Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I bet Bettman and Co. are salivating at the prospect of a LA/NY final. I mean seriously, that is THE dream US matchup in terms of viewership potential. I'm actually hoping it happens as I kind of like LA, although some of my co-workers are Sharks fans so I have to keep it a secret. After SJ's mega-collapse, one guy went fully offline for 48 hours, no phone calls, nothing.
    either way works as long as the Rangers are in...Rangers/Kings or Rangers/Hawks get big tv markets in

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    either way works as long as the Rangers are in...Rangers/Kings or Rangers/Hawks get big tv markets in
    King Henrik and the Rangers versus the defending Stanley Cup Champions? Count me in if that happens. The ratings would be tremendous.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well, that was certainly a dramatic ending to the Canadiens vs. Rangers game. Lucky bounce leads to 2-1 Montreal lead. Lucky bounce leads to the game being tied and a lucky bounce leads to the overtime winner.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Rangers should be desperate to get game 4. Lose, and momentum, home ice, and whatever else gets lost as well.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Well, that was certainly a dramatic ending to the Canadiens vs. Rangers game. Lucky bounce leads to 2-1 Montreal lead. Lucky bounce leads to the game being tied and a lucky bounce leads to the overtime winner.
    You know what they say, sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Went to the Kings/'hawks game at Staples Center yesterday and had a blast. Only my third Kings game this year (too many Clippers games for me), but going to try to go to at least one more.

Think they can defeat the Blackhawks? After last night's win, I certainly think so!
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post
    Went to the Kings/'hawks game at Staples Center yesterday and had a blast. Only my third Kings game this year (too many Clippers games for me), but going to try to go to at least one more.

Think they can defeat the Blackhawks? After last night's win, I certainly think so!
    Nice. I bet that was a fun game to see live. Id love to see a playoff game live for the atmosphere.

I think the Kings could very well take the series. The Blackhawks seem a little depleted compared to last year, and the Kings keep coming back.

Confuzzled but happy snarkbunny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post

Nothing beats watching hockey live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Nice. I bet that was a fun game to see live. Id love to see a playoff game live for the atmosphere.
    It is a worthy goal and a memorable experience. I used to go to the Sens playoff games (before I moved away from Ottawa) and it is an amazing atmosphere. The other other times that are like it are the specials (All-Star Game, outdoor games), international games, and when there was the big minor hockey tournament in town. Seriously, when you go to a game where over 1/2 the attendees are made up of kids from minor league teams attending their first or second NHL game, it's this insanely fun atmosphere filled with excited kids.

I think the Kings could very well take the series. The Blackhawks seem a little depleted compared to last year, and the Kings keep coming back.
    Possibly. A lot will depend on how Chicago reacts in the next game, and of course, which goaltender gets hot.

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Playoff atmosphere is always so heightened it's almost addicting! I've seen many playoff games in my life time, including some finals games, and nothing is quite like it. Not even the BIG regular season game compares. SO much fun!

And truly, LA Kings fans are probably the most dedicated and loudest fans in Los Angeles. Totally eclipse Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Angels fans. No comparison.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

BANNED

another overtime in Rangers/Canadiens

my heart can't take this

BANNED

Martin St Louis!!!

The Habs gave up too many good chances. Can't keep making those kinds of plays and not get burned! Now the Rangers have the choke hold on this series.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Martin St Louis!!!
    What a shot

Unless they make up a 3-goal deficit in the 3rd, Blackhawks look to be in a world of trouble.

If anyone can pull themselves out of a hole though, it's the Hawks. Maybe I'm just being optimistic though, as the Kings are my second least favorite team (only the Bruins are worse. Does anyone like Boston sports apart from people from Boston?).

Seriously though, in my mind whichever team comes out of the west is going to take the cup. The powerhouses in the west are just better in seemingly every way.