Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

https://fbcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.ne...fa021e4d2976ab

It would appear Iron Man has pulled a-head in this match.

BANNED

And it appears to me that Cap is going back to being the slow, mediocre fighter that he was in the first movie. I was hoping he'd look more like he did in the Winter Soldier. I bought that Cap could take on an army of robots in that movie.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    I have the feeling this is going to be really, really bad. Seems like it'll be bloated with characters, I don't like that the Ultron robots are all Iron Man suits and I've got zero confidence in Whedon as a writer or director. Ultron's CGI looks a little shakier here and the Hulk vs Hulkbuster actually looks quite corny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Oh yeah. This is gonna suck. $2 Billion.
    I have gotten to a point to trust the direction of the Marvel Movie Universe at this point, mainly not only for Wheadon's Skills in movies like Avengers and Cabin in the Woods that he help write, but also not to take to much away from a trailer saying it might not be good cause of it. I got concerned with the 1st few Guardians of the Galaxy trailers that it might not be good, but by the time before the movie and when I watched it, I never been so glad to have those fears completely erased.

I take trailers as both teasers and glimpses into what will will get, a Menu of what is on the plate you will get, but what is on the plate is far more magnificent and awesome then you though!

I go mainly with Luke Cage in saying this is going to make Huge Levels of Money and any tweaking issues we see in the trailers will be gone before the movie comes out, if any really exist.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I don't think so with how much Whedon has been promoting and hyping the Twins up to this point with the movie, more of it I feel is that he is saving allot from use not to spoil them for us. AKA, he 1st seems to me wanting to keep a sense of mystery around them to make the audience want to see the movie to see who these 2 are that have been hyped for so long.

The other point I believe is that I feel the Twins will play Major Roles and parts in the movie that are so important to the plot that giving some of those moments away might spoil important moments of the movie. This is my theory why we have not gotten more of the Twins or them speaking.

If it is true, I feel right now it is a Good Movie by Wheadon, I don't want the best parts or key character moments spoiled in a trailer.
    I'm sure they will be important, specially Scarlet. But with all the characters they have, someone will end up being the 'Angel' from X3.

The female in the cave is definitely a black woman; seeing it in 1080p and fullscreen.

Awesome trailer btw!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Oh yeah. This is gonna suck. $2 Billion.
    Yeah because as we all know, cash = quality. That Michael Bay guy gets snubbed by the Oscars every year in the "Best Film" category.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    I'm sure they will be important, specially Scarlet. But with all the characters they have, someone will end up being the 'Angel' from X3.
    Uggghhh.............I try to forget X-3 even happen, even the ones used allot like Jean should have been used less with how bad they tore-up her. I always get afraid of these Comic movies rehashing back to what made X3 turn out so badly, sad part is I agree, you don't know when it may happen even from something that looks good. Also, throw how Rogue was used in the same level as Angel, just was a wicked waste!

I give some credit at this moment for Wheadon that I think he might pull it off, have to see if those hopes are validatend when it comes-up, but what might end up being more important is not length of screen-time, but how well it is used. Jackson as Nick Fury makes 1 min of his use Very Epic that it echoes for the rest of the movie, allot of that is of Jackson's Grand Talent indeed, but it is also a major example of good writing and direction.

This will be Wheadon's challenge in Avengers 2 indeed, I think he will pull it off, but indeed Jean Grey concern is merited with how easy it can go negative even with good direction.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Glad to see Wanda Finally get a blast in at someone, even thought it seems to be Iron Man, goes with the 1st arc of the story that the Twins are adversaries to the Avengers!
    I think that shot was cut from two different scenes. She's outside while it looked to me that Ironman was inside plus Ultron's energy blast was red also. But seeing as how we haven't even seen Vision yet there's probably a lot that's been save. So I'm hoping we get to see Wanda unleash.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I think that shot was cut from two different scenes. She's outside while it looked to me that Ironman was inside plus Ultron's energy blast was red also. But seeing as how we haven't even seen Vision yet there's probably a lot that's been save. So I'm hoping we get to see Wanda unleash.
    This goes with a similar question that was asked on another thread Harashkupo, answered it like this:

That is very Likely too, could be either or, just find it nice either as a tease that is misleading or as what we might be getting in the movie with the 1st act, not sure, but indeed fun to have theories towards it, LOL!

I expect allot of good blast from Wanda in the Movie, so any tease, even maybe misleading, is fun to have with. Kinds of come with the territory with trailers. Just more of fun what might be and what we might get in greater levels when more is revealed! ;-)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    And it appears to me that Cap is going back to being the slow, mediocre fighter that he was in the first movie. I was hoping he'd look more like he did in the Winter Soldier. I bought that Cap could take on an army of robots in that movie.
    Cap was just finding humans in The Winter Soldier. Compare that to Avengers 1, he was fighting Gods and aliens. Robots are significantly stronger and faster than humans, even super soldiers.

BANNED

Is wanda even doing magic in this movie or is she going to be more lets say Jean Greyish as in Telepath/Telekinetic.

Yeah I have no clue who was skinny dipping.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Cap was just finding humans in The Winter Soldier. Compare that to Avengers 1, he was fighting Gods and aliens. Robots are significantly stronger and faster than humans, even super soldiers.
    Yeah there was no one in Cap's class in that movie, whereas I expect the Avg Ultron bot to be at least Equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm still ticked off at the Hulk vs. Iron Man sequence. We've already seen the "Hulk rampage" in the first film. Static character development sucks.
    What do you mean by static?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm still ticked off at the Hulk vs. Iron Man sequence. We've already seen the "Hulk rampage" in the first film. Static character development sucks.
    Avengers 1 had Hulk slightly annoyed. This film will have Hulk rampaging. There is not much about the Hulk's character that needs to develop. He gets angry, and then he hits things. I have heard about them exploring the idea of the Hulk being afraid of Banner as much as Banner is afraid of the Hulk.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yeah there was no one in Cap's class in that movie, whereas I expect the Avg Ultron bot to be at least Equal.
    The other super soldier in that movie, Bucky, gave Cap a run for his money. So yes, there's a big difference between fighting normal humans and fighting gods/supped-up robots.