Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Magneto Finally Fesses Up to Being Xorn

I never thought he would admit it, but Magneto has stopped pretending that he had a different personality or was being controlled by someone else. Cyclops got past the denial (Magneto's; not his own, of course). Magneto WAS Xorn.

Bendis confirms that this is what Magneto and Cyclops were discussing.

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ng-xavier-in-a

lol, Bendis is such a troll.

And he even manages to get paid for it.

BANNED

This was a very psychologically intense scene.

Fantastic Member

He could also be accepting responsibility for his villainy being of such renown that it was co-opted by XornSublimeguy.

BANNED

Either way, he's finally taking responsibility for Xorn's crimes, which includes the crematoria. I'm pretty impressed by how Morrison and Bendis have developed this connection between Scott and Magneto. They share a lot of pain.

Bendis: "I want to remind you, dear readers, how much we have defiled and twisted these characters and how much we have wrecked continuity and retconned everything...".

You know, if I worked for Marvel I wouldn't remind people about the company's greatest mistakes. I guess that, since they are going to reboot the Universe, they think they can stop pretending they care about continuity or about their characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Bendis: "I want to remind you, dear readers, how much we have defiled and twisted these characters and how much we have wrecked continuity and retconned everything...".

You know, if I worked for Marvel I wouldn't remind people about the company's greatest mistakes. I guess that, since they are going to reboot the Universe, they think they can stop pretending they care about continuity or about their characters.
    I don't see it that way. To me, this scene was brave.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I don't see the big deal. We already knew Magneto was Xorn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I don't see the big deal. We already knew Magneto was Xorn.
    I think that it's important because in this emergency, Cyclops and Magneto are finally coming to terms with the history between them and the anger they've both been suppressing. Cyclops is angry because Magneto crippled Xavier, murdered Jean and lied to him, and Magneto is furious about Cyclops killing Xavier in cold blood.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That was just Bendis going "oops I mixed up the movies with the comics again".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That was just Bendis going "oops I mixed up the movies with the comics again".
    No. He's been building up to this since All New X-Men started. I don't know why people are saying nothing has been happening in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I don't see it that way. To me, this scene was brave.
    If they really are making Magneto into Xorn again, then they are making another huge retconning of the retconning of the retconning. They created Xorn as a well-defined character, then they retconned it into Mutanazi Magneto, and when they realized that it was a mistake to ruin both Xorn and Magneto in a single stroke, they retconned it again so that Xorn wasn't Magneto, but Xorn's evil twin. And now they are retconning it again, entangling continuity and making it even less comprehensible.

What is more, if Magneto is Xorn and Scott knows that (which means that Emma Frost and the Cuckoos and TeenJean and probably other X-Men know too), that not only morally defiles Magneto, but it also morally destroys the X-Men that have been pals with him for years since that, specially Cyclops, whose wife Jean he killed, and Emma and the Cuckoos, whose daughter/clon and whose sister Esme Xorn killed.

This is not brave, but the opposite; this is saying "nothing has impact, we can do whatever we want without acknowledging the consequences".

So is Magneto now an inept junkie that looks the age he should too just like Morrison needed him to be? Cause if this what we're doing, do it properly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    So is Magneto now an inept junkie that looks the age he should too just like Morrison needed him to be? Cause if this what we're doing, do it properly.
    The High Evolutionary's treatments-eating the brains of a Celestial-restored some of Magneto's health and vigour during Fraction's run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I think that it's important because in this emergency, Cyclops and Magneto are finally coming to terms with the history between them and the anger they've both been suppressing. Cyclops is angry because Magneto crippled Xavier, murdered Jean and lied to him, and Magneto is furious about Cyclops killing Xavier in cold blood.
    I definitely don't want to start another flame war here but killing someone who is attacking you is not killing them in cold blood.