Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

The tea set was in the submarine at the end of King of Fear! It was a subtle little background detail, but I always loved that whoever it was in that suit bothered to keep the tea set around, even though he can't use it anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by jeremypowell View Post
    That's a beautiful little comic (though it does end rather abruptly -- am I missing something? Have we seen that tea set before?) But I'm a bit confused as to its status: is this story canon?
    Not sure if it's canon. We'll have to wait and see if it gets collected in a trade. Hopefully.

I think of it as more of a teaser than a complete story, so the abrupt ending didn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by cantide View Post
    The tea set was in the submarine at the end of King of Fear! It was a subtle little background detail, but I always loved that whoever it was in that suit bothered to keep the tea set around, even though he can't use it anymore...
    Nice catch! I thought that was a pretty cool detail.

making onions cry since.. captain onion peeler's Avatar

Wow, that is great. What a joy to be a fan and be able to add to something you enjoy so much. She has several other pictures on her deviant art page.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Not sure if it's canon. We'll have to wait and see if it gets collected in a trade. Hopefully.

I think of it as more of a teaser than a complete story, so the abrupt ending didn't bother me.

Nice catch! I thought that was a pretty cool detail.
    It was awesome, so its canon as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It was awesome, so its canon as far as I'm concerned.
    I have my fingers crossed it will be collected some day. Perhaps with all the flashback one-shots. That'd be nice.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I have my fingers crossed it will be collected some day. Perhaps with all the flashback one-shots. That'd be nice.
    That would be one sweet collection, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Was this short story ever collected in a TPB? The Hellboy wikia site says Vol 4: "The Shape of things to come", but that can't be true.

http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/The_Calm_Before_the_Storm

The trade paperback chronology linked from that page mentions it under uncollected Abe stories, so I guess that answers that question. Hopefully the next Abe tpb collects it and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    Was this short story ever collected in a TPB? The Hellboy wikia site says Vol 4: "The Shape of things to come", but that can't be true.

http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/The_Calm_Before_the_Storm
    All the flashback stories will be collected in a single trade, when the Abe Sapien Dark and Terrible cycle is complete.