Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Pak writes an amazing Shang chi. He actually has a personality and can laugh every now and then

Mighty Member

Some creative writer needs to get a hold of Shang and really develop him. Take him away from all the Asian kung fu stereotypical tropes. And give him a "real" personality. I hope he will eventually show up in an Iron Fist Netflix series. If he comes off well, Marvel may give a series or two with a good creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Some creative writer needs to get a hold of Shang and really develop him. Take him away from all the Asian kung fu stereotypical tropes. And give him a "real" personality. I hope he will eventually show up in an Iron Fist Netflix series. If he comes off well, Marvel may give a series or two with a good creative team.
    Quoted for truth!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Yeah marvel said they were going to include Shang but they haven't announced who's playing him yet. V random

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Action-packed stuff over here!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I read somewhere he has ki powers and the ability to duplicate himself. Anyone fond of those powers for him?

Nope.

Back to basis, please.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just to keep things current in regards to Shang-Chi happenings, I thought I'd post some excellent moments that I've enjoyed from his appearances in Totally Awesome Hulk.

I like how he and Jimmy are fighting over the check, because it shows just how fast Shang can be. Notice how he is blocking stun blaster shots:

Also, love his karaoke moment. Nice to see that he isn't being played as stoic, Spock-like. Shang can have fun!

an actual battle over a dinner check? Uhm...

So what was the impetus for all these characters getting together? Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I read somewhere he has ki powers and the ability to duplicate himself. Anyone fond of those powers for him?
    No to both, especially the duplicate powers. He's Shang-Chi - Master of Kung Fu not Shang-Chi - Multiple Man 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    an actual battle over a dinner check? Uhm...

So what was the impetus for all these characters getting together? Curious.
    It's an in-joke about Asian dads fighting over who pays the check which has happened in my family

Originally they were recruited by Jake Oh(Agent of Shield) to help out with a charity event. Things moved to them hanging out and then escalated into them trying to stop an alien invasion (work in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Séb View Post
    No to both, especially the duplicate powers. He's Shang-Chi - Master of Kung Fu not Shang-Chi - Multiple Man 2.0.
    I think there's a potential in watching him gain control of those powers. You can have it be like triplicate girl with a limited number of clones but they have different facets of his personality. It gives you a chance to move away from the spock with kung fu skills stereotype he's been saddled with.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-11-2017 at 09:11 AM.

BANNED

Intriguing proposal it might work!

BANNED

Master of Kung Fu #50 Mar 1977
    "The Dreamslayer!"

In order the save the world can Shang Chi kill his own father?

He'll first have to get through the immortal Shaka Kharn.

Story by Doug Moench. Art by Paul Gulacy and Mike Esposito.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Are you guys excited to see Shang Chi this Friday? There's a high chance he gets his own Netflix series.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Are you guys excited to see Shang Chi this Friday? There's a high chance he gets his own Netflix series.
    I'm very curious. I've assumed the actor Doua Moua whose character name isn't given on the IMDB page character list as yet is going to be Shang-Chi.
    It says he appears in 2 episodes. I hope its two solid appearances and not 30 seconds at the end of just one episode and 2 min in the second.

If they intend to make a Shang-Chi series or make him at minimum a larger recurring character in an Iron Fist season 2 he should have a solid intro in these two episodes.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime