Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I love that scene.
    If this show were nothing more than Liv, the cop, and the doctor, I would still be happy. They're pretty much what made me fall in love with iZombie.
    The show, or the comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    The show, or the comic?
    The show.
    Any time one of those three show up on the screen puts a smile on my face.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

The show.
    Any time one of those three show up on the screen puts a smile on my face.
    Ah, nice, I'm glad to hear that.

Should be more than enough Liv in the next 12, and probably enough Ravi, and decent bit of the other man too.

Ah, nice, I'm glad to hear that.

Should be more than enough Liv in the next 12, and probably enough Ravi, and decent bit of the other man too.
    LOL 'the other man'.
    That new detective Clive just can't get no love
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

LOL 'the other man'.
    That new detective Clive just can't get no love
    Sorry, sorry.

Just couldn't remember Detec-tive Babin-eauxs' name! No, he's okay, but might prefer Liv, or Ravi.

Mother isn't the most likeable, so far, but maybe in time, sure.

Sorry, sorry.

Just couldn't remember Detec-tive Babin-eauxs' name! No, he's okay, but might prefer Liv, or Ravi.

Mother isn't the most likeable, so far, but maybe in time, sure.
    No worries, I thought it was funny since the first episode had him struggling because of being the new guy.

I agree about the mom. And sister. In the credits the sister was listed as a guest, so I don't think she'll be showing much if at all. The mom however needs to be written with some kind of likable quality or I don't see her character being that welcome with viewers much longer.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

No worries, I thought it was funny since the first episode had him struggling because of being the new guy.

I agree about the mom. And sister. In the credits the sister was listed as a guest, so I don't think she'll be showing much if at all. The mom however needs to be written with some kind of likable quality or I don't see her character being that welcome with viewers much longer.
    Very much, yes.

Least the sister had the moment with Liv, one on one, and can understand it all, but with the mother, it's like it's all about what she wants for Liv, rather than what Liv wants, or anything.

How much she loves Liv doing that, and other things etc.

Grr, respect her daughter more, support her more, that's all.

Not that helpful, or nice, really, but maybe soon, or in a couple episodes, sure.

Help the audience, if not Liv, given the whole zombie thing. Ravi'd probably be the biggest help or support, then.

BANNED

i don't see why the mother has to be 'likeable'. she's the type of mother that wants the best for her children, she just thinks she knows better than them.

if your child did a complete 180 and was regressing and refusing help or counseling for, what, a year or so, i would hope you would be frustrated and not just enable it. it's not like she's been disowned.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    i don't see why the mother has to be 'likeable'. she's the type of mother that wants the best for her children, she just thinks she knows better than them.

if your child did a complete 180 and was regressing and refusing help or counseling for, what, a year or so, i would hope you would be frustrated and not just enable it. it's not like she's been disowned.
    Can see your point, and the frustration is warranted, but all the same, most of what we got of the character, and more reasonable, understanding, or patient mothers, fictional or what have you.

A bit more likeable, then?

But, sure, will wait and see, but I see your point, all the same. But, all this wouldn't be happening if not for a force outside her control, the outbreak, and something she couldn't help, becoming a zombie by being scratched, by Blaine.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post

I should have used a different word. I meant enjoyable. There have been plenty of characters that I disliked but can still enjoy watching them. I can't say the same for the mom. That can change though if she gets to have a scene or two like the sister had.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I should have used a different word. I meant enjoyable. There have been plenty of characters that I disliked but can still enjoy watching them. I can't say the same for the mom. That can change though if she gets to have a scene or two like the sister had.
    Just her and Liv, or a heart to heart, thing?

Just her and Liv, or a heart to heart, thing?
    Anything that gives her more depth. The sister annoyed me at first but then she vented and all of the sudden she became someone I could relate to.
    The mom's not a bad character, it's just I don't really find anything appealing about her right now and like I originally said that if he writing stays the same she might not appeal to others as the series progresses.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quite a funny show, but still pissed they are trying to pass this off as anything to do with the comic.

It's not, and that's pretty much all I have to dislike about it.

As a stand alone new show, I'd be raving about this, but as a supposed adaptation of one of my favourite series' of the past few years, it sucks.

So, likely to keep watching, while still grumbling about it
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I thought It was a enjoyable show that I really hope catches on. I know alot of people who like Z-Nation another Zom-Com would like this show. It's all a matter of whose willing to give it a chance because There are Walking Dead fans who just like the Zombie theme to be serious. But I'm a flexible horror fan. I thought she looked like the comic character. Shows alot of promise. Maybe ramp up the gore and have other horror entities other than zombies and itll be really good.

New episode, Episode 2, Brother, Can You Spare A Brain?, is later today, or tommorrow.

Here's a promo: