Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sixth Gun

Default The Sixth Gun

So after learning that Cullen Bunn was the writer of The Sixth Gun - a comic I'd heard great things about - I decided I'd give it a try.
    Usually I don't go for Westerns but now that I've read the first full issue I've gone and ordered the first TPB.
    Really looking forward to reading it.

So for all those who have thought about reading it and even those that haven't, here's issue one to suck you in:-

Free Comic Book Day - The Sixth Gun Issue #1

Happy reading!
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

ComiXology ran a sale on The Sixth Gun not too long ago. I read 1-23 (first 4 arcs) and the first mini. I bought the rest of the series up to current, but I like reading in big chunks. I'm trying to hold out until the finale drops and read the second half of the series all together. Very entertaining!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    So after learning that Cullen Bunn was the writer of The Sixth Gun - a comic I'd heard great things about - I decided I'd give it a try.
    Usually I don't go for Westerns but now that I've read the first full issue I've gone and ordered the first TPB.
    Really looking forward to reading it.

So for all those who have thought about reading it and even those that haven't, here's issue one to suck you in:-

Free Comic Book Day - The Sixth Gun Issue #1

Happy reading!
    Glad you gave it a shot. I hear a lot of folks say they don't like westerns but they dig this book. I appreciate you spreading the word!

Spectacular Member

Hello, I have been reading The Sixth Gun since the first issue. My local store was pretty good on giving it a push when it first came out and I picked it up and have had it on my pull list the whole way.

I'm sure it has to be pretty rewarding to have had such a long series get to it's natural conclusion. Did you guys have the series completely planned out or did it just go where it went?

One thing I really like about the title is that even on the comics that Brian Hurtt did not draw, there seems to be a 'style' that comes through keeping it all very consistent.

I think if people like Hellboy and those related comics, they would definitely find something to like in The Sixth Gun. There is definitely a world been created in the title and you guys were good about getting the back story of the various characters across the series.

Thanks!

All-New Member

The hardback collectors editions are full of amazing stuff. Even though I already owned the comics I purchased it anyway and was not disappointed. The oversized pages really make the panels come alive. I wish all the comics would "take a page" from this promotion.

Finally got The Sixth Gun: Book 1 in the post today. I loved it.
    Great story, interesting characters, plenty of twists & turns, wonderful art and I love the whole idea of the six guns.
    The only problem I had with it is that I'm gonna have to spend more money getting the rest of the volumes now.

Mr. Bunn, out of curiosity, do you have a general estimate of when you think the finale issue will drop? I want to do a full read-through leading up to its release.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Mr. Bunn, out of curiosity, do you have a general estimate of when you think the finale issue will drop? I want to do a full read-through leading up to its release.
    I can't recall the exact date, but in the next 6 months or so? There's a skip in there, because the final issue is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    I can't recall the exact date, but in the next 6 months or so? There's a skip in there, because the final issue is MASSIVE!
    Sounds great!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Sixth Gun! One of these days I might even upgrade to the hardcovers but for now I am enjoying each and every trade.

Finally got Volume 2 the other day.
    This is a brilliant comic.
    Really love the story, ideas and characters.
    Can't wait to read more.

I really love this series. It is fun to read slowly and make sure you mentally give everyone very thick, southern drawls. If you take your time with it, it has the best environment and atmosphere in current comics, I always feel completely engrossed in the world within it.

Tracked this thread down because I just read The Sixth Gun - Dust To Dust #1, and it was amazing. I am more excited for this mini than the others, it seems real cool. Also, the Lil' Sixth Gun feature at the back was a welcome surprise. I usually skip things like that in most comics, but for this one, I couldn't help myself, and loved it.

I haven't read any Sixth Gun since vol. 4 and that needs to change soon. I think I'll snag the HCs as well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigJeff View Post
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Sixth Gun! One of these days I might even upgrade to the hardcovers but for now I am enjoying each and every trade.
    Glad you're digging it!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I really love this series. It is fun to read slowly and make sure you mentally give everyone very thick, southern drawls. If you take your time with it, it has the best environment and atmosphere in current comics, I always feel completely engrossed in the world within it.

Tracked this thread down because I just read The Sixth Gun - Dust To Dust #1, and it was amazing. I am more excited for this mini than the others, it seems real cool. Also, the Lil' Sixth Gun feature at the back was a welcome surprise. I usually skip things like that in most comics, but for this one, I couldn't help myself, and loved it.
    That L'il Sixth Gun stuff is just awesome, isn't it?

I'm pretty proud of the way Dust to Dust turned out. It's a completely different type of story than you've seen in the other minis. That's one of the things I love about this world. There are so many types of story to be told.