Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast
    BANNED

Master of Kung Fu #63 Apr 1978
    China Seas Saga. Part 2 of 7. "Hiding Cats!"
    As the deadly assassin known as the Cat schemes behind the scenes,

Shang Chi confronts the menacing Skull-Crusher!

Story by Doug Moench. Art by Jim Craig.

too bad Marvel never bought the Fu Manchu character. could have helped expedite the archival printings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all. Just a quick question: has anyone been reading the new Shang-Chi TPB:

Got my copy a oouple weeks ago. I really hope to see the conclusion of the Moench and Gulacy story.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

STUNNING Shang Chi by Patrick Zircher.

zircher MKF.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Just saw Infinity War. Not going to spoil anything, but like I've been saying with all of these Marvel movies and Netflix shows over the past year or so, there were a TON of moments in that film that could have featured Shang-Chi. Tons I tell you!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Yeah I know. But I have high hopes for phase 4

Hey all. I finished the TPB a couple of weeks ago and have been meaning to give my final thoughts on it. Finishing up the title, I found myself intrigued with the civil war that was brewing between Fu Manchu and his daughter Fah Lo Suee. Their conflict regarding control over the Si-Fan was very exciting and fun. Another aspect that I noticed about Shang is his global reach. In many of the issues, he's having adventures all over the world. That detail greatly reminded me of something Bruce Lee always wanted to be considered, which was a "citizen of the world." Shang is certainly well-travelled and world savvy. If there is any future Shang title, this quality should be a part of it.

Now, my complaints are still there. The Yellow Peril theme and Orientalism are still very apparent. Shang edges of being a "noble savage" character. Indeed, at times he was just a talking head, merely describing the the events of the story. It was very hard to get a sense of personality from him. He just randomly ends up in different parts of the world and somehow just casually walks into his father's "secret lair" in China or New York. However, I'm still intrigued with the title and the character. I'm certainly looking forward to reading the next TPB of the series!
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    finally, he gets to hook up with someone.
    I JUST mentioned Shang's celibacy in another thread. It was touched upon during his time with Misty Knight's Heroes for Hire (1st generation). He was tempted to the "pleasures of the flesh" by the female Tarantula character...

Hey all. Just wanted to remind everyone that Shang starts his guest appearance in the latest issue of the Domino series and we'll see him continue that in Domino #4. For me, the appearance was alright. As an Asian-American man, I was proud to see Shang as the object of affection. At the same time, I'm not too familiar with Domino. From what I've read, some fans were displeased with the fact that she just fangirled over him like that.

In any case, we'll see where the next issue takes us.
    "I am a man of peace."

Astonishing Member

Shang Chi is one of the what i consider one of my favorites from second generation of super heroes (first generation is Fantastic Four,Spider-Man and the others super heroes created in the first marvel comic books of the 60īs)
    Itīs disapointing that he does not have a ongoing comic book,but at least he have apearences in other comic books as in the Avengers comic books some time ago and now in the Domino comic book.I would collect a new Shang Chi comic book for sure.
    But i wonīt complain much because i am happy that all of the Shang Chi stories have been collected in Omnibuses and that the first issue of Shang Chi from the Epic collection is available.
    I have all the four Omnibuses that collect all the stories of Shang Chi in my wish list.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    STUNNING Shang Chi by Patrick Zircher.

zircher MKF.jpg
    Thatīs great art by Zircher.
    I would love to see a new Shang Chi comic book illustrated by him.

BANNED

It would be nice.

BANNED

Master of Kung Fu #65 Jun 1978
    China Seas Saga. Part 4 of 7. "Black Knights!"
    Shang Chi fights for his life against the combined might of the femme fatale Pavane and the dangerous Skull Crusher.

Story by Doug Moench. Art by Jim Craig and John Tartag.

I enjoyed Shang-Chi in Marvel Special Feature when he first came out. Those first few issues were wonderful!

"And you Skullcrusher, are merely a child who must rely on weapons to prove himself a man!"

Damn.........that's f'ing brilliant and a sick comeback as well! Again, this shows to me that Shang has really good observation and makes connections that others do not.
    "I am a man of peace."