Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
Did anybody like today's issue?
Yeah, I got it. As I mentioned previously, I said that I would stick by the miniseries no matter what, and so I read the last issue. The issue seemed a little "WTF?" especially considering what was done to Leiko. her resurrection seemed equal parts Carried and "kinda out there." Though readers' initial fears that Leiko would be gone permanently have been put to rest, I am a little unsure what to make of the new Leiko.

Aside from that, I wasn't super impressed. Yeah, Sons of the Tiger and Daughters of the Dragon appear. So does Black Jack Tarr. Midnight Sun gets taken by the spirits of Triad bosses. Ummm, alright. All of that, plus the writing was decent, but the art, as usual brought it down.

HOWEVER, there were some crumbs of the story that I did like. As I previously mentioned, I always wanted Shang to use some tradition Chinese weapons, and hey, he got to hold a Chinese spear. His jump kick seemed pretty cool. However, what I liked the most was when Shang stood in between Midnight Sun and Leiko. It was apparent that Leiko had gotten some new supernatural, freaky deaky powers. I found it pretty boss that regular Shang stood up to her and tried to convince of the error of her ways.

SO yeah, a lot of people (and they wouldn't be wrong) would say that this miniseries was pretty bad. I, however, being the forever hopeful Shang-Chi fan, always found at least something throughout the series that made Shang cool and memorable.

Here's hoping one day that Shang still has some better stories ahead of him.