Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Gulacy's MKF is gold.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'd like to see a new MKF series by Brubaker and Aja.

Loved this!!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Gulacy work...

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i'm happy they can finally reprint the old stuff. i have giant holes in my collection.
    Does this mean Marvel can finally use Fu Manchu again? Wasn't that the problem why they couldn't reprint it before?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Does this mean Marvel can finally use Fu Manchu again? Wasn't that the problem why they couldn't reprint it before?
    i was wondering the same. and yes, i think the Fu Manchu rights is what held up reprints. i guess they worked it out.

I am more hopeful for a new MKF series right now.

Aja is available. A man can dream, can't he?

Instead of making Iron Fist Asian in the Netflix series why not just use Shang Chi?

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I'll say. I think it's been a great reimagining of characters and settings from the main Marvel Universe. I've gone at length at how I think this rendition of Zheng Zu should show up post-Secret Wars, so I just want to say that I feel that this version of Shang-Chi should be in the ANAD Marvel Universe as well. Indeed, what I really dug was Shang's down to Earth nature. He wasn't spouting fortune cookieisms or anything too far out. Rather, he gave very astute, yet practical observations. In a way, that's how it should be. Having spoken with a couple of Buddhist monks in person, I can definitely say that they are some of the most down-to-Earth, practical people you'll ever meet. They've a very calm and relaxed demeanor. While you can engage them in deep, philosophical discussions, they would also be willing to crack jokes and tell funny stories. I can certainly say there have been a lot of LOL moments in the Buddhist meditation sessions I've been to.

So, I think I'd like to see that with Shang. The guy can talk regularly and be like a good buddy at a bar. But, there will be those moments when he'll say something so piercing and poignant that you'd know the guy was pretty wise.
    You hit the nail right on the head.That has always been my biggest gripe with Shang,it seems writers go out of their way to make him as unrelatable as possible.SC Shang was still dangerous,wise and down down to earth.His techniques were also so cool.

Amazing Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Peng

This guy for a Shang-Chi film. Make it happen, Disney/Marvel.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    You hit the nail right on the head.That has always been my biggest gripe with Shang,it seems writers go out of their way to make him as unrelatable as possible.SC Shang was still dangerous,wise and down down to earth.His techniques were also so cool.
    Agree with your post about Tien Long's reasons why Secret Wars Shang Chi worked so well.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Shang Chi, the first and only one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Shang Chi, the first and only one for me.

The Immortal Weapons! Save for Prince of Orphans.

Always said Shang would make an excellent addition.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

To me, Mike Deodato did an electrifying job on that one. Irrelevant to me if this series was reviled.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 10-27-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Shang Chi & Natasha Romanoff by Gulacy.

shang.jpg