Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

This is iZombie in name only.

It's so changed from what the book was, frankly it's stretching it to call it an adaptation. This appears to just be Tru Calling with zombies, rather than an entertaining romp with ghosts, monster hunters, and gay dog boys.

That lacklustre trailer didn't help with my opinion of the show
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I like the comic series, but the trailer to this just seems bland and unfunny.
    I'm the opposite. I didn't care for the comic, but the trailer makes me want to watch the show. I'll be giving it a go.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

I was skeptical but the trailer got me interested. It looks like it could be a fun show.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

It already looks better than the comic. iZombie looked absolutely gorgeous thanks to Mike Allred's pencils, but the writing was horrendous. I have faith in Rob Thomas, since Veronica Mars was possibly the slickest series aimed at young adults that I've ever seen, predating Brick (a movie featuring the same hard boiled detective format in high school format that pretty much launched Joseph Gordan-Levitt's career as an adult actor).

"My name...is not...BEAVER. IT'S CASSIDY!"
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Amazing Member

Really looking forward to this! Even if it's in the case-of-the-week format I hope the comedy and charm keep me coming back. And who knows, lots of "procedurals" have overarching plots and sometimes even evolve into serialized format (Fringe, Person of Interest)

Looks promising. Not too impressive, but still promising. It has a very different concept compared to other DC shows. Maybe that's what will make it work in the long run. It's no Walking Dead, that's for sure. But based on the trailer, it sounds a bit too much like the Vampire Dairies. I'm still willing to give it a chance, but I'd rather see more new episodes of Constantine at this point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    Not terribly impressed with this.
    Turning this into a police procedural is about the laziest thing they could've done.
    I'm not against adding to source material, but if you have no interest in using the source material, what's the point?

The actress actually does resemble the character and I really do hope this shows worthwhile, just having a hard time seeing it
    Why did they change the main characters name? Is Gwen Dylan less realistic name than liv moore?
    i don't know what the point of using this property is if they aren't gonna use any source material....they are lucky most viewers won't know Izombie was a comic book....

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I've never read the comic and to be honest I'm only going to give this a chance due to David Anders being in it as I'm a fan of him as an actor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    also taking it out of a monster based universe in a world where it's just the zombies....might tick off some fans of the book big time
    You need to look at CW as a whole. Theres Vampire Diaries, Originals and Supernatural, all 3 shows features vampire, werewolves, witches and etc. iZombie came to a network like that if iZombie were to incorporate all those supernatural creatures, it'll end up making the show look very redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    This is iZombie in name only.

It's so changed from what the book was, frankly it's stretching it to call it an adaptation. This appears to just be Tru Calling with zombies, rather than an entertaining romp with ghosts, monster hunters, and gay dog boys.

That lacklustre trailer didn't help with my opinion of the show
    Actually I think it captures the book's quirkiness, the attitude of the main character, the idea of eating brains to keep sanity and I think thats about enough for the adaptations. Whenever comics get adapted, creators get royalties and thats still a win win than creating a lookalike tv show. TVD was also loosely adapted from the main books and it became a massive hit. Some shows truely works by sticking to their comic book adaptations, walking dead, arrow, flash but not every book have that much of an audience to be worth staying true to. It makes more sense to create something that would work on another platform.
    Also, I love the quirkiness of the trailer and I think according to the number of views on youtube, quite a few people liked it also.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I've never read the comic and to be honest I'm only going to give this a chance due to David Anders being in it as I'm a fan of him as an actor.
    The Vampire Diaries, House, Once Upon a Frankenstein

Yeah, does well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    CW have come a long way. Today CW have their first 2 golden globe nominations with jane the virgin, largest viewership in 6 six years with flash and tons of extremely good entertainment for young adults, quite a few of which are pretty well done creatively. I think we need to change the concept of CW being a teen girl network.

Heres a thread on how head writer of THR learnt to love CW
    http://community.comicbookresources....ned-to-love-CW
    Last edited by nightrider; 01-12-2015 at 09:03 AM.

BANNED

it's just IZombie was a book of the supernatural...and if you just strip it down to zombies...that supernatural aspect goes away and you could just say oh this was an infection...blah blah blah realism blah blah blah

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    I wonder if this will be in the Arrow/Flash universe, being a DC adaption, or in it's own universe similar to how the comic wasn't in the DC New Earth.
    Seems like the CW is still thinking about that.

CW boss Mark Pedowitz was quizzed on another possible crossover on that network. "Does iZombie share the universe [with Flash and Arrow]? We're not sure about that yet..."
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=113506