View Poll Results: Is it Time Wonder Woman Got a New Editor?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 75.76%
  • No

3 9.09%
  • Other(Please Specify)

5 15.15%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    And you've said the above before as well. Not a fan of this discussion? this thread is all about the editorial handling of Wonder Woman in recent years.
    Actually, the part in bold is the exact reason I pointed it out.

We all know that the creative team behind issues #1-35 of the current run negotiated a run with no editorial interference. Once a team has done that, the editor is a non-issue.

It is not a run that fits into a discussion of if an editor has done an effective job. Never was.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Actually, the part in bold is the exact reason I pointed it out.

We all know that the creative team behind issues #1-35 of the current run negotiated a run with no editorial interference. Once a team has done that, the editor is a non-issue.

It is not a run that fits into a discussion of if an editor has done an effective job. Never was.

Actually, I believe Azz said in an interview a few months ago that he was allowed to do everything he wanted to do except pair Wonder Woman with Orion romantically so his run did receive at least that one bit of editorial interference. Then there was also the Zero Year and Villains Month issues that were required of all DC titles which he ended up participating in. Taking all of that into account, I think Azz's run definitely is grounds for discussion within this thread. Again, if the topic or the various subjects mentioned in this thread don't interest you, you are not required to read or participate in this thread. After all, it seems like the only time you reply to me is when you want to argue or disagree with something so I really won't miss any lack of response from you. I'm not trying to be rude but that's how I feel - plain & simple.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

DC dictating terms is not editorial telling you "yes" or "no".

Actually, I believe Azz said in an interview a few months ago that he was allowed to do everything he wanted to do except pair Wonder Woman with Orion romantically so his run did receive at least that one bit of editorial interference. Then there was also the Zero Year and Villains Month issues that were required of all DC titles which he ended up participating in. Taking all of that into account, I think Azz's run definitely is grounds for discussion within this thread. Again, if the topic or the various subjects mentioned in this thread don't interest you, you are not required to read or participate in this thread. After all, it seems like the only time you reply to me is when you want to argue or disagree with something so I really won't miss any lack of response from you. I'm not trying to be rude but that's how I feel - plain & simple.
    I gotta agree that this discussion has drifted into the merits of the run moreso than the editorial influence (both good and bad) of the run. However, even though Azzarello had a virtually hands-off editor (and it seems he did) the lack of an editor is itself worthy discourse for this thread.

Still, we're not really talking about editors anymore.

Oh, as for Azzarello and those two September issues, I recall reading in an interview that DC approached Azz and Chiang about the issue, and Azz said "No" originally. DC was fine with that and said they'd get another team to do it. It was a #0 issue anyway, and wouldnt disrupt what Azz was doing. Azz agreed to help make sure it didnt inadvertently contradict his title. However, after talking about it a bit, Azz and Chiang hit upon a really cool hook (writing it like an issue from the Silver Age), called up the editor, and agreed to do the issue. I *think* Chiang talked about this in an interview done after his WW run ended.

Based on how DC handled the Zero Issues, (the regular teams didnt have to do them if they didnt want to or didnt have time) I imagine the Villains Month issues were the same.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Fixed? I'd appreciate a little more maturity from you than that.

Your reasonings sound like childish excuses as well. Plus - Azz's Ares always had a humanoid form and I'm sure she's seen people wearing helmets before on her island of immortal warriors. The shadow in the pond water could have easily been from one of her sisters.
    When you post scans that aren't taken out of context and maybe even supports your argument, I'll be better.

There's nothing particularly childish about the line of reasoning I am following, it's just the facts thats presented when you have the whole picture.
    If it had been one of her sisters, they would have announced they were there. Plus; when have you ever seen an Amazon wearing horns?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    When you post scans that aren't taken out of context and maybe even supports your argument, I'll be better.

There's nothing particularly childish about the line of reasoning I am following, it's just the facts thats presented when you have the whole picture.
    If it had been one of her sisters, they would have announced they were there. Plus; when have you ever seen an Amazon wearing horns?

This system only allows 3 images per post so it's hard to post more than the scans that show the main point I'm trying to make. You and Blacksun both read the entire run. You know what came before the scans anyways. My point is that I don't agree that Azz provided Diana with enough justification to do the things she did in those scans. The reasons given were weak at best, especially for the last two which resulted in sexual assault and attempted murder.

Anyways, let's table this part of the discussion and focus on the editorial from here on out in this thread so that no-one gets upset that we've sidetracked the thread.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

From today's interview with Meredith Finch here on CBR, she sets the record straight on her preparation for bringing Donna Troy into the New 52:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58486

"When I found out that I was going to have the opportunity to bring Donna back into the DCU I researched her various origin stories."

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    She has stated she's interested in bringing back Wonder Woman's older rogues. We know Donna's coming back, as well. IS back, in fact. There's a more than slight chance that this new nemesis of Diana's could, indeed, be an old Wonder rogue reborn. She's also expressed an interest in bringing back Angle Man, so I respectfully submit that for her to know about these characters (many of whom haven't been seen in years or longer) suggests that she's at least passingly familiar with them.
    That is not what I get from this bit of the interview -

Obviously, the big moment in "Wonder Woman" #37 was the reveal on the final page of Donna Troy making her New 52 debut. Did you have a familiarity with the character before this arc?

Meredith Finch: I really didn't. I usually tend to read whatever Dave is working on and then whatever looks good in the box of comps. Being a relative newcomer to comics and the entire DC Universe I had certainly heard of Donna Troy -- conventions are great ways to expand your comic repertoire -- but I really didn't know much about the character.

BANNED

From today's interview with Meredith Finch here on CBR, she sets the record straight on her preparation for bringing Donna Troy into the New 52:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58486

"When I found out that I was going to have the opportunity to bring Donna back into the DCU I researched her various origin stories."
    and she came with a worse origin...

BANNED

Oh man judging from the gross inconsistencies I thought Wonder Woman didn't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquesse_de_Sade View Post
    Oh man judging from the gross inconsistencies I thought Wonder Woman didn't have one.

I can't say that it would surprise me if this turned out to be true.

BANNED

I can't say that it would surprise me if this turned out to be true.
    This job for him must be like a vacation. How does one become an editor, I really think I'd do a fantastic job
    Last edited by Marquesse_de_Sade; 02-25-2015 at 09:29 AM.

BANNED

Sometimes I think WW editor doesn't has power over what happens under other editors. that must be a awful job see people getting her wrong and can't do anything

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

An editor that doesn't lend out her villains to get jobbed in other titles would be nice for a change.