale Date: September 7th, 1967
    Writer: Stan Lee
    Artist: Marie Severin
    Inker: Herb Trimpe
    Letterer: Artie Simek
    Colorist: Uncredited

“The Puppet and the Power”

Storyline: Convinced that the Lord of the Living Lightning is fighting for peace, the Hulk attacks General Ross’ missile base, with the Lightning soldiers following close behind. As Ross attacks the Hulk, the Lightning Lord makes his way into the general quarters area and takes Betty prisoner. Not knowing what’s going on inside, Ross succeeds in taking down the Hulk with sleeping gas…only to receive a phone call from the Lightning Lord himself about surrendering the base to him, or his daughter’s life might be in jeopardy – as she has been placed in the same cell as the slumbering Hulk.

Key Characters: None.

Historical Notes: None.

Personal Thoughts:
    Lots of action, nothing noteworthy about the story.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Does anyone else believe that Dr. Sofia Di Cosimo would make an interesting ally/love interest for Doc Green? She's the world's greatest expert in mythology and archeology. This could be useful if Doc Green faces off against a vast mystical threat to the planet. I'm quite surprised she hasn't been used more often in the Marvel Universe, especially with everything that's going on.

I've got a few more prime female suspects who could be potential allies/love interests for Doc Green. So, feel free to voice your opinions.

Tales to Astonish #99
    Cover Date: January 1968
    Sale Date: October 10th, 1967
    Inker: John Tartaglione
    Letterer: Sam Rosen

“When the Monster Wakes”

Storyline: The Hulk slowly awakens to discover that Betty Ross has been placed in the same cell. Confused, the Hulk assures her that he won’t harm her… until the Lightning Lord interrupts them. He tries to convince the Hulk that Betty is not to be trusted, but it doesn’t work, as Betty’s pleas get him toss across the cell. The Lord issues an attack against the brute, and the blasts end up weakening him and causing the transformation back into Bruce Banner. In another part of the base, Major Talbot breaks free and contacts the Pentagon about their situation at the missile base. He then disguises himself as Lightning soldier and makes his way towards General Ross. Meanwhile, Banner, Ross and Betty are being herded away when the Lightning Lord is informed about Talbots’s escape and his radio transmission. Suddenly, Talbot makes his presence known and is able to rescue the others. Soon, reinforcements arrive and they begin to overtake the Lightning soldiers. Back inside, Banner manages to convince General Ross that he must transform back into the Hulk in order to destroy all of the Lightning Lord’s missiles. Reluctantly, Ross agrees and Banner subjects himself to a gamma bombardment and unleashes the Hulk. He angrily leaps away and arrives at the Living Lightning headquarters, making short work of the soldiers and destroying their missile stockpile. Overhead, Air Force jets radio back about the Hulk’s success…leaving readers to wonder whether or not the Hulk has survived.

Historical Notes: The Hulk’s story gets first-billing this time around.

Personal Thoughts: Almost seemed too polished of an ending, the Lightning Lord really didn’t have control of the missile base for very long. Very nice cover too.

Tales to Astonish #100
    Cover Date: February 1968
    Sale Date: November 9th, 1967
    Inker: Dan Adkins
    Letterer: Sam Rosen

“Let There Be Battle”

Storyline: Namor the Sub-Mariner is watching the Hulk plunge to his apparent death after taking out the Legion of Living Lightning’s missile stockpile. Believing the Hulk would make a powerful ally, Namor heads towards the surface, and unknowingly captures the interest of the Puppet Master, who is still bitter about his unsuccessful attack on the Fantastic Four while controlling the Sub-Mariner. He decides that only the Hulk has the strength and power to gain revenge on Namor. He quickly builds a puppet and orders the unconscious Hulk to free himself from the rubble. Outside, a distraught Rick Jones tries to convince General Ross and Major Talbot not to use any explosives while trying to recover the brute. At that moment, the Hulk breaks free, but quickly swats Rick aside. Believing the Hulk to be a mindless menace again, Ross threatens to hunt down and destroy him once more. Meanwhile, the Puppet Master guides the Hulk towards Namor and the two are soon in a heated battle. After a back-and-forth battle, Namor takes advantage of the situation – as the Hulk fights against the Puppet Master’s orders to kill. As their battle resumes, Namor takes the battle to the sea again and inadvertently takes down the Puppet Master along with the Hulk. As he searches the beach for the Hulk’s body, Namor comes across the unconscious Bruce Banner. Disinterested, the Sub-Mariner takes to the sea once more, believing the Hulk to be dead.

Historical Notes: None.

Personal Thoughts: Great action-packed issue. I really wish this one had been included into the pocket book that reprinted all those TTA issues as well.

BANNED