Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default iZombie - CW TV Series

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/11/cw-midseason-dates/

This upcoming CW drama, based on the Vertigo comic book from DC, to begin 17th March, a Tuesday, with a new episode of The Flash.

Rose McIver, Tinkerbell in Once Upon a Time, Summer Landsdown in Power Rangers: RPM and more, is playing the main character, Olivia 'Liv' Moore.

It also stars:

Robert Buckley - One Tree Hill, 666 Park Avenue - as Major Lilywhite.

Malcolm Goodwin - Breakout Kings, House of Cards - as Clive Babinaux.

David Anders - The Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time - as Blaine DeBeers.

Rahul Kohli - Alone Together, Eastenders - as Doctor Ravi Chakrabart.

Aly Milchalka - Phil Of The Future, Anger Management - as Peyton Charles.

Molly Hagan - Unfabulous, Perception - as Eva Moore.

Niick Purcha - Spooksville Freak Files, R.L. Stines' Haunting Hour - as Evan.

Chad Rook - The Flash, Cult - as Dylan Munson.

Bradley James - Merlin, Damien - as Lowell Casey.

The synopsis is as follows:

Olivia “Liv” Moore (Rose McIver) was a rosy-cheeked, disciplined, over-achieving medical resident who had her life path completely mapped out, until the night she attended a party that unexpectedly turned into a zombie feeding frenzy. Afterward, she had become part zombie and currently works at a coroner's office so she can eat brains so she can survive, which gave her a useful ability to get the memories from said brains to help solve homicide mysteries.

And that's basically a premise that gets me interested. May not be into zombies, but hopefully the gore factor, if that indeed, is one here, won;t end up turning me off.

Like the idea of eating the brains in a handy locale, and avoiding the usual hunt and eat, or stave off the hunger, with vampires and others. Getting memories FROM those very brains, an even more interesting aspect of it all.

And, of course, tying all of the horror/sci-fi of it all, to a tried and tested murder mystery, crime drama, right there.

Some fairly versatile and well scoped actors here, as well, and hopefully other comic book shows for the same channel, in of Arrow, of The Flash, won't overshadow this effort. And, of course, the return of Agents of SHIELD that very month.

Hopefully we can have two Vertigo shows, in of Constantine AND iZombie.

Looking forward to it myself, but what about everyone else? Are you interested in the premise, or intrigued by the acting talent?

Have you read the comic book, or are you new to the story?

Damn this looks good. I was expecting not to like it.

I read the comic when I heard about the show. Are they including the weredog and the ghost girl in this?

From CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58388

A new trailer, to enjoy.

Would you consider giving it a go then, saul?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    From CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58388

A new trailer, to enjoy.

Would you consider giving it a go then, saul?
    Oh yeah based on the trailer ill at least watch the pilot ondemand. Maybe live depending on if i am still enjoying agent carter or not

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    I read the comic when I heard about the show. Are they including the weredog and the ghost girl in this?
    I don't honestly know myself, but going by Entertainment Weekly, or CBR, won't be in a monster universe, per say, with zombies the main focus, so, maybe to the ghost girl, with the death and life connection.

But, Arrow had sworn off superpowers and to stay with none, costumes, all that, and yet, Season 2 had the Flash, the Mirakuru soldiers, all that, so, conceivably, 3 could have the Lazarus Pits, and weredogs, perhaps, one day, for iZombie, or even, subtle stuff, grown bigger in a hypothetical 2nd Season.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Oh yeah based on the trailer ill at least watch the pilot ondemand. Maybe live depending on if i am still enjoying agent carter or not
    Well, see, you might not have to choose, depending when Agent Carter ends, and iZombie begins. AOS back in March, but 17th or so might be a bit early for AC to end, or AOS to return.

But, yeah, might be another horror, mystery, comic show to add.

Delighted that on the 17th of March - St Patricks' Day! - we get both a new show, in iZombie, and an old, returning one, in Season 6 of Community!

Be a lovely day for it all, indeed.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Wait a minute. Bradley James is in this? Lol how did I miss that when I first saw this thread? Anyways it's cool that he's in this as well as David Anders. Gives me two reasons to check the show out.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Wait a minute. Bradley James is in this? Lol how did I miss that when I first saw this thread? Anyways it's cool that he's in this as well as David Anders. Gives me two reasons to check the show out.
    Yep. The Once and Future King, in the Once and Future horror mystery show.

And yeah, Anders seems to have a similar condition to Liv, judging by the trailer.

Well, assuming this gets shown in the UK I'll be giving it a try just for Anders and James alone. Never read the comics so I don't have any material to judge it by either.

Well, assuming this gets shown in the UK I'll be giving it a try just for Anders and James alone. Never read the comics so I don't have any material to judge it by either.
    Ah yes, coming in fresh can help, yes. Like me with Constantine, coming into the show and comics around the same time, the former getting me to read the latter.

Even if familarity made me compare Justin Hartleys' Oliver Queen to Stephen Amells'.

I hope you enjoy it, glad those actors are your flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Ah yes, coming in fresh can help, yes. Like me with Constantine, coming into the show and comics around the same time, the former getting me to read the latter.

Even if familarity made me compare Justin Hartleys' Oliver Queen to Stephen Amells'.

I hope you enjoy it, glad those actors are your flavour.
    Assuming it gets shown over here than yeh hopefully I will enjoy it. At the very least it has two actors that I like in it. And I am familiar with Rose McIver as I enjoy Once Upon A Time but can't really judge her as that's all I've seen her in and she wasn't in it much (relatively speaking).

I was only semi-interested in it as I was only going to watch it if there wasn't anything else on at the time, then I heard Anders was in it then I was like - Must watch! But now Bradley's in it and it's like okay now I really DO have to watch it! lol

Assuming it gets shown over here than yeh hopefully I will enjoy it. At the very least it has two actors that I like in it. And I am familiar with Rose McIver as I enjoy Once Upon A Time but can't really judge her as that's all I've seen her in and she wasn't in it much (relatively speaking).

I was only semi-interested in it as I was only going to watch it if there wasn't anything else on at the time, then I heard Anders was in it then I was like - Must watch! But now Bradley's in it and it's like okay now I really DO have to watch it! lol
    Ah, well I'm glad to hear that. Yes, I often go into stuff, knowing it's Daniel Radcliffe, or Joseph Gordon-Levitt, because I love the latter actor, and I'm still curious to see what he has to offer, after Potter, in former.

Anders and McIlver were, as you might know, or see above, in OUAT. One, Dr. Whale/Frankenstein, the other Tinkerbell.

And I know Bradley hasn't been in Damien yet, or that hasn't aired yet, but just wanted to subtly, or in my own, small way, get people to watch that.

I will say, gping by Wikipedia, where I got most of this, the first four in the cast above are Main Cast/Regulars, last 5 are Recurring, so might not see Bradley as much, as someone like David Anders, or Rose McIlver.

Extraordinary Member

Not a Zombie fan at all, but the show does look pretty good. I await it!