Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Angela: Asgard's Assassin, #2

In "Angela: Asgard's Assassin" #2, the stolen baby's identity is revealed and the Asgardians attack.

Full review here.

BANNED

Thor is so unlucky with siblings

You know, in retrospect...what was Thor trying to do when he went to the 10th Realm? He has seen his baby sister stabbed, and even if she had survived, the Angels took her thousands of years before...What was he hoping to find, that would be worth opening the gates to one of Asgard's ancient enemies?

Loving the art in this book and I actually found this issue to be pretty hilarious.

"But if you do not repay the debt, I shall RECLAIM the ball."
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    You know, in retrospect...what was Thor trying to do when he went to the 10th Realm? He has seen his baby sister stabbed, and even if she had survived, the Angels took her thousands of years before...What was he hoping to find, that would be worth opening the gates to one of Asgard's ancient enemies?
    He was trying to save his family, which is a noble goal. You can't blame Thor, especially when we know how protective Thor is to his siblings.

I feel bad for Freya and Odin. No wonder those two are coming undone.

I feel this new baby is really a really unnecessary thing in addition to making Angela a daughter of Odin.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah feel really bad for them, for years they thought they'd lost their daughter, now that they ''get her back'' so to speak she abducts her new born baby sister.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    "But if you do not repay the debt, I shall RECLAIM the ball."
    Loved that bit.

I found the second issue more enjoyable than first issue which is always a good sign to me.

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

I loved everything about this issue, and didn't find the transitions clunky at all...and I don't find Angela to be without a distinct personality at all.

I would be more interested in this whole concept, honestly, if this all emerged from Thor's solo. Not saying she doesn't deserve her own title, but all of this stuff just happened inorganically. I'm genuinely interested in the 10th realm and the idea of Thor having a sister. Unfortunately, Marvel's track record of sticking with a solo title and keeping it away from the mind-numbing crossovers is rather shoddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Loki flat out asked him this in the series. Basically he had faith she was still alive because of the vision he had, so he couldn't pass up at least trying as long as the possibility remained that she still lived.

He was trying to save his family, which is a noble goal. You can't blame Thor, especially when we know how protective Thor is to his siblings.

the whole family is having a pretty rough time of it right now, yeah...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Loved that bit.

I found the second issue more enjoyable than first issue which is always a good sign to me.
    I feel like the 2nd issue is showing more of the comic's unique tone, while the 1st was too much exposition.

I feel like the 2nd issue is showing more of the comic's unique tone, while the 1st was too much exposition.
    I agree. Although to me it almost felt like a lot of exposition without a ton of substance... by that, I mean it really still left SO much left to be explained but it still felt like it unloaded a lot of information. I think I'd prefer them to just explain things more gradually as they go, rather than try and throw tons of exposition into one singular issue because it can get to be too much and sometimes boring. But it was the first issue, so I guess that makes sense.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

tumblr_nhk2rmtMZQ1rp6eo5o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nhk2rmtMZQ1rp6eo5o2_1280.jpg
    he says he enjoys it to hit a woman this is really terrible I think he is not the real thor Something is wrong here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    tumblr_nhk2rmtMZQ1rp6eo5o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nhk2rmtMZQ1rp6eo5o2_1280.jpg
    he says he enjoys it to hit a woman this is really terrible I think he is not the real thor Something is wrong here.
    A woman who defeated him in battle previously and just kidnapped his newborn sister.
    And regardless he is a viking battle is battle and vikongs enjoy battle regardless of the gender of the lethal and dangerous opponent.