Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member wickedmountain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wickedmountain View Post
    hopefully will be relaunched in june with another name or the heroes on a different earth .
    Just don't want to see these heroes gone plus Earth 2 is a huge part of the history .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The book is beyond saving at this point anyway. Put it out of its misery.
    yeah, I don't think there is saving. I guess they didn't released it with the solicitations to not spoil it and gain some money with worlds ends

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Whether it's officially being canceled or not, DC is certainly giving it the 'dead man walking' treatment, marginalizing it in terms of importance as an ancillary book (to World's End), putting on a writer/artist team that is relatively unknown (not speaking to their quality, just to their visibility).
    It does kind of feel that way. It doesn't even get any themed variant covers now.

the book has its problems but i don't want to see it canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    They're trying not to spoil the ending, but Future's End already did. Everyone on Earth 2 ends up on Prime Earth. It's hard to have a title when all your heroes left. I'm sure there will be something else to follow them, like After Earth 2, but they need to do something to stop the train wreck that Earth 2 has become (ironic because it started with an actual train wreck).

spoilers:
    Earth 2 is going to become Apokolips it's so painfully obvious.
    end of spoilers
    Earth 2 heroes coming to Prime Earth triggers the Brother eye apocalypse.

THE NEW 52: FUTURES END #47
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO, JEFF LEMIRE, DAN JURGENS and KEITH GIFFEN
    Art by ANDY McDONALD
    Cover by RYAN SOOK
    On sale MARCH 25 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    As the action draws to a close, the future of the DCU is set! It all leads back to one moment in space and time that will change the fate of two worlds! A tie-in to EARTH 2: WORLD’S END #26!
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Astonishing Member

For those lamenting the (possible) cancellation of the book, I just want to reiterate; it's an important book and franchise for DC, or at least a stalwart one. It won't be cancelled in any relevant, permanent, way. The cancellation will be akin to the cancellation of "Teen Titans"; to be followed up upon with something very much in the same vein, with at least some of the characters, set pieces, and themes.

Alan Scott, Jay Garrick and Kendra will be around. Probably the new Superman and Power Girl, too. Not sure in what milieu (separate universe, Earth Prime, the PAST of Earth Prime, etc) but they'll be around.

BANNED

For those lamenting the (possible) cancellation of the book, I just want to reiterate; it's an important book and franchise for DC, or at least a stalwart one. It won't be cancelled in any relevant, permanent, way. The cancellation will be akin to the cancellation of "Teen Titans"; to be followed up upon with something very much in the same vein, with at least some of the characters, set pieces, and themes.

Alan Scott, Jay Garrick and Kendra will be around. Probably the new Superman and Power Girl, too. Not sure in what milieu (separate universe, Earth Prime, the PAST of Earth Prime, etc) but they'll be around.
    I'm not sure that earth 2 will get a relaunch, the brand earth 2 got burned by all the crap that happened on World's end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I'm not sure that earth 2 will get a relaunch, the brand earth 2 got burned by all the crap that happened on World's end.
    The title itself may not get a relaunch, but who could possibly care about something as insignificant as that? The characters and concepts will live on in some form, and that is surely the only relevant part, the only part anyone could realistically be concerned with keeping.

BANNED

The title itself may not get a relaunch, but who could possibly care about something as insignificant as that? The characters and concepts will live on in some form, and that is surely the only relevant part, the only part anyone could realistically be concerned with keeping.
    they have to "live" in some title. For now I feel cheated in the way DC treating earth 2

Astonishing Member

I am sure that within a year of the final issue you'll see something that features those characters centrally; be it called Earth 2, JSA, Infinity Inc, All Star Squadron, etc.

I am sure that within a year of the final issue you'll see something that features those characters centrally; be it called Earth 2, JSA, Infinity Inc, All Star Squadron, etc.
    But the thing is Earth 2 didn't a final issue solicit only the weekly series.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Astonishing Member

I understand. It's still speculation. But it's speculation born of a number of factors and indicators; the Previews print, the overall direction of the Earth 2 universe/Earth as defunct, the choice of direction of the Earth 2 book (an ancillary, additive title, rather than a main focus), the choice of talent (largely unknowns).

All of these moves tend to indicate that DC has lost interest or faith in the title; you see them frequently. We saw it in JSA, in fact, when Mark Guggenheim and Tom Derenick were put on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The book is beyond saving at this point anyway. Put it out of its misery.
    Agreed. DC had something great with Earth 2 and they decided to destroy it.

I hate the idea of the Earth 2 characters being sent to Prime Earth to take a backseat to the regular heroes.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Agreed. DC had something great with Earth 2 and they decided to destroy it.

I hate the idea of the Earth 2 characters being sent to Prime Earth to take a backseat to the regular heroes.
    I agree. What is the point of putting them on Prime Earth with all the Justice Leagues. They will just become sidenote characters.

Spectacular Member

This iteration of Earth-2/the JSA is basically beyond repair.

I'm expecting some sort of new Earth 2 or JSA after Convergence that is almost completely separated from this version.