Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    it does not matter for me he is a bully !!!!!!!!!!!!! that is abuse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no one deserves torture and abuse.# and aoa loki the weapon is not the killer
    So, all superheroes are bullies, then. Captain America became a bully as soon as he punched Hitler and Red Skull.

You did say no one, after all.

you sound like an abuser apologist! just wondering, but is this classed as abusive language?
    Suggesting in a forum that discusses superhero comics that it's sometimes okay when superheroes punch supervillains? Probably not abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegeLoki View Post
    Im not going to get into it on an internet forum. I know what abuse is. Abuse to real, live human beings, not fictional characters. I have lived on the recieving end of it. Im not going to confuse reality with fiction though.
    So, wait - your position is that there can be no stories about different forms of abuse, since if it's happening to fictional characters, it's not really abuse? No, that's silly... you could say the same about theft, murder, prize fights, relationships, everything. Of course it's just fictional, but you can clearly have stories in which one character abuses another.

No, the real issue here is distinguishing (within the story, where the demarcation may not always be the same as we would consider it to be in real life) between physical abuse, and fighting, especially between heroes and villains.

I do not want that loki loses his teeth because thor
    This is nothing. He's already lost his head because of Thor a time or two.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegeLoki View Post
    I intensely disagree with any who say he isn't a multifaceted character because if he is (currently) what the younger Loki grows up to be, then he is anything BUT a one trick pony.
    He isn't, because the younger Loki has already experienced things the older one doesn't remember, like Odin actually saying he loved him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't think it means everyone, just that most people believe he'll turn out that way. Verity doesn't really know him. To her, he's just some weird guy who likes hanging out with her and who has a weird life. Verity hasn't met his family besides Thor, she doesn't know about kidLoki, about Siege, about all the other horrible stuff he's done. Even if she's looked it up on Google, she wasn't there, she didn't meet him. She's like a lot of fans who only know AoA Loki, who only know him as a cute, charming rogue with a dark side. The question is, will she stay with him even when she finds out about the real him?
    Nobody means nobody, so if there's somebody who does want him to change - even a single person - what old Loki says here is incorrect.

And with Verity specifically... you seem to be forgetting that she sees through lies. If he presents himself as a cute, charming rogue with a dark side and that's not the real him, that's a lie and she will know it's not true. So, if that's how she sees him... it's the truth.

Even if he doesn't believe it and is lying to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    He isn't, because the younger Loki has already experienced things the older one doesn't remember, like Odin actually saying he loved him.
    If their timelines become separated, all the better. Then they become two different entities. And I (and others who like him) can keep my actual villain Loki, and others can have their boy band Loki.

The 'title character'/younger Loki of this series has consistently been less interesting to me than the villain as the issues have progressed. Much of his story has seemed lackluster to me and I have no attachment to him as a character like I did with Kid Loki, or even with 'Not Kid Loki' from Young Avengers. No, instead the one that has caught my attention and garnered my sympathy is the older Loki. Who is, at the very least, enjoying his role in the story (while also dicking around with the story from the inside out, which is a very Loki thing to do. Breaking the fourth wall is kind of his thing.).

The angst of the younger Loki just doesn't do anything for me but annoy me? Even the supporting cast (Verity, Sigurd, Lorelei, the Avengers in the first issue, Doom, Valeria, Freyja, hell, even ODIN) has been more interesting to read about than young Loki has been.

Maybe after this next issue he might read a little differently. The Kid Loki thing has been over his head for a while now. Maybe without that baggage, he will have a more interesting story.

Extraordinary Member

I loved kidLoki, but his story was done. He won, and that's what matters.

The question is if Loki would reform if he did have his memories and impulsion. While AoA Loki is the more interesting character, kidLoki was that rare comic book character that made you root for him. You wanted that kid to succeed, and damn you if you didn't. I mostly want AoA Loki to be good just so that kidLoki's sacrifice means something.