Page 63 of 237 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Snicker....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Here's a question Hulk fans.

With Hulk's sales down due to years of weak stories, (Duggan's alright, but I think its a bit too little too late.)

What would you guys think about Hulk going away for awhile right now?

Say after a big climactic battle with the Maestro we go a few years or so without Hulk, until Marvel actually gets a writer willing and ready to write a really great Hulk saga?

(Because honestly, right now I wouldn't be surprised to find Hulk not involved with the Maestro's defeat, considering the treatment he's been getting over the last few years.)
    I've could have lived without the Hulk comics we've gotten these past 4-5 years since Greg Pak departed in all honesty. So... would Hulk disappearing for a few years be so bad? No, but I'd still miss him a hell of a lot as he's my favorite comic book character. But if it was best for the character, and if meant he'd return greater and stronger than ever, with a great artist & writer team (much in a similar vein to JMS & Coipel's Thor run) then I'd accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I've could have lived without the Hulk comics we've gotten these past 4-5 years since Greg Pak departed in all honesty. So... would Hulk disappearing for a few years be so bad? No, but I'd still miss him a hell of a lot as he's my favorite comic book character. But if it was best for the character, and if meant he'd return greater and stronger than ever, with a great artist & writer team (much in a similar vein to JMS & Coipel's Thor run) then I'd accept it.
    I just finished reading the last of the Hulk vs. Thanos issue and SpoilersI was not impressed

I don't know, its been years, years at the this point since I've seen some feat of strength, or fight, or anything from the Hulk that really made me sit up and take notice.

For the most part he's been rather puny and jobbed out to everyone and the grandfather with an electro cane. And yeah Duggan's run is better and I feel a little guilty for sitting through Aaron and Waid to drop it during his, but dammit I'm just exhausted at this point. Its like we've been getting the Hulk that nonfans want to see ie "He's kinda strong I guess but not really that big a deal, no telepathic defense and weak healing. Pretty much doesn't get stronger or mad ever." I mean I'll give Duggan this, I get the feeling Doc Green is actually supposed to be kinda weak in comparison to previous Hulks kinda like Joe Fixit and the Merged Hulk were. Which is fine if that's the story he wants to tell, but its quickly becoming a story I don't want to read.

But the thing is none of those nonfans (or antifans in many cases) are going to pick up the Hulk anyway, and the numbers show that. Nobody wants to buy are book staring the "Vaguely Impressive Hulk" they want to see something Incredible, I feel like its been forever since we've seen Hulk defeat an actual A-Level threat by smashing it in the face.

So yeah, I kinda wish the Hulk was dead at this point, or had been killed or banished, or whatever after Pak was done writing. I feel like he's been dead since then anyways. Its becoming readily apparent to me that I'm unlikely to see a Hulk story that really gets my blood pumping for another five years at least.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I don't get the impression that he's weak, I just think his design is a little silly amd a few story ideas weren't great. I wouldn't mind a slightly tweaked version post SW

Weaker

It is a tradition that most versions of Hulk who are above average in intellect end up being a bit weaker, (BannerHulk, Merged Hulk, and now Doc Green.) They don't get as angry as fast as Gravage-Savage

I think I'd be more forgiving of Duggan's run if it came out directly after Pak's rather than after Aaron and Waid.

Weaker

It is a tradition that most versions of Hulk who are above average in intellect end up being a bit weaker, (BannerHulk, Merged Hulk, and now Doc Green.) They don't get as angry as fast as Gravage-Savage

I think I'd be more forgiving of Duggan's run if it came out directly after Pak's rather than after Aaron and Waid.
    I always thought that was a nice trade-off...storywise. Trading smarts for strength.

I was disappointed by Hulk vs Thanos #4.
    Not because I think Hulk was jobbed out (Annihilus became stronger than him by tapping into his Power Source after all) but because it didn't really live up to his title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I was disappointed by Hulk vs Thanos #4.
    Not because I think Hulk was jobbed out (Annihilus became stronger than him by tapping into his Power Source after all) but because it didn't really live up to his title.
    Actually, Annihilus was amped by Hulk's powersource and that of the Cosmic Control Rod. But there is no proof at all that he's stronger/more powerful than the Hulk. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if that conflict went on longer, Hulk would have really smashed the big bug down to a pulp. However, I do agree that this issue was a disappointment and this entire mini was mediocre at best.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    I always thought that was a nice trade-off...storywise. Trading smarts for strength.
    I'd prefer a cunning Hulk who's powerful, than an intelligent Hulk who isn't. Let Banner be hyper-intelligent and one of the smartest there is. And let Hulk be an unstoppable, powerful behemoth who smashes. Banner can have his intellect/smarts, Hulk can have his power/strength.

Astonishing Member

Since the Kingpin is a Daredevil Villain, perhaps The Rhino can be a Hulk Villain once again in exchange for the Abomination as a Spider-Man Villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post

Since the Kingpin is a Daredevil Villain, perhaps The Rhino can be a Hulk Villain once again in exchange for the Abomination as a Spider-Man Villain.
    Seems like a bad trade. Abomination has a long history with the Hulk on top of being one of the few terrestrial characters of comparable strength.

Spidey has plenty of his own villains.

Astonishing Member

Seems like a bad trade. Abomination has a long history with the Hulk on top of being one of the few terrestrial characters of comparable strength.

Spidey has plenty of his own villains.
    Sometimes it's good to mix things up to reveal a different side of the characters. The Abomination as a Spider-Man villain is perfect because it ties him to the death of Peter's Parents. Also, Emil doesn't have the same grudge towards the Hulk as he does towards Spider-Man. And he's currently not being used.

Also, Imagine if the Leader was part of Spider-Man's rogue galleries working alongside Dr. Ock, Dr. Conners, and the Jackal respectively?

BANNED

Here's a question Hulk fans.

With Hulk's sales down due to years of weak stories, (Duggan's alright, but I think its a bit too little too late.)

What would you guys think about Hulk going away for awhile right now?

Say after a big climactic battle with the Maestro we go a few years or so without Hulk, until Marvel actually gets a writer willing and ready to write a really great Hulk saga?

(Because honestly, right now I wouldn't be surprised to find Hulk not involved with the Maestro's defeat, considering the treatment he's been getting over the last few years.)
    I've been clamoring this for years. Years.

I remember when Marvel took Thor away in the late 90's or early 2000's (I can't remember which. I just remember walking into a gas station and picking up Thor and in the back of the book it said it was being cancelled). Marvel needs to do that to the Hulk because I've been saddened by his mistreatment for much too long.

It's been so long since the last time I was here, the boards all changed!

Now then...since there've been loads of posts with art commissions of all different Hulk incarnations, I thought I'd share the one I had done a month or so ago. Quick, pick out all the incarnations you can!

It's called "The Five Doctors (and Dr. Banner)" and it's by J.K. Woodward, the artist on Peter David's FALLEN ANGEL series during its IDW run. Nevermind the madmen around the blue box in the middle.

~Gary

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmash! View Post
    It's been so long since the last time I was here, the boards all changed!

Now then...since there've been loads of posts with art commissions of all different Hulk incarnations, I thought I'd share the one I had done a month or so ago. Quick, pick out all the incarnations you can!

It's called "The Five Doctors (and Dr. Banner)" and it's by J.K. Woodward, the artist on Peter David's FALLEN ANGEL series during its IDW run. Nevermind the madmen around the blue box in the middle.

~Gary
    Welcome back, Gary!
    I think I know all of them, but not sure on the Doctors...
    I know where to go for the answers, though...