Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Are Green Lantern rings "one size fits all"?

Just a random thought.

Do Green Lantern rings bend and adapt to the chosen user? I assume Kilowog's ring is a lot bigger than Hal's.

What about alien species with no fingers? Does it just go around their entire body?

penetrator of things

Their size and shape change to conform to the bearer of the ring.

Last edited by tako; 01-12-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

They adjust to fit the ringbearer. Mogo's was like an equator of sorts, I believe. (He was a living planet.)

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

They are like the One Ring in Lord of the Rings - they expand and contract to fit the user.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Krotzer View Post
    They adjust to fit the ringbearer. Mogo's was like an equator of sorts, I believe. (He was a living planet.)
    In the recent Godhead crossover, Mogo's ring was just hanging out on a tree branch if I recall correctly! Orion just flew by and snatched it up...
    Action Comics, Batman, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman

The original Mogo "equator" wasn't his ring but more his "uniform/logo" it was the biosphere's plant-life, gathered to make the symbol.
    How he intephased with the ring or what form it took was was not shown, it may very well have been a simple ring just hanging off a plant, or one buried within him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinestro View Post
    In the recent Godhead crossover, Mogo's ring was just hanging out on a tree branch if I recall correctly! Orion just flew by and snatched it up...
    That's just PIS to get Mogo out of the Story, Mogo's ring was in his core at one point, even in GLTAS, Mogo's ring went underground when he was chosen.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Fantastic Member

During a recent GL story arc, Mogo's non retcon ring got exposed for everyone to see deep inside his core, btw it was HUGE
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

Incredible Member

Ah, k. Thanks.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    That's just PIS to get Mogo out of the Story, Mogo's ring was in his core at one point, even in GLTAS, Mogo's ring went underground when he was chosen.
    Well, no, the ring on the tree thing was established sometime before Godhead. I initially thought Mogo's ring was still the huge interior thing, and Orion was going to tear that out. It was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Jordan View Post
    Well, no, the ring on the tree thing was established sometime before Godhead. I initially thought Mogo's ring was still the huge interior thing, and Orion was going to tear that out. It was cool.
    Ohh must have been after he was recreated because it was the ring (and brain) that John shot.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Ohh must have been after he was recreated because it was the ring (and brain) that John shot.
    Yes, exactly this awesome shot. Note that given the size of Mogo (roughly like Earth) his ring is, scaled to human proportions, the size of a sand grain (if even that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Resizing itself to fit its wearer should be a piece of cake for a GL power ring.

I do wonder, however, if a GL power ring can create an edible piece of cake.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Resizing itself to fit its wearer should be a piece of cake for a GL power ring.

Yes, if you happen to be a being that subsists on energy, than a GL ring can feeds you looooots of cake.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Well, Power Ring once created popcorn with his, tasted sorta bland but it was nutritive.

And Guy Gardner created "Death-to-your-enemies popcorn" in DC Universe comic so he could sit tight and watch Brainiac probes slaughter the Sinestro Corps from the comfort of a green beach chair while being behind a force-field.