Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    4 instances, 2 of which are debatable since they involve a clone and an adoptive sister, doesn't mean Marvel likes incest. There's probably as many instances of dogs dying, but you wouldn't say Marvel loves killing dogs. As for the Inhuman's when was the last time they even mentioned the whole inbred thing? I feel like it's one of those icky things (like Reed and Sue falling in love when she was only 10 and him in college) that gets swept under the rug. I'll give you Ultimates though, I have no idea what Loeb was thinking (that was Loeb right?)

The clone is incest because even though she was a clone of Jean she still has the same genetic markup as her. Therefore though she wasn't technically his mother she is relative to him and shares 50% of the genes he does; making their relationship incestuous.

The royal family is inbreed. It has been stated in the comics that BlackBolt and Medusa were cousins. Anyways marvel will probably retcon this soon. Crystal also often referred to BlackBolt and Maximus as her Uncle. Though this was probably more of a writing mistake.

I forgot that it was StarHawk's adoptive sister. You're right it isn't genetically incestuous. Just down right creepy because they were raised as siblings.

Anyways I really do not want to derail this topic and turn it into a conversation about the instances of incest in marvel. My previous post was in no way serious and was intended to be read in a bitter sarcastic tone, as I am very angry and frustrated with marvel at the moment for ruining the inhumans and making Pietro and Wanda no longer Magneto's children.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quicksilver hasn't been a mutant since 2006. He lost his powers on M-Day, and regained them via Terrigen Crystals, meaning that he has been an Inhuman for the past 8 years.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    I don't think they'll be Inhuman. I'm betting on the High Evolutionary trying to replicate Mutants. So he inseminated Magda with twins that where not mutants, but something like mutants. To fall more in line with the films having them be genetic experiments.
    so they are mutates? I'm Ok if QuickSilver is an Inhuman when he lost his powers he used the Tmist crystals and that fix did not work for all mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daska View Post
    I really hope I am wrong. Mainly because this idea is completely stupid and would ruin inhumans more for me then marvel already has done. Also if this turns out to be true Pietro would have married his Auntie making Luna his daughter/ niece.
    I'm guessing you don't like the current Inhuman story?

BANNED

I still like my FemKang idea for explaining the mutant race.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    sorry by non-canon i meant non-616. i got my terms confused.
    Still wrong, then, since Counter-Earth is on the other side of the Sun in the 616 universe, not in an alternate universe.

And really, alternate universes and visits to them are still part of canon and continuity, although their histories may be different than that of the 616.

i don't think so. people asked if this was the same earth that was on the other side of the sun and tom brevoort told that fan no it wasn't.

BANNED

It's a new one, so the older heroes reborn one won't be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i don't think so. people asked if this was the same earth that was on the other side of the sun and tom brevoort told that fan no it wasn't.
    The term 'Counter-Earth' means 'Earth-like planet on the opposite (counter) side of the Sun'. You may be confused in that there have been other Counter-Earths before this, and I did see where Brevoort said the previous one (that originated in Franklin's Heroes Reborn pocket universe and then got moved to the 616 in that position by Doom) was in Franklin's closet.

But if it was just another alternate Earth, there'd be no reason to call it Counter-Earth.

there's only so much room in the solar system for earths. this one is obviously in another dimension.

BANNED

Actually if it occupies the same orbit as Earth, just 180 around the eliptical, it shouldn't affect any of the other planets.

there's already one that occupy the same orbit as earth and tom brevoort said this one wasn't it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Actually if it occupies the same orbit as Earth, just 180 around the eliptical, it shouldn't affect any of the other planets.
    If its always been there....otherwise, yes the gravity shift of having a planet suddenly appear would effect the rest of the solar system.