Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Guggenheim Talks "Pushing the Envelope" in "Arrow"/"Flash" Animated Spinoff "Vixen"

TV and comics veteran Marc Guggenheim talks to CBR News about what "Vixen" brings to the "Arrow"-verse, and taking advantage of the animated format.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

Very cool.

I dig the costume redesign. The old one always put me off the character.

The animation style and the title font are also very slick and modern.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 01-12-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Very excited about this! Vixen has so much potential and I hope this leads to regular live action appearances on The Flash and Arrow.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'm really sick of the insistence that all black characters are African-American. They are African, they are from Africa, not the U.S. They're always doing this to Black Panther. Its really annoying, like they couldn't be bothered to do their research.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I'm really sick of the insistence that all black characters are African-American. They are African, they are from Africa, not the U.S. They're always doing this to Black Panther. Its really annoying, like they couldn't be bothered to do their research.
    Maybe she's African American in the show? Not sure, but, different universe, and all that.

Hope I'll be able to watch this, and that it'll be worth a go. And, won't contradict stuff in the larger universe.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Well it all depends if Vixen is an American citizen. If so that would technically make her African-American.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Well it all depends if Vixen is an American citizen. If so that would technically make her African-American.
    Seeing as tho it takes place in Detroit, this may very well be the case.

Anyway, I'm getting really excited for this, can't wait to see Flash animated as well, since his powers I think work best in animation. I really hope they get Gustin Grant to voice him here too.

BANNED

Takes place in Detroit. That's a nice little nod and they should get the Gustin and Amell to voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Takes place in Detroit. That's a nice little nod and they should get the Gustin and Amell to voice.
    I really think that not only Gustin and Amell but the whole casts of Flash and Arrow will voice their characters. This is supposed to be a pretty big thing.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    I really think that not only Gustin and Amell but the whole casts of Flash and Arrow will voice their characters. This is supposed to be a pretty big thing.
    I think you'd have to pry Amell away with a tow truck to stop him from doing Arrow's voice on this. He really loves his job. I'd say Grant Gustin probably would like to do it too. As for the rest of the cast, they always manage to get Colton Hayes and Emily Bett Rickards to do those online tie-in shorts that are like promos for an interactive sweepstakes or whatever, so they would most likely do this.

I do like that she's getting her own mini-series to really introduce what she's like in this continuity without shoe-horning her into the other CW shows. The weakest eps imo of Arrow season 2 were when it was blatantly setting stuff up like teams (SS and BoP) or characters (Barry) just for setup sake. They're a lot better at it now, but I'd rather them use this system for future things instead of breaking the flow of the core series with needless back door pilot eps.

It'll be really cool if they do get the actors from the live-action tv show, to do the voice overs for their characters...

This is great for Vixen, the more exposure, the better, but it makes me wonder, wtf is going on with Static, if I'm not mistaking, this April will be three years since the cancellation, at this point, just let the characters go...

#freestatic
    #MagnetoWasRight

So how long will each episode be? An hour? That can't be cheap.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

So, it's more of a six-episode origin story for Vixen.

I especially like what Guggenheim said at the end there: we may yet see a live-action Vixen if CW believes the character is really resonating with people.

That makes our mission pretty clear: we want more Vixen? We've gotta do everything we can to make this show resonate. Watch it yourselves, obviously. But also, spread the word. Try to bring in as many more people as possible. Tell your friends to watch it. If you're on social media? Spread the word among your groups. Let's not trust that DC alone will do all the advertising and stuff. The more people who hear about this show and tune in? The better the odds of raising Vixen's profile and maybe even landing her her own show.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    So how long will each episode be? An hour? That can't be cheap.
    I doubt it they'll be an hour. I wouldn't expect them to be longer than 22 minutes.