Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Shang Chi The Master Of Kung Fu Appreciation

AVENWORLD2014003_Alessio.jpg Let's show Shang Chi some love!!! What did everyone think of today's issue?
    Last edited by Daredevil is Legend; 05-14-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Invincible Member

I thought the comic was well written and an intriguing set up for the story, but I felt the art was under-whelming. And the bottom of page 4 was a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I thought the comic was well written and an intriguing set up for the story, but I felt the art was under-whelming. And the bottom of page 4 was a little too much.
    I felt the same way. What did you think about the character they killed?

Waste.
    She's a very interesting character.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I felt the same way. What did you think about the character they killed?
    When the series was announced a lot of folks guessed who was going to die. I think it's a shame. But who knows? Maybe later they'll a "things are not as they seem" plot twist...?

I LOVE SHANG CHI! I can't wait to read the new mini even though most of us knew who was going to die. If you like Shang. Check out the Secret Avengers that Aja drew. IT WAS GLORIOUS!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Well i'm looking forward to the next issue

I wish the art in the series was different

Ha, nice to see that someone restarted the thread. Time to put up some past Shang Chi art!

guiletrio.jpg
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

3736459-0120029352-Shang.jpg

Damn, who drew this? Amazing stuff right here.
    "I am a man of peace."

BANNED

That piece is Awesome!

I also just wanted to respond back to a post made several weeks ago about new villains for Shang. I believe some of the posters said that he should have some more villains that reflect modern China. In a way, this would be absolutely possible and very relevant to the situation in China today. In the news, there are articles concerning corrupt Chinese officials. Just today, there was an article published concerning corruption in China's military:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2...ary-corruption

It would be great to have a story that revolved around a corrupt Chinese general. It would be even more awesome if this corrupt Chinese general were a follower of Shang's father. Indeed, back in Secret Avengers, Shang alluded to the fact that there are adherents to his father still in the Chinese Communist Party. Add to the fact that the Chinese Communist Party is not very open and transparent in how it deals with internal corruption, you have the makings of a really great story.

Still, would a story like this be allowed to be published in China itself? Probably not.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ha, nice to see that someone restarted the thread. Time to put up some past Shang Chi art!

guiletrio.jpg
    I wish it was Daredevil instead of Spider-Man in that picture. Cause DD Shang and Danny are Marvel's Elite fighters

Would anybody like Mike Benson to write a Shang Chi ongoing instead of a mini? Has he earned the trust of Shang Chi fans?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I would. He's a pretty solid street level writer, dug his work on Moon Knight. He also practiced Karate, so he's gonna be vastly more knowledgeable than your average comic creator.

I'm fine with replacing Huat, though, since he has the hardest time gaining fans.